Jagvlakte again

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Jagvlakte again

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi All

Here are some pics from today at jagvlakte. Andrew,Barto and my self from this forum and Chris and another chap I forget his name now :oops: from 4x4 Community.

We had alot of fun :mrgreen:
Attachments
Another of the group
Another of the group
More of Andrew
More of Andrew
Andrew having fun
Andrew having fun
the group
the group
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Jagvlakte again

Post by BenHur »

Looks lekker.

I am so itching to do some proper 4x4ing. Yesterday I loaded the laaitie's little quad in the back of the Pajero and took him to a spot just outside the suburb we stay so that he could go and play there.

There is an almost dry river bed but it is black turf. For you who do not know black turf, it is gry when dry but when it is whet it into this pitch black mixture of clay and snot. It is slippery as hell, it sticks to evrything and it stains.

I drove through it going down and back up the lekker steep banks, but did not want to go into places where it is not fairly dry, because if you break the crust it is quite a gemors. The last time I was in there with the Hilux playing in the mud I got stuck good. Luckily it was also on a Saturday and we just returned from dumping garden refuge at the municipal dump site, so the garden boy was with me. He had to get out in the knee deep mud water and deflate the tyres. I eventually spun myself out at 7000RPM in low third but it took Brighton (the garden boy about 2 hours with the Karcher to get the undercarriage of the Hilux clean. After we got out he also had to sit on the bak as he was too dirty to get back into the cab again :wink:

I do not have photos or video of myself at the place, but here is a video of one of my friends staying around the corner when he was stuck there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQE1sa-OPEU
Zantus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Hilex

Post by Zantus »

Barto de Koning
2008 Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 Clubcab
4x4 Trail & Overland Guide - GP3442
http://www.4x4tec.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Mount Vernon Illinois
Vehicle: GMC Sierra SLT Z71 (Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Post by Sifu-Lux »

Hey , these people look familiar... :mrgreen:
Sifu-Lux....I will miss you
heti
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Malmesbury
Vehicle: 2003 LC 79 4500EFI

Post by heti »

Is that Jagvlakte near Kirkwood? :?:
Heti
Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Mount Vernon Illinois
Vehicle: GMC Sierra SLT Z71 (Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Post by Sifu-Lux »

Just near Uitenhage (VW side)... :mrgreen:
Sifu-Lux....I will miss you

Return to “Trip Reports”