Here are my thoughts on this matter

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Here are my thoughts on this matter

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

:lol: You guys have all got it wrong :yahoo:

I run my vehicle on The South African Rand, when I tell the attendent that I want R500.00 diesel, well he then just puts R500.00 diesel into the tank, how expensive is that really compared to a bottle of brandy or whiskey.

Over the years we have just been very lucky that we can buy cheap fuel, not that diesel is hitting the over R10.00 per litre mark, everybody is up in arms about this, in fact our fuel is still much cheaper than what other countries are paying for the fuel.

All the other mentioned fuels here yes they might work, but they come an an additional c ost as well and if they were so good, then why are not more people using that method as well?

So just dig deeper into your pockets and cough up more rands and fill your tank with fuel, it sure beats walking hey and the next time you buy a beer or packet of smokes, just think that you could rather be buying fuel for your vehicle instead.

Bingo :yahoo:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Jaco Versfeld
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Moms Taxi, 2001 Prado (The Barbie Cruiser)) Sold - Mufasa: '86 Hilux DC 4Y EFI
Club VHF Licence: X69

Re: Here are my thoughts on this matter

Post by Jaco Versfeld »

The difference is, those countries that charge so much for fuel have safe and reliable public transport, therefore, driving with your own car is a luxury, not a necessity. I wouldn't mind paying R10 - R15 per liter of petrol/diesel, provided that there were other alternatives (cheaper) to get to work and back, like the tube in England, or the train network in Germany...
SYRON CONVERSIONS

to get to work and back??? Well it also depends where you work and what type of work that you do will be a factor to consider as well.

At the end of the day most of us still need to fill the tank up with fuel and the easy way to do this is by going to the service station and not by making our own fuel which is a messy business.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Jaco Versfeld wrote:The difference is, those countries that charge so much for fuel have safe and reliable public transport, therefore, driving with your own car is a luxury, not a necessity. I wouldn't mind paying R10 - R15 per liter of petrol/diesel, provided that there were other alternatives (cheaper) to get to work and back, like the tube in England, or the train network in Germany...
My thoughts exactly. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
SYRON CONVERSIONS

But as you all are aware, we have a beautiful country that we live in but no infrastructure, that is causing all the problems and there is no way that it will ever change, because you know and I know why.....and thus we will leave that topic alone away from this topic as per rules of this web site.

simoan

Return to “Alternative Energy”