4x4 light flashing

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Niehbria
Town: Welkom
Vehicle: 2013 Hilux 2.5 srx d/c

4x4 light flashing

Post by Niehbria »

I have a 2013 hilux 2.5 d4d d/c srx. Randomly I will be driving in 2wd and the 4x4 light will start flashing. If i shift it into 4h and back to 2h it goes off. Then it will happen again after another 4 hours of driving or so. Another problem, when i shift into 4x4 the light does not come on. Anyone have any information that could help me? Thanks
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: 4x4 light flashing

Post by Mars »

I get the impression that it could be due to a loose/faulty wire. Check all the plugs connecting to the gearbox for damage etc.

Have a look at this thread to see where the different connectors are. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37283.

Can you feel if the 4x4 is in fact engaging? You should very quickly feel it if you engage 4x4 and turn sharply whilst driving forward or in reverse slowly. Obviously whilst on a loose surface such as gravel.
Niehbria
Town: Welkom
Vehicle: 2013 Hilux 2.5 srx d/c

Post by Niehbria »

The 4x4 seems to be working fine. I can definitely feel that it is engaged when I try to turn. I just don't understand what the flashing light is trying to tel me. I'll check the connections and see if I find anything. Thanks for your help
Vlak vark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: 1995 hilux D/c 4x4 Legend 25 Kzt with top mounted intercooler. long range tank. hankook dynapro duel battery system

Post by Vlak vark »

The actuator that engages 4x4 is faulty, google the forum and you will find it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
One life, one dream, one toyota
Vlak vark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: 1995 hilux D/c 4x4 Legend 25 Kzt with top mounted intercooler. long range tank. hankook dynapro duel battery system

Post by Vlak vark »

Search " oosie101" posts. He has a full write-up on it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
One life, one dream, one toyota

Return to “The Workshop”