Kingsley Holgate

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Kingsley Holgate

Post by Niel »

Kingsley must have an interesting life and I would like to hear a couple of his stories. :D There is just 1 thing that I would recommend :x DRIVE A TOYOTA man. :D

See link for progress on their Africa Outside Edge expedition

http://www.outsideedge.co.za/
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Kingsley Holgate

Post by BenHur »

No man he can't drive a Toyota, where is the challenge in that :?: :shock: :shock: What makes him so popular and remarkable is that he been through all his adventure and came out the other side in one piece, in spite of the Land Rovers he drive. That’s the real achievement. 8) It’s like these guys with no legs completing the Cape Argus. They do it against the odds. :shock: :shock:

That is why they use Land Rovers for the Camel Trophy as well. They had to find a vehicle that makes the event challenging. What fun would it be, doing the Camel Trophy in a Toyota that would simply idle through everything without much effort?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Meer waar woorde was lanklaas gespreek. :D Wonder what that comment will do on the 4x4 community site. :?: 8) 8) He he he …
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Niel wrote:Meer waar woorde was lanklaas gespreek. :D Wonder what that comment will do on the 4x4 community site. :?: 8) 8) He he he …
It will be deleted - called off topic :wink:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I heard a rumour that he will be using a Patrol in the future, is it true?

Bennie, you are spot on with your explanation below, this weekend we were climbing mountain at Matroosberg to see the snow. Some places the Defenders and Discos had to try 5 or 6 times before they could go up, we went up lekker rustig the first time in the Hilux. So I can see that if you drive a Landy any off-road experience becomes a challenge.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

benhur wrote:
Niel wrote:Meer waar woorde was lanklaas gespreek. :D Wonder what that comment will do on the 4x4 community site. :?: 8) 8) He he he …
It will be deleted - called off topic :wink:
It would incur 100 letters from irate LR owners, and you would be classified a Moderator's nightmare! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

Benhur:
Better keep your collar flipped up and your hat pulled down when you gert near a Landrover. But don't dispair if the going gets tough, just call us!
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hay Bennie

I second your comments :mrgreen: We used to be a Landy dealer when BMW owned LandRover and I spent more then enough weekends running after faulty Landys all over the east cape when I was still on the Bench
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Harold wrote:Benhur:
Better keep your collar flipped up and your hat pulled down when you gert near a Landrover. But don't dispair if the going gets tough, just call us!
Moenie worry nie ek is nie 'n bang oukie nie. Ek kan Land Rover oukies handle. Ek het so paar maande terug 'n paar van my kliente uit geneem op 'n dag uitstappie (deur die werk betaal) na die Landrover Experience by Kayalami. Ek het daar in die "loins den" ing gery met my Pajero, ek het aspris 'n Jeep hemp gedra en reguit vir die Landrover instukteurs laat weet ek ry 'n regte 4x4 en wat ek van hulle 4x4s dink.

Daar was net een voertuig wat ek daar bestuur het wat my impress het. Dit was die < R 1M se Range Rover V8 maar ek sal dit ook eerder soos my Pajero as my plat kar gebruik as ek een sou kon besit. Daai ding is nogal luuks hoor.
xuliH
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by xuliH »

Aaaahh.

Feeling right at home here.

:twisted: :twisted:
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

What it basically boils down to is this

Would Toyota sponsor him vehicle's and finance to drive a Hilux on a exerbition like this and would a Hilux be able to handle the loads that these guys are carrying on and in their Landrovers

I recon that many of his stories are just made up to satisfy his sponsors and make out as if AFRICA is still very wild as we are made to believe.

My friends who drove their Uni-mog 28 000km down from the UK through Africa said that they did not even have to use their diff locks, through the Moroccan desert they said that they only used high range 4x4.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “Trip Reports”