Tanzania Trip report

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

Tanzania Trip report

Post by Rampie »

I must confess that I've started typing our trip report on the big site and it is so much work that its just not possible for me to copy it here again. Please forgive me this one time and read all about it here...
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... hp?t=24027
Family_Dog
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Tanzania Trip report

Post by Family_Dog »

Copy & Paste.... ;)

So what else are you doing?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Klaar begin lees, Andre.

Baie interresant.

Dankie vir jou moeite
ImageImage
Bushwacker
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vryheid Natal
Vehicle: 2003 HILEX, 35" maxxis. 2009 Prado 120 VX

Post by Bushwacker »

Here is the copy and paste:

Hi Guys

We are eventually starting to normalise our lives after completing the trip and then coming down with a suspected appendix (still acting up).

I really don't know where to start this report, there is so much to say, so I think I'll post it in a few messages with some photos.
Mr Moderator can't we have a section for Tanzania? Please?

On one hand I thought we were totally overprepared for deepest darkest Africa, but then we got to use most of the stuff taken, even the welder and the rivet gun. The generator was an absolute life saver with keeping the fridge & freezer going and charging all the batteries. Next time I'll take much less camping stuff.

OK ok to the trip. We covered 10 055km in 4 weeks, longest distances were on the last 2 days coming home from Inhassoro in Moz. I broke 2 hinges on the trailer by standing on the tailgate. Both jerrycan holders snapped their clasps. On 3 occasions we were forced to drive at night to get to the campsites. Fortunately we arrived safely and nobody threw a dead body in our way. We got a speeding fine in Tanzania for 20 000 shillings (anout R120) for doing 60 in a 50 zone. One customs official hinted very hard for a 'gift' after helping us crossing the border, a policeman asked for a coke at a checkpoint and another outright wanted a bribe in Mozambique. We got cheated at the ferry crossing in DarEsSalaam. That was the only problems we had the whole trip, the rest was sheer magic!

Will we do it again? YES sommer with Swambo's car so we can take family and friends along!

Our first day took us through the border at Ramatlabama where officials were helpfull and we cleared it in a record 30 minutes. The road was in good condition and uneventfull through Botswana.

We passed Francistown just as it was getting dark and arrived at Woodlands campsite, Tati river outside Francistown. A lovely site with green lawns on the banks of the river, a swimming pool, large showers with hot water and a friendly guard. A quick fire roasted a few chops and with some salads and tinned fruit made for a lovely meal.

We were woken the next morning by the resident flock of guinea fowl that popped around to say hallo. Mr brilliant then stood on the trailer's tailgate and broke it, but we tied it in place with rope and carried on our way to Livingstone.

We went to look at the Makgadigadi pans namely Sowa pan, but at the viewpoint only saw grass. So we took a 2 spoor track which led in the general direction of the pans themselves and ended up on the pans. we hardly got there when another bakkie rocked up with 2 security guards who friendly asked us to leave as we were on private property belonging to some mine operation! needless to say we got out of there fast!

We arrived at Pandamatenga to find that the electricity was off and the only filling station couldn't pump fuel. This was the last reliable fuel before Zambia so we had to fill the tanks and jerry cans. After waiting a little while they got their generator running and we got diesel before a Looong queue of trucks waiting. They took SA Rands, but not US$ or cards.

We got to the ferry at Kazangula just before 5pm and passed a long queue of trucks to push to the head of the queue. Literally hundreds of locals were pushing and shoving trying to sell their 'guide' services to us. Swambo was distinctly uncomfortable having to get out while be board the ferry.

We arrived at the border post and fortunately had good instructions how to go through the sequence of 5 buildings and what to get where. At customs I lost my cool and yelled at one of the 'runners' who tried to grab my papers, realising at that moment that I'm going to be in deep smelly stuff. Surprisingly the runners all disappeared like mist, customs officials in uniform hoarded around us and minutes later we were through with all formalities. We made it through in under an hour!!

It was dark by the time we left on the last 80km for Livingstone. I tried to follow a bus, but lost sight of it despite going at speeds exceeding 130km/h. In Livingstone we found a new Spar and a Steers where we got charcoal (R126 for 2 bags!!!) and burgers for supper.

The Livingstone Safari Lodge is close to the suburbs and we struggled to find it. More so as there is a 5star hotel with the same name and everyone asked, directed us to the hotel. Even though the people at the campsite were friendly, we found that camping next to a chalet and using it's electricity and ablutions is essential. We were charged the normal camping rate despite welding and running the fridges of their power the next day. One drawback is that the locals music is very loud and annoying. If you go there please take them another song along? I'm 100% sure they played the same song over and over through the night. Both nights!

The sight of the waterfalls made up for it all. Vic Falls is absolutely spectacular from the Zambia side, much better than I remember it from the Zim side. Swambo took plenty photos of the rainbow that ended right where we were at. Unfortunately no pot of gold though.

We left Livingstone on the Great North Road, only to be warned at the first road block that the road is very bad for about 70kms. That 70kms is so full of potholes that even the potholes have potholes in them. It took us more than 2 hours to cover. After that the road got better and I started to relax, only to be caught unawares by a very large hole that we only saw at the last minute. Fortunately the trailer also has brakes so we left two brand new black tyre marks on the road, but managed to stop in time. This was to be the repeated a few times during the day.

We made Eureka campsite by early afternoon and set up camp where we had electricity and hot water showers. Eureka is a large campsite and there were plenty of overlanders and other travellers, yet we didn't feel crowded. They even have a bar and I saw some pool tables, which we didn't try out.

The reputation of Lusaka's traffic is terrible and we left very early the next morning to hopefully pass through town before anyone else was awake. To our surprise we struck peak hour traffic. Before long I took a wrong left turn, but with the help of the Gps and T4A maps managed to go around the CBD. Their taxi's are maniacs so we made sure we had a large truck next to us every time we went through a crossing. Forutnately we made it through without any problems.

Kundalile falls is spectacular and was supposed to be our overnight stop, but as we got there very early and we were the only people there, we decided to go through to Kapisheya where we could then stay for 2 night and have a rest from driving.

We only got to Kapisheya at nightfall so we quickly set up camp and ate a quick pasta supper. A second breath saw us lighting a fire and having a sosatie braai a bit later.

In the morning we only got to appreciate the spectacular beauty of the place. The campsite is right next to a river and have the loveliest hot springs in which to swim. There is a lodge as well and they have a restaurant. Camping fees of $10 per night pp wasn't bad for the facilities. The ground is like ash and everything gets a nice coating of dirt, but the scenery more than made up for that.

The last 100 or so kms in Zambia to the Tunduma border post went by as we realised the poverty of the people living right next to the road. They chop down blocks of trees, stack and burn it into charcoal. We found a few unhappy souls at the border as they were not allowed to take charcoal out of Zambia. Some villages have stalls where they all sell the same produce, such as tomatoes or potatoes.

After crossing the border it becomes clear that Tanzania is much more affluent than Zambia. The villages were brick buildings with corrugated iron roofs and not the mud and sticks affairs we've become used to.

Our diesel tanks were running low as we crossed Zambia without buying any of their expensive R18/l diesel (which was in short supply anyway). We relied on 6 jerry cans, the 70 liter in the Lr tank and the 80l in the main tank to carry us through to Mbeya.

At Mbeya we camped at Karibuni Church Centre which we reached early the afternoon. Karibu is Kiswahili for welcome, karibuni is welcome to this place. They have showers with cold water only and ablutions without the porcelein bits. Just a concrete floor sloped towards a hole. Man you need strong legs for these and a good aim. We ended up washing ourselves in the tent with a bowl of water that we heated on the gasstove. Only the next day did we have enough energy to try the 'refreshing' cold showers.

We saw a Landcruiser bakkie at the church with a goat riding on top of the canopy. At first we thought it was tied there (we saw plenty of those during the trip) but this goat was just along for the ride and wasn't tied to anything.

We found an Engen garage in Mbeya that had a VISA sign, but they wouldn't take cards. The sign was for the brand new Stanbic ATM, so we drew 200 000 shillings on a Visa card. For a brief moment we were rich! And then we couldn't even fill Ramkat's tanks with it and had to go and draw another 200 000 shillings.

The road to Iringa wasn't too bad and we were used to the gazzilion roadblocks where friendly policemen asked all sorts of questions to practise their english. Just past Iringa we passed a LandRover with a new sticker on it for 'Crocodile camp'. We promptly got ourselves invited to be the first guests at this soon to be opened campsite.

The campsite on the banks of the river had huge hotwater showers, a lekker bushpub, a few chalets and Jennifer the owner even prepared supper for us with local dishes cooked green bananas and rice boiled in coconut milk. Delicious! We left the next day with a promise to be back.

Mikumi game reserve was a surprise with plenty game. We even got to see our first sitatunga. North of DarEsSalaam the climate got more tropical and we saw plenty coconut and banana trees. In a small village we were caught speeding and no amount of pleading got us out of trouble.

Then we arrived at paradise. Literally. Peponi Beach campsite was the best campsite of our trip. The sea is probably around 35 degrees c. At low tide it pulls back close to a kilometer. Magnificent!! They have a curio shop, a great pub & restaurant and showers with hot water (in the evenings). By now it was so hot in daytime that we didn't mind cold showers.

After a rest day at Peponi we left for Ngorogoro. Many fellow travellers that we met have told us that we were to late for the migration and that there wasn't much happening in the Serengeti. We didn't feel like going into Kenya (a mistake at the time) so thought we'd check out the crater at least.

It was a full day's drive to Twiga camp although we stopped at the Shoprite in Arusha to stock up on a few essentials. The traffic in Arusha is a quick guerilla warfare course. The loudest, quickest and biggest oke wins. I've by now learned to drive like a local and Ramkat hooter worked overtime. Bad habits that I'm still stuck with sometimes.

Twiga camp was full of campers and overlanders and we felt just a little bit crowded. Still, they had good showers with instant hot water and we could refill our water supplies which were starting to run low.

We entered Ngorogoro Resreve the next morning at 8am and had to pay $400 US dollars for 24 hours, which included camping at a public campsite for one night. We had to be out the gate by 8am the next morning or we would have to pay another $400! At the entrance gate to descend into the crater we were turned away as we had no guide with us. Despite phone calls to several officials we had to go back to the Parks office. My patience ran out somewhere between the gate and Simba camp where we left our trailer, when one jerrycan holder broke. So I hitched the trailer drove to the Parks office and demanded my money back. The Parks PR manager however arranged for us to enter the crater without a guide. Somehow Swambo managed to calm me enough to go all the way back, unhitch the trailer and drive into the crater.

By now it was past 11am and we were excited to see the animals in the crater. Yes it is a sight to see once and we did see the big 5 - like it was in a zoo. We also saw Thompsons gazelle and grants gazelle quite close. Everytime we saw an animal a gazillion guides with Landcruisers arrived in their droves and would rudely cut in front of us and other vehicles. Well it wasn't long before my temper was back at boiling point, suffering a severe gout attack didn't help matters. By 3pm we've had enough and decided to go to the campsite. At this time the second jerrycan holder broke, adding fuel to the fire.

The exit road out of the crater was something else. Ramkat was heavily loaded and we attacked the steep ascent on loose gravel in second gear lowrange.

At the campsite we tied all the broken pieces down with rope, had another cold shower in freezing weather, had a quick pasta supper as the wind was blowing so much we daren't light a fire and went to bed. Just after nightfall the camp was invaded by a bunch of zebras and then a ranger came around to tell us to be carefull as 8 lions are operating in the area.

We woke by 4am to find the tent soaking wet on the outside from condensation. The guys at Howling moon know what they are doing as the tent was cosy, warm and dry inside. Daybreak found us on the way down the mountain and we encountered a bunch of buffalo in the mist. The fog was so heavy that we let Ramkat run down the mountain in first gear low range as we couldn't see anything. We got out the gate just in time to avoid having to pay for another day.

Our feelings about Ngoro: Rather go the Pretoria Zoo, you'll have much more fun.

At Ngorogoro we decided not to go into the Serengeti as the road conditions were terrible and we didn't want to break more serious stuff so far away from home. One of the guides managed to break a Landcruiser suspension!! We should have gone to Kenya, but so we learn.

So we left for Marangu Hotel (base camp for climbers) at the foot of Kilimanjaro, where we stayed 2 nights. The green lawns, hot showers, brick braai area and mild weather had us relaxing and enjoying the local gin in moderation. We did the laundry and managed a few photos when Kili opened its cloud cover for a few minutes on the second day. Supper that night was in the hotel restaurant with fresh salads, soup, pork chops, desert, brewed coffee and everything. Just the cheese platter got away as the local cheese had quite a strong flavour (nice way of saying it stank so much we could smell it while it was still in the kitchen).

It was a Sunday when we drove to DarEsSalaam and we hoped for less traffic. That was not to be as it seemed that everyone was on their way back into the city. their driving style is very unusual, to say the least. There are no signs at crossings, the guy with the loudest horn goes first. They are much less agressive drivers than in ZA and somehow nobody is upset when somebody pushes in, they just make space. At the small ferry crossing we got charged about 10 times what we should have paid. Kipepeo beach lodge is absolutely magic and we wished we could stay there for a week. They have a great beach bar and restaurant, the campsites are right on the beach and one just mellows out and go with the flow.

We pitched our camp on Sunday at Kipepeo beach and just as I was sitting down with a nice cold, foamy drink a lad walked past and shouted 'Hallo Oom'. How nice it was to hear one's mother tongue so far away from home! They were on a 3-4 month overland trip and told us how to go about visiting Zanzibar.

So at 4h30 the next morning a taxi took us from the camp over the small Ferry and right to the Zanzibar terminal for $20. There we got ripped off and had to part with $165 for 1st class tickets there and **economy class** coming back.

Within 20 minutes after departure Swambo turned a very interesting colour, something between gray and green and ran to the open deck at speed. No vehicle owned by any forum member would have been able to catch her! Fortunately she recuperated fairly quickly.

At Zanzibar, for another $50, we got a guide and taxi driver who spent the day with us and literally took us everywhere and showed us everything on the island, including the spice farms, beaches, slave market (couldn't get a bid on Swambo though) and Stone Town. We ate lunch at a pavement cafe, Tanzanian fast food, boiled rice and pale chicken. Our lasting impression of the island was one of striking poverty and somehow we missed the romantic bit completely.

The return ferry departed 2 hours late and had engine problems on the way back. By the time we got to the mainland it was past 7pm, pitch dark and Dar was in the daily peak traffic. It took a taxi 2 hours to get us back to Kipepeo. Initially we were suspicious when the taxi had a driver and another guy, but we soon realised the driver who owned the car didn't speak english and employed a family member as runner and translator.

Back at Kipepeo we managed to still find the chef at the bar who quickly whipped up the most delicious pasta meal which were made even better by the local poison Konyagi (similar to gin).

We left the campsite after the rush hour and only had to wait about an hour for the small ferry. This time we were only charged 1600 shillings and not 10 500 like the previous time.

Once again we found Dar Es Salaam traffic terrible. There are no signs or lines at crossings, instead the car with the loudest horn goes first. After a few close calls, we eventually made it out safely and drove to Crocodile camp near Iringa where we stayed the night. Along the way we were almost involved in a head on collision with two oncoming buses overtaking each other on a blind rise. Fortunately the trailer also has brakes and we managed to just avoid a nasty accident. Swambo was filming at the time and all my choicest words were recorded for eternity! We saw so many truck and bus accident scenes and now we know why,

Along the road we purchased Jackfruit which is almost as big as a watermelon. It has a weird taste that lasts in ones mouth for hours. Its juices are very sticky and it took a few washes before we got the knife cleaned.

The next day we had an uneventfull drive to Mbeya where we changed our last shillings to kwachas and then drove in the direction of the border with the intention of sleeping somewhere along the road. A friendly policeman at one of the many roadblocks even agreed to pose for a photo with Swambo.

We arrived at the border much quicker than expected and cleared out of Tanzania by 5pm. On the Malawi side things went much slower and just as we got worried that the 6pm closing time was approaching fast, we realised that there is an hour time difference between the two countries and that it was only 5pm.

The first campsite indicated on T4A after entering Malawi doesn't exist, but the track there provided us with some 'interesting' 4x4 work - in the dark. We turned back to the main road and eventually checked in at Chitimba Lodge for a two nights. Ramkat got stuck in the sand between reception and the room and we had to let the tyres down before we could plug the chargers and fridges in for the duration of our stay.

For 2 days & nights we had all our meals in their restaurant, had a room to ourselves with shower, had our laundry done, drank their local stock and just sat and relaxed at their pub next to the lake for only $94. We vowed to be back with the kids and family in tow.

We were sad to have to leave Chitimba, but the friendly owners advised that we go to a place south of Nkhata Bay, which according to them was full of rowdy young backpackers and overlanders.

First we had to stock up on some essentials though so we took stopped in Mzuzu town where we got colddrinks, bread and the very best peri-peri & garlic sauces. We drove into Nkhata Bay and soon realised that our previous hosts were right, as the loudest music was blaring from every shop. We quickly turned south and after shopping for some curios, took the road south next to the lake. Just outside Nkhata Bay we saw rubber tree plantations and bought a ball made from the natural rubber, which had to go into the trailer because of its smell.

Nkwazi camp turned out to be another little paradise where we camped right next to the lake on green lawns. We were the only guests at the time and had to whole beachfront to ourselves. What a priviledge!!

Pity we could only stay there for one night, yet we were up long before daybreak. To sit quietly and watch the sun rise over the lake was an almost religious experience that will stay with us for ever.

Little did we know that today was going to be a real tiring marathon drive. The Gps showed Monkey Bay as a probable destination, only some 60km after Lilongwe and we aimed in that direction. Somewhere T4A and our Garmin got things a little skewed and after the 60km we got to a turnoff onto a bad dirt road that said Monkey Bay was another 90km away. I didn't feel like the drive on the dirt and we stayed on the tar, aiming for some Hippo view Motel. We even crossed a few rickety wooden bridges along the way.

We only got to the Hotel after driving many agonising hours in the dark, dodging everyone in Malawi that was walking on the road - and they were all there on that stretch of tarmac. The hotel was totally overpriced for their meagre facilities and we decided to continue even though we were both very tired. After another halfhour or so, we got to the entrance gate to Liwonde National Park, which were long closed. The friendly guard let us in anyhow, on our promise to come pay the next day. We proceeded to the first camp, pitched the tent, swallow some pasta and hit the sack, tired as dogs. The camp fees were $20 per day for both of us, with nice facilities and even a little kitchen where we could prepare food and clean up afterwards.

Next morning the were woken by a chorus of fish eagles and hippos screaming at each other and we just laid listening to them for what felt like hours. Magic!! After breakfast we decided to take a quick game drive, which turned into a leisurely 3 hour drive to the Mvuu (hippo) camp. Mvuu must be the most beautifull camp in any game reserve, situated right next to the lake. We saw stacks of elephant, lots and lots of other game and probably the most waterbuck per sq kilometer than anywhere else on earth. Somehow during the day we grew into staying another day without ever discussing it.

After supper back at the other camp, we had a relaxing chat to the rangers. As we returned to the bakkie I walked into a hyena that was coming from the other side. Fortunately the hyena got a bigger fright and added a dash of speed to its departure while I stood there shaking.

The second morning we were again woken by the chorus, this time joined by elephants protesting against something.

Turning Ramkat's nose south we were saddened by the prospect to leave the friendly people of Malawi behind. Somewhere before the border Ramkat decided to blow the pwer outlet's fuse and we had to swop it out. Just before the border we again filled the diesel tanks and just after the garage, were again stopped at another road block. This one was different with the policeman telling us glad he was to see South Africans visiting his country and that we must please come back and help them develop their country! We saw bicyles being used to haul cargo and even as taxi's to carry passengers.

This lovely experience was quickly forgotten at the border where a customs official was trying to solicit a bribe from us, without asking directly. After taking our vehicle papers he ushered us to the front of a long queue where our documents were quickly processed. He then proceeded to the bakkie with us where he started hinting for something ' for the guards at the gate'. They even conducted a superficial search at the gate, all the time hinting. when there was a moments silence I quickly greeted them, got in and drove to the gate where the only remaining guard confusedly opened it, probably thinking that they did get something from us. When that gate opened I put foot leaving the customs chap screaming in the dust for us to pull over and give them something.

Entry into Mozambique was painless, even though the insurance shap tried his best to convince us that our Comesa insurance wasn't valid for Moz. They even took Rands in payment of the low entrance fees.

The road is in a terrible condition towards Tete and progress was very slow. Poverty is very obvious and the earth is barren with the locals having burned just about every single tree - including baobabs. Arriving in Tete we found the only campsite to be in a less than ideal part of town. We decided to stay anyway, mainly as we had no other option, and it is on the banks of the Zambezi river and has a big wall around it. During the course of the afternoon convoys of vehicles passed the site and before long the sound of auto rifle fire could be heard. Apparently there was a funeral of some important chap going on. We nevertheless kept one eye open at all times, but we weren't hindered. The ablutions leave a lot to be desired, but at least the water was hot. During the early evening a strong wind came up and tried its best to rip the tent from the trailer. We got into bed early and ate a tin of peach halves in the tent like kids camping out on the lawn at home.

At Tete we were told many horror stories about the road south to Chimoio, so much so that we considered going to Gorongoza via detour. Fortunately we decided to stick with our plans. For the first 100kms we found the roads quite nice and then it did get worse with stretches where we had to drive at 40km/h interspaced with stretches of the best highway. A new road is under construction for about the last 50km before the T-junction turnoff to Chimoio.

We camped at Casa Musica with lovely facilities on the edge of the Lake. They even farm crocodiles there. Fellow south africans doing contract work up there came back from the pub just before midnight in high spirits(!) and woke us up, but they retired quickly.

At Chimoio we encountered a very rude person who tried to evaporate Ramkat by lying on his horn while we were waiting for the Shoprite to open. Surprisingly our Hilux immediately got concrete shoes and didn't move an inch. We got all the supplies needed, but at a very hefty price. This was the most expensive store of the trip.

At Inhassoro we found that construction is underway at the Hotel Seta campsite and decided to first look for alternative accommodation. The most beautifull Dugong lodge caters for larger groups but the friendly manager agrees to let us a chalet for 5 people at a reasonble rate. They invited us to a braai, but we had our hearts set on prawns, which he promptly supplied from their stocks at fair prices. Fresh prawns grilled on fast coals with Mali garlic peri peri sauce is fit for a King! We ate way too much and fell over in great peace with the world around us. The next day we strolled down the beach, laid around and just enjoyed the beauty of Dugong and Inhassoro - and again ate too much prawns.

We were really missing the folks and kids back home and leaving Inhassoro, decided that the holiday was wonderful, but we wanted to get home. So we were going to cover the last +-1890km in two days, only stopping over at Casa Lisa close to Maputo. That night at Casa Lisa the wind stormed so much that it started lifting the suspended end of the rooftop tent. We slept in the bakkie and left early the next morning.

Just before the border we got pulled over by a policeman who tried his level best to get a bribe out of us. He was sent packing in no uncertain terms and that just reinforced the need to get home even more. Crossing back in to SA took us the longest of all the border crossings due to poor service in the SA side and plenty people trying to cross the border.

On the road we suddenly found gazilions of cars chasing all over the roads, speeding and driving virtually on top of each other. After 10 000km of now and then coming across another vehicle, the traffic was almost to much for us. You all drive like Maniacs!

After 10 055kms we arrived safely back home on Saturday night 6 September at about 9pm with lots and lots of memories.
Family_Dog
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

...And the Pictures!?! :mrgreen: :o: :twisted:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Bushwacker
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vryheid Natal
Vehicle: 2003 HILEX, 35" maxxis. 2009 Prado 120 VX

Post by Bushwacker »

Your turn :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

Post by Rampie »

Did lyk darem of ek 'n KLOMP nonsens geskryf het as jy dit so alles bymekaar plak!

Thanks Bushwacker!

As you can imagine things are very much hectic after 6 weeks away.

Chat soon!!
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

It sound lekker! :) Did someone try to steal your Lux? :evil: But is interesting to hear what you up against all the different bribes in the different countries. I hope some day this will become less of a problem that we can drive and enjoy it.

Louis
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Very nice trip you had Andre.
I added it at http://www.africatrips.co.za/andre_tanzania/ for easy reading
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Trip Reports”