KZTE Help needed

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Splitpin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Uitenhage
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0KZ-TE 4x4 D/C

KZTE Help needed

Post by Splitpin »

So after replacing the power steering fluid my steering is a little bit more stiff than before. The information I could find that has already been discussed says that the pump should be replaced and what not...I know I don't have a steering pump problem because it's not leaking, not making a noise and worked without any problems before fluid change. Reason for changing the fluid is it was black. I lifted the bakkie and removed the return line to the reservoir and put that in a container. Turned steering from left to right until everything was drained. Poured in the new power steering fluid and turned steering left to right until al the old power steering fluid came out. I then put the return line back and filled the reservoir turning the steering left to right. Started the engine and checked the reservoir and topped it off. Now my steering isn't what it used to be. Does the system need bleeding...if so where?. Do you think that the steering fluid is wrong? Any help is appreciated 😊
:cooldude: Want to need list: BunduTop, Snorkel, Onca Offroad bumper, Long range tank, New suspension, Intercooler, Custom Canvas interior, Winch, Recovery kit, Dual Battery system, Solar panel, Fridge/Freezer.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: KZTE Help needed

Post by pietpetoors »

Mine was stiff due to fanbelt which was not adjusted tight enough, but does not sound like you fiddled with the fanbelt.
You did not perhaps spill oil on the pulley?
Or if you did loosen the fanbelt, check that you adjusted it properly afterwards.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Splitpin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Splitpin »

No where near a pulley but the possibility is there. Will take the timing belt cover off to see if any fluid seeped in there. Could it be that some air got trapped?
:cooldude: Want to need list: BunduTop, Snorkel, Onca Offroad bumper, Long range tank, New suspension, Intercooler, Custom Canvas interior, Winch, Recovery kit, Dual Battery system, Solar panel, Fridge/Freezer.
Splitpin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Splitpin »

Anyone else?
Skilpad4X4
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: 2004 Toyota kzte

Post by Skilpad4X4 »

Splitpin wrote:Anyone else?
Good morning
First the pump is driven with gears . What type of oil did Use . No need to bleed the system as you just turn the steering a few times to the limits . If air is in the system you will hear and feel abnormal pumping

Sent from my K00Z using Tapatalk

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Turn wheels from side to side to prime the ait out.

Should take normal red ATF. Soon after I did a fluid change I experienced oil leaks from the pump and box.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “The Workshop”