'03 HILUX Replacement Carpet

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

'03 HILUX Replacement Carpet

Post by JAMES399 »

The carpet in my '03 Hilux double Cab has definitely seen better days. I have searched for a direct replacement molded carpet, but the Aussie firm that has one listed won't ship international. The dashboard in my truck is identical to the one in the '98 Tacoma I had, and when I replaced the dash pad, the pad for a '98 taco was a perfect fit. So I thought maybe a Tacoma Gen 1 double cab carpet will work in my 'Lux. Does anyone on the forum know if the Tacoma carpet will fit ?? Before I shell out the bucks it would be nice to know.

- JAMES
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: '03 HILUX Replacement Carpet

Post by Mud Dog »

The Tacoma is basically a re-branded Hilux and I'm no sure what the Toyota marketing strategy was at the time but there are only subtle differences to the best of my knowledge (we never got the Tacoma here in SA). I cannot confirm but I would assume that the cab structure is the same and that the carpet would therefore fit.

The alternative is to have new carpeting fitted by an auto-trimmer. Hope you come right either way. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”