D4d injectors

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
muki
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4d D/C 4x4 A/T

D4d injectors

Post by muki »

So finally got around to getting the techsteam cable and software. Checked my injector values. How worried should I be? The limits are +-3 . Should I start crying now already for cash that shall soon departing my pocket? Or will I still be ok for couple more months?

P.s. if anyone in cape town needs injector values checked, drop me a pm.
Image Link Broken

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: D4d injectors

Post by Mars »

First add some Wynn's Injector and Turbo cleaner to the diesel once or twice and then check the values again. The orange bottle if I remember correctly. Just follow the instructions on the bottle exactly.

This was advice given to my by a Toyota workshop manager btw.

I also had one injector, on the no 4 cylinder, that gradually started going out of spec and when it reached 3 I replaced all of them as a matter of caution. I really didn't want to end up with holes in piston crowns due to leaking injectors.

At least you now have the ability to periodically check them so keep on driving until they are out of spec.
muki
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4d D/C 4x4 A/T

Post by muki »

So the values seem to be holding steady, sometimes even improving. But I think I will monitor going forward and add injector cleaner every few tanks. Looking at getting an additional 2 micron filter setup as well now.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

JohanW
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand
Vehicle: 2014 Land Cruiser 76 V8

Post by JohanW »

Engine run time 19s, coolant temp 49. The values differ between cold and warm. Your running temp values are the ones to use.
BKRITZ
Town: GEORGE
Vehicle: HILUX SFA 2.4 diesel

Post by BKRITZ »

Add injector cleaner every 10 000 kms to a full tank. Works very good specially before a long trip. I did that on my Volvo s40 2.0d as it was recommended by Volvo. At 250 000 kms i requested them to remove injectors and have it tested and the diesel guys didnt need to do any adjustments, just gave them a good clean.

Return to “The Workshop”