Hydrogen from water

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux

Re: Hydrogen from water

Post by King Rat »

Sorry, hydrogen hydroxide = water. :lol: Simple and straight forward. It’s 2 H atoms and one oxygen atoms and together they make a water molecule with the necessary energy involved. A compound is a mix of molecules that does not necessarily bond as molecules, like sugar or salt dissolved in water.
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm most dissapointed.

Instead on being able to complete my cell and start fitting, I had to attend to one of my Boerboels that had a litter of pups. (The avatar pic is one of mine at 6 weeks, that I've kept ... the bugger is now 12 mnths and clocks in at 67 kg ... & still growing!) I'm only a hobbyist breeder, but anyone doing this knows that they normally arrive in the early hours ... so it's an all nighter, and the whole day thereafter. Screwed my weekend totally.

So I never even got near my hydrogen cell :(
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Irishman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Saldanha
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux Double Cab

Post by Irishman »

Hi Guys, don't let the fuel price make you complacent. Keep up the good work
40 percent of seven rand is better than a kick on the bum.
Ron.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Conspiracy theory no 697.

Since the oil companies were seeing some of the guys here on the forum is making head way to get the HHO thing sorted which could harm there bottom line, they decided to drop the price in fuel as this would have less of an impact on their margin then people using 40% less fuel... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ron

Don't trust that friendly new neighbour with the gorgeous wife always smiling at you or the ice cream van that drives past your street 50times a day, Big Brother is watching :shock: :shock: :shock:

No seriously the algae prodcution for alternate fuels that my brother is now working on for his mine group is also technology that was put on the back burner by the US guys in the 80s already when oil prices become more acceptable back then.

The OPEC guys was maybe using this pricing thing as an experiment to gauge how far technology advances grew in recent years and to see how long they still have us all by the short and curly's as they new that with the increase in fuel price many technologies in the wood works would crawl out if they could get the right support.

I just luuuuv conspiracy theories... :wink:

They mos reckon that if Elvis was still alive he would have been dead by now. :shh: :shh:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

ROn.. I have all the components to make the cell but damn... every weekend there is something that has to be done. So I will probably build the cell etc at the end of the month after the company closed
To God be the glory
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

How's this for a conspiracy theory...

Elvis is running OPEC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But seriously though, I'm with Ron. This was a wakeup call. We all need to get out from the under the grips of OPEC. I wish I could find a steady supply of waste oil, then I be making my own diesel.
Bennie, is you brother working on the algea thing? that's great. I heard if you have the right strand of algea, it will produce 200 time more oil than what you get from maize. And since nobody eats algea, well no prob with food security. I wish him all the luck with that. Apparently it's not so easy... I still say we plant the Jathropa tree. Great tree for Biodiesel production.
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Ja his company gave him a million or 3 to fund his R&D for the next year or 3. They already bought a closed reactor from Holland (since water supply on the mine is scarce and polution is high) and the carbon dioxide they get from burning the carbon monoxide when burning the coal in there furnaces :wink: provides the main food source for the algae.

When I was with Pieter driving around the area in the west coast we saw all the industries around Saldanha with the distinct carbon monoxide burning flames and we realised there is lots of potential to grow algea even in open ponds as water would not be an problem and pollution I guess not either.

My brother works with a professor from the Free State University which is the boffin on algae in SA and the were looking at growing a hybrid of algae strands that could produce bio-oil sugar and protein as by product. From the bio oil obviously they could make diesel, from the sugar - ethanol and the proteins - cattle feed. But upon further investigation they have now (in the lab) found that water samples from the mine, that the oil producing strands seems to be dominant so their main output may end up to be mostly bio-oil.
dalkill
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

that still a good enough product on it's own...
Yeh, Bennie brother for president...

So Bennie, when u a major Biodiesel tycoon, will you still drive a lux?
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

No its my brother and his company, but they are not the only ones looking at this, some of the Petrochem's have also engaged in talking to the guys who plays with this. Imagine Sasol burning coal to make Petrol and the by product is bio-oil :shock: :shock:

BTW to answer your question, I am one day getting buried in a SFA.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

BenHur wrote:
BTW to answer your question, I am one day getting buried in a SFA.

Bulldog's new bulletproof home is nearing completion - apparently just in time :o: . If I manage to remove the caravan port this weekend, I will then be parking Bulldog & White Fang in the new garage this weekend. Hot Dog and Fritz will then have the original garage. Armed response alarm systems in both garages! :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Cherokee
Vehicle: 98 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 sport

Post by Cherokee »

Hi Guys,
Im a newbie here, found your forum whilst searching to see who in SA is doing the HHo thing. I dont own a Toyota, not for the lack of want but rather the lack of bucks :) one day whem im big ill be able to afford a landcruiser :)

Anyway, I have been building HHO generators for 2 years now and I have some experience in blowing things up :) All I can say is it does work, if you obey the rules. There are many factors at play, just your vehicle for a start is an anomile, each one is different, and thus needs different tweaking with the HHO. Some vehicles just make mega gains right off the bat, when others just show no, or even worse results. One thing for sure though is you have to find a happy medium between heat, amps drawn and HHO production. My latest system is 2 cells connected in series (drops the amperage, but also the hhp output). Together they pull 10amp when cold, and 12amp when been running for 3 hours. This is installed in a Jeep cherokee sport 4.0lt auto (so she is old and very thirsty). Dont expect to idle your vehicle and see a difference, it takes a few minutes for the gas to run through the system, kicking out the oxygen left in your pipes etc. I havent got mine connected to the jeeps vacuum yet, this poses too many possibilities for things to go wrong, what I have concentrated on is stability, with plenty gas output, so when chugging around town u get a benifit, and when youre on the highway...well then you really score. 1st off I noticed increase in power, quiter and smoother running, then easier starting, then of course the fuel guage needle didnt drop everytime I looked down at it :). Basically I am now getting gains of from 6km/lt (without the HHO) to a nice 12km/lt so thats 50% increase!
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Welcome Shaun and thanks for the input. You say you haven't connected yours to the vacuum, how do you get it into the engine? Where do you connect it? Do you have some photo's?
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Cool Welcome Shaun. As Cassie says some pics please. Glad to hear everybody did not stop after the fuel price went down.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Hi Shaun, wekom by die forum :thumbup:
drycell
Town: vereeniging
Vehicle: suzuki vitara 2.0 v6

Post by drycell »

Hi to all members, I`m new in this forum, I been around for long time, reading all the posts that are related to hho,I enjoy work on cells experiments etc, I`m here to try to help others to get along with this tech, I build & sold over 1600 units last year, as I sayd i`m not here to sell anything to no one, but to help.
Messing around with jars and s/steel wire is a thing of the past, (stone age) high amps, low out put, heat, that is what you get from wires and jars,move to the new tech, DRY CELL.
Same of the members alredy had seen this type of cell, dry cell easy to make and can produse 60L/H , at only 10amps, no high temperature, normal 30 deg. I will try to insert a pic, ??? I`m not very good with pc, as other member said not all the cars are the same, you will get the savings of 30 % other only 15 % is not the cars to blame, the drivers too,driving habits are important factor to save petrol/diesel, other very important point is the new models from 97 up
they cam with ECU, on bord computer, that is the number one hho enemy,the oxi. sensor has to be over ride, on certain way to achive any savings. well this is geting long, I will be around :wave: till then
happy savings
Photo-0023.jpg
Tinman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: perth
Vehicle: 1991 hilux surf with 31" kuhmo kl71's

Post by Tinman »

Sounds good any chance of a description and how to make one? :mrgreen:
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Post by Bfreesani »

Me too, mee too, wanna know more.. still messing with stainless plates and wires in jars.

My 15year old nephew has a lawnmower running HHO, but still experimenting.... Last week he filled up a coupla ballloons with HHO and ran the motor direct from the air intake with no petrol at all, I know that is not sustainable, but the point is that a 15 year old has got the savvy to make this work and is planning to lake the 6,5Kva Generator "VERY" fuel efficient for winter before escom starts the load sharing exercises.

DRYCELL, are you willing to share some pictures and ideas please.
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm also still fooling with ss wire .... would also be keen to learn more if you're willing to share your info. In any case Manny, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy the many ideas and opinions bandied about here. :thumbup:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

drycell wrote:move to the new tech, DRY CELL.
Tell us more asblf :?: :?: :mrgreen:
drycell

Post by drycell »

Hi there, thanks for the welcome to the forum, yes I will help any one that is willing to play with
hho, remember hho is a very explosive story, ask me I know, I had few blows., but that is part of the fun :lol:, any one that wants plans or any info on hho are welcome to email me to infodrycell@gmail.com or phone @ 072 292 5365, the reason for that is: a lot of peoples (non belivers) just jump on forums and try very hard to make fun of hho, for that reason they must make the petrol stations owners happy, for the rest there is hho, but is not all roses!!! a lot of problems on the way, same vehicles get good results other very good , same other nothing, but is a reason, from 97 up now all vehicles has ecu, I disagne a efie to control the oxigen sensor, work like magic.
For these peoples that want improve to the next level welcome to email or phone.
to all
happy savings
Attachments
Photo-0035.jpg
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Manny. I've sent you an e-m. Hope to hear from you soon.

Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Bfreesani »

Also sent email....

You will see this forum has been the friendliest to people talking HHO. On some other forums there have been some horrible attacks on carriers of this "news".... I say bugga them, let them pay the price at the pump and suffer in silence....

Hope to hear from you soon.
Later....
David
Hillbilly
drycell

Post by drycell »

HI there, for all member here is the dry cell
Attachments
newHfeCell2.jpg
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Bfreesani »

Manny, thanks for the info so far. It looks very good and the design is in line with some of the best producer cells I have seen the guys playing with on the net. Like I also mentioned, I was doing my own playing, but life has got the better of my time schedule and I surely be looking at a built and ready to install unit from you in the hopefully not to distance future.

My new business has 4 new staff members pitching up here every morning and they need to be kept busy :shifty: ..... I have been contemplating the results of this mod and the advantage of it on a trip to Moz when the others need to carry all the extra fuel and I don't :twisted: ...

I am just posting this and then onto the line with my electronics Fundy who can hopefully put together a system to control my diesel mix...
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Ek merk net die link, ek het lank terug hier begin lees en het die link verloor. Nou kan ek terug kom om klaar te lees as ek tyd het.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
drycell

Post by drycell »

Bfreesani wrote:Manny, thanks for the info so far. It looks very good and the design is in line with some of the best producer cells I have seen the guys playing with on the net. Like I also mentioned, I was doing my own playing, but life has got the better of my time schedule and I surely be looking at a built and ready to install unit from you in the hopefully not to distance future.

My new business has 4 new staff members pitching up here every morning and they need to be kept busy :shifty: ..... I have been contemplating the results of this mod and the advantage of it on a trip to Moz when the others need to carry all the extra fuel and I don't :twisted: ...

I am just posting this and then onto the line with my electronics Fundy who can hopefully put together a system to control my diesel mix...
Hey this is Manny again, this time with good new for all HHO that belive on it.
Saterday i did insttall one DRY CELL in to Nissan Suni, 3.0 L v6petrol, before the installation the owner only could get 5 KM / litre, I had a phone call, from him (owner) very very happy, he gets 10.5 KM ? Litter. Well that all foxs, has been prove again HHO works.
drycell

Post by drycell »

drycell wrote:
Bresani wrote:Manny, thanks for the info so far. It looks very good and the design is in line with some of the best producer cells I have seen the guys playing with on the net. Like I also mentioned, I was doing my own playing, but life has got the better of my time schedule and I surely be looking at a built and ready to install unit from you in the hopefully not to distance future.

My new business has 4 new staff members pitching up here every morning and they need to be kept busy :shifty: ..... I have been contemplating the results of this mod and the advantage of it on a trip to Move when the others need to carry all the extra fuel and I don't :twisted: ...

Hey this is Manny again, this time with good new for all HHO that believe on it.
Saturday i did install one DRY CELL in to Nissan Sunny, 3.0 L v6petrol, before the installation the owner only could get 5 KM / litre, I had a phone call, from him (owner) very very happy, he gets 10.5 KM ? Litter. Well that all foxes, has been prove again HHO works.
Here is same more good news, today I have finish my latest project,ELECTRONIC OXIGEN SENSOR,Why I did spend time if is plenty on shelf?, this one works direct with HHO, the reason why so many peoples fail to get saving results with HHO, is direct result of the OXIGEN SENSOR, so there was a problem, now is fix, this is real amaising, even de CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, stays off, no need to reset it all the time.
Happy savings
Manny
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Bfreesani »

Hey Manny

Long time no see... Business went turtle on me. so we have been in limbo and hoping for the next project to help the finances.. Still interested in your units, just can't do anything now.. Still watching this thread as I believe this is the way to go.
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Madmaxfvh
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Ford Ranger

Post by Madmaxfvh »

Hi Guys. I just whant to know what did you do to the fuel injection to make it better on fuel consumption. We are having a problem that the Hilux (2700i ) is ideling at 3000 rpm.
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: suzuki vitara

Post by blast »

Bfreesani wrote:Hey Manny

Long time no see... Business went turtle on me. so we have been in limbo and hoping for the next project to help the finances.. Still interested in your units, just can't do anything now.. Still watching this thread as I believe this is the way to go.
Hi, long time, but is the good news to all !!!, I been building lots and lots of cells, do you want build one that works? check my site, there are all instructions, with pics etc. http://www.water4petrol.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, by the way, my passat (2.2) give me 16,25 KM/litter.
I love HHO, my site still under construction, soon will be completed, any questions email to
infodrycell@gmail.com
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Madmaxfvh wrote:Hi Guys. I just whant to know what did you do to the fuel injection to make it better on fuel consumption. We are having a problem that the Hilux (2700i ) is ideling at 3000 rpm.
Hi, just try to help, do have any kind of hydrogen cell ? is petrol or diesel ? first is there any leak on it? if is not, then assuming that you got a cell, is a good news, if is a increase on your rpm, that is you got a better combustion, more rpm with the same acceleration, just have to adjust the idling to the normal. But i need more details to evaluate your case, can email me at infodrycell@gmail.com
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Irishman wrote:It looks as if I have opened a hornets nest. I have read all the arguments for and against, and I considered it worthy to try it out. I have fitted only one cell, so far, but I have enough parts to make a second one, and put two in series. The big monster trucks in the States have 16 cells in series. The argument that you are using power from the alternator dosen't wear if there is any improvement in your mileage. If you switch on your lights, or one of those radios that would blow you out of your seat you are also using petrol via the alternator. If I think there is an improvement in consumption, I'll fill up, and ask Pieter to seal the filler cap and run a test using my GPS. My oddmeter overreads by 10 per cent.
To give the impression that you are running on water is bull.You are extracting the hydrogen from the electrolyte and mixing it with petrol in the carb to run your engine. Remember a carb is a vergasser. Your engine runs on GAS
I read the thread posted by GTO (I think he works for Sasol :wink:) but The Aardvark guy sounds like a scammer himself, he pleads for donations.
Ron.
P.S. To answer George's question it is a quarter teaspoon pure baking soda in distilled water.
Hi, sorry i don`t agree with baking soda, i did use it before in big scale, first, is dirty, (mud), High amps, temperature runway, well all sorts of problems, on my dry cell (the best) i use caustic soda, more gas out put, just as example my dry cel specs: 60L/H at 10 amps, no temperature, if you feed 1L/M in to your mix, you can save up to 35%
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Mr_B wrote:My questions on this are:

1. How much hydrogen(litres) would be needed to power your average sedan, 2 litre?
2. To extract hydrogen for water, the process of electrolysis is used, is this efficient, i.e. how much current must be applied to start the reaction and would it generate enough brown gas to power an engine?

Just my 2 cents

Bretton
Hi, by my experience you need about 1L/Minute to have same savings, not to power in full the engine, what we talk about is hydrogen+ oxygen, as a full supplement.
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Tinman wrote:Sounds good any chance of a description and how to make one? :mrgreen:
Yes no problem is a site that show how to make a dry cell step by step, and is for free check http://www.water4petrol.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A new system just born!!! MICROREACTOR very simple, small, yet powerful system, that is basic maintenance free, no wires, no battery, only tap water.
http://www.microreactor.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by blast on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks for the feedback Manny
To God be the glory
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Bfreesani wrote:Also sent email....

You will see this forum has been the friendliest to people talking HHO. On some other forums there have been some horrible attacks on carriers of this "news".... I say bugga them, let them pay the price at the pump and suffer in silence....

Hope to hear from you soon.
Hey Bfreesani, long time, Hey check this new staff MICROREACTOR, you can see it at http://www.microreactor.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Hi, i have a lot of respect for HHO, i know it work, only problem is the draw from the battery, maybe in few years, new tech, this was one of a few reasons that make me look in a different direction, was not easy, my goal was: no power from battery, no wires, no mess, simple, affordable
easy to install, well i got it, Microreactor, and the best news is, after few tests, i believe that the Microreactor is invisible to all sensors on the modern vehicles, that make a microreactor a winner.
Please note i`m not here to sell anything, just to tell all members what is available to beet the fuel price, if you like take a look http://www.microreactor.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I ordered one of Manny's kits and will be publishing the results with in the next two weeks or so. I believe that Manny has got a winner here and could allow for huge savings on fuel. Watch this space
To God be the glory
Jaco Versfeld
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Moms Taxi, 2001 Prado (The Barbie Cruiser)) Sold - Mufasa: '86 Hilux DC 4Y EFI
Club VHF Licence: X69

Post by Jaco Versfeld »

Hi There,

I don't want to sound negative, but my brother (M.Sc in Chemistry) went through the process. His thoughts are that the system only generates superheated H2O, which is then injected. He says that the superheated H2O will make the petrol vapour burn slower, which might result in more kilowatts. However, no HHO or hydrogen.

Will be interested to see the actual results, and if there is no long term effect on the engine in terms of reliability (cracked or brittle cylinder heads, etc)
Gunta
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Cassie, let us know once you have had it fitted. I would like to know the long term effects on the engine. A neighbor of mine in 1992 did something similar to this on his 1.3 Corolla and it went like a 1600. He fed the pipe into his carb and it was a fine water spray. There were no reactors, just plain water.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:Cassie, let us know once you have had it fitted. I would like to know the long term effects on the engine. A neighbor of mine in 1992 did something similar to this on his 1.3 Corolla and it went like a 1600. He fed the pipe into his carb and it was a fine water spray. There were no reactors, just plain water.
I will give you guys a descent breakdown of the tests I will be doing. I will be receiving the kit today or tomorrow.

Current I'm driving like an old lady to get the best mileage out of the car to compare it to when I install the kit. The test subject is a 1600cc Toyota Tazz. It's a 2002 model with 171000km on the clock. I filled up on Sunday evening and will fill up again on Friday evening after the weeks trips to the office and back. I will the fit the kit during the weekend and fill up again on Sunday evening and again next Friday. The kilometers traveled should then be within 1km or so of the previous week and on average would have had the same traffice patterns etc.

We will have to look at ways to improve our vehicles economy. As I understand with things as they currently are with the shite in Egypt causing the crude oil price to rise and also the weakening of the Rand, we will see another petrol price increase of double what we saw this month. :wth: :wth:
To God be the glory
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

CasKru wrote:
Gunta wrote:Cassie, let us know once you have had it fitted. I would like to know the long term effects on the engine. A neighbor of mine in 1992 did something similar to this on his 1.3 Corolla and it went like a 1600. He fed the pipe into his carb and it was a fine water spray. There were no reactors, just plain water.
I will give you guys a descent breakdown of the tests I will be doing. I will be receiving the kit today or tomorrow.

Current I'm driving like an old lady to get the best mileage out of the car to compare it to when I install the kit. The test subject is a 1600cc Toyota Tazz. It's a 2002 model with 171000km on the clock. I filled up on Sunday evening and will fill up again on Friday evening after the weeks trips to the office and back. I will the fit the kit during the weekend and fill up again on Sunday evening and again next Friday. The kilometers traveled should then be within 1km or so of the previous week and on average would have had the same traffice patterns etc.

We will have to look at ways to improve our vehicles economy. As I understand with things as they currently are with the ga-ga in Egypt causing the crude oil price to rise and also the weakening of the Rand, we will see another petrol price increase of double what we saw this month. :wth: :wth:

Hi Cas, I had news from UK, that confirm that the Microreactor is invisible to all sensors, Sam did a installation on a Ford Ranger 2010, no detection by the sensors, this save lot of time and money, with additional gadgets to foul the OBC. This to me is a very good news.
Manny
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks Manny. I'm still busy with my first set of test and will inform you guys once I have confirmed my results. After the first week I definitely had an improvement in economy but found an error in my setup. I have modified this and am running some more controlled test. I can already feel a huge difference in power delivery. I should have some results by the end of the week

PS: I does look like the system is invisible to the vehicles ECU etc.

Here is a pic of my installation:
05022011340.jpg
To God be the glory
Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Cassie, can you actually feel a power increase?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Yes Mark. I hardly depress the accelerator on the highway to do 120km/h. I'm not driving the car very hard and try to keep the revs under 3800rpm. This is how I drove for the control test where I got 13.48km/l with no device installed.

The system installed makes use of the heat generated by the exhaust manifold. So when I first start to drive in the morning the car feels normal but when the engine starts to heat up I can feel a difference. Almost like driving from the Highveld to the coastal region.
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Are you going to fit it into your lux? If it really works I might try it on my 7mge.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:Are you going to fit it into your lux? If it really works I might try it on my 7mge.
For sure. I'm doing the test on the Tazz as I drive it everyday. This comming weekend I will be installing a second reactor to see what difference this makes. One of the guys in the UK also did a two reactor test on his Cruiser (of was it a Landy - can't remember now) with a 4.5L motor. According to his tests he got an increase of 41.7% :shock: :shock: :shock:

Think about that for a second. If I take the Tazz as an example. Standard it gives 13.48km/l + 41.7% = 19.1km/L. Imagine that.

So standard I would use 33.4L per week (450km) traveling to work and back. If I can get the 41.7% increase I would only use 23.6L per week. That is about 10L difference. Currently the fuel price is at R8.83 and they recon it will go up by another 50c at least at the end of the month. So I will save R93.30 per week. That's R373.2 per month and
R4851.60 per year. Not to shabby.
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

How many reactors are needed to work effecively and how much is the kit?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:How many reactors are needed to work effecively and how much is the kit?
1 should do the trick. With one you can get improvement of a bout 30 to 35%. Manny can maybe answer regarding the price
To God be the glory
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

Gunta wrote:How many reactors are needed to work effecively and how much is the kit?
Hi Gunta,as Cas say 1 should be sufficient, with 2 you can play around, regarding the price, still going for full kit R 795-00 include post, extra reactor add R 325-00 to the price.
Manny
Toyfan
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i 4x4 DC

Post by Toyfan »

Caskru, have you managed to test this system on your bakkie? I have tried a few years back to build my own and it messed up my battery. So at this point I am interested in this setup you have.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I'm first trying it out on my 1600 Tazz as I drive it every day. I've had a mixture of results but were hampered with failures in my setup. In one of the test I did I drove 38 km and then went to fill it up and at 1L the tank overflowed. I'm still in a testing phase and will let you guys know. At the moment I'm getting between 5% and 15% improvement but still need to hit that sweet spot as each system has an optimal setting that fits the engine size it's matched too.
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Can you play with the settings?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:Can you play with the settings?
Yes you can
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

So how do you know what setting to use. Do you think it works?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:So how do you know what setting to use. Do you think it works?
It works. But it is up to you to find that sweet spot.
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

I think I will wait a bit and see if you get a genuine increase and then buy one.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:I think I will wait a bit and see if you get a genuine increase and then buy one.
And it is for this reason why I'm trying to do descent tests and get repeatable results. :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

I am waiting in antsipation. :beach:
blast
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by blast »

CasKru wrote:
Gunta wrote:I think I will wait a bit and see if you get a genuine increase and then buy one.
And it is for this reason why I'm trying to do descent tests and get repeatable results. :thumbup: :thumbup:
test results for Ford Ranger independent test
This reactor was free of charge to gain more results this vehicle does 100 to 200 miles a day they tell me it has gained an extra 7 miles per gallon they are thinking of having rest of their fleet converted.

Return to “Alternative Energy”