Backplate for drum rear brakes for TARO

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
hammern
Town: Stjørdal
Vehicle: Taro 1994Mod

Backplate for drum rear brakes for TARO

Post by hammern »

So i bought a rusty and worn out Taro as a winter project and a car where i could have my bikes on the back! But i need to completely restore the rear drum breakes. But the backing plate of the rear drum brake was eaten up by rust and i need to replace them. I talked with my local dealership but i believe they are overpricing the items?

So my question is, where can i order backplates for the drum brakes online? The car is an Taro 1994Mod
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Backplate for drum rear brakes for TARO

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi and welcome Taffen! :thumbup:

Unfortunately the dealers usually add a hefty premium to their spare parts. I don't know how things work in Norway, but here you can buy pirate parts in a wide variety of spares where there is a demand. Drum brake backing plates are not a frequently replaced item so I doubt you will find a pirate replacement, but what about scrap yards?

Hope you come right. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”