Hunters Road - Botswana

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
smalles
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kerikeri New Zealand
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5D + Izuzu Bighorn

Hunters Road - Botswana

Post by smalles »

Hi Guys (and Gals)

Does anyone have any info on the Hunters Road along the Bots/Zim border. We plan to travel it in June.

We will start from Elephant Sands, overnight at Panda Rest Camp or along the route and then up to Kasane.

Thanks

Les Small
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Re: Hunters Road - Botswana

Post by Thunder02 »

smalles wrote:Hi Guys (and Gals)

Does anyone have any info on the Hunters Road along the Bots/Zim border. We plan to travel it in June.

We will start from Elephant Sands, overnight at Panda Rest Camp or along the route and then up to Kasane.

Thanks

Les Small
Hi Les, speak to Ben (owner) of Elephant Sands, he now owns the concession for the hunters road, south section, contact him via Facebook.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
smalles
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kerikeri New Zealand
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5D + Izuzu Bighorn

Post by smalles »

Thanks for the reply. I have Ben's phone number so I will give him a call. We are off on a camping trip to the South Island here in New Zealand this week. Be away for a month so will take up the information trail when I get back. We are planning a trip to Tanzania in June and the Hunters Road is part of the routing. We would welcome any tips that you have to offer.

Kind regards

Les Small
Leeuplesier

Post by Leeuplesier »

I spoke to Ben yesterday and was informed that the huntersroad south of Pandamantenga is closed until futher notice due to anti poaching activites in that area. With regards to the road from Kasane to Pandamantenga he will find out and inform me as soon as he have more information. We planned our trip for August to take the hunters road from Kasane past Pandamantenga on our way to Elephant Sands.

Return to “Trip Reports”