4x4 Routes through Southern Africa

More outdoor related books
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

4x4 Routes through Southern Africa

Post by pietpetoors »

Many of you might have seen the ad for Map Studios new book, 4x4 Routes through Southern Africa

I bought some of them and am now also selling them on my online shop at
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/

Die boek is ook in Afrikaans beskikbaar
Includes FREE bonus CD with GPS routes, maps and packing list

‘4x4 Routes through Southern Africa’ takes a detailed look at 20 great 4x4 routes across Southern Africa from the popular Cederberg and Richtersveld regions of South Africa to the Namib Desert in Namibia and East to Lesotho and Mozambique, even as far afield as Tanzania.

Each of the 20 routes are described in vast detail with contributions from reputable 4x4 operators, giving the book a unique perspective with descriptions as seen through the eyes of local experts.

Each chapter contains a detailed day-by-day description of a 4x4 route together with maps, colour images and GPS waypoints for use in conjunction with any GPS navigation system. The book is also jam-packed with information about the local fauna & flora and includes interesting facts about each of the regions travelled as well as tourist information and accommodation listings to help plan an overnight stay.

For the serious adventurer – each chapter indicates specific vehicle requirements, a kit checklist, road conditions & warnings, multi-day trails with expert advice, special vehicle driving skills required, self-sufficiency ratings and detailed distance charts for each route.

Routes included:

Crossing the Cederberg - Tankwa to Sandveld
The West Coast - !Kwha ttu to Hondeklipbaai
The Richtersveld
Khaudum and Mamili
The Kaokoland
The Namaqua Eco-Trail
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Faces of the Namib
Tanzania Wildebeest Migration
Northeastern Botswana
Angola
Liuwa Plains , Western Zambia
Zimbabwe
Southern Mozambique
Transkei Wild Coast
Great Limpopo
Tracing the Molopo River
The Old Ox-wagon Route
Lesotho

‘4x4 Routes through Southern Africa’ includes a FREE bonus CD with downloadable GPS tracks of all the routes, a digital packing list and PDF format maps.

Map Studio
Edition: 1st
Format: Soft Cover
Size: A4
ISBN: 9781770262904
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
oom dan
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: st lucia
Vehicle: hilux

Re: 4x4 Routes through Southern Africa

Post by oom dan »

hello pieter will it be easer for us far away people to buy it in the shop
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Oom Dan, ja, if you buy at my online shop I send it all over the country. I have 3 postage options to choose from, from R25 per parcel for normal registered parcel to R120 for courier to your door.

My shop is mainly aimed at the "far away people" The guys in the city can just POP into their local 4x4 store and buy the book, the people from far can only do it when next they go to "town" and only if they have enough time while in town. I know how it goes, I am slo 140km from Cape Town and when you go to town you normally have a long list of things to do and most of the time there is not enough time in one day to also get to the 4x4 store.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
oom dan
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: st lucia
Vehicle: hilux

Post by oom dan »

thanks pieter back home this week still have to fit the snorkel will give you a call

Return to “More books”