Ferndale day trip 29/12/2010

AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Ferndale day trip 29/12/2010

Post by AM Racing »

Anybody game for a Ferndale day trip including a social braai??? Let me know.
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Ferndale day trip 29/12/2010

Post by Mud Dog »

Yes, but we're discussing having one early in the new year (Ferndale as well) .... maybe two trips is not too bad. :lol: Will have to come back to you on this one though ... have you planned / booked anything yet?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

No not booked yet will do so today. Going to make good use of the time off.....
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Give us an idea / outline of your plans so long. What are the costs these days?

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

The cost are as follows:
R180 per vehicle and R30 per adult. Children no charge.
The facilities will be available; toilets and braai areas
There is braai wood on site but have been informed it burns out quite quickly so bring brickettes if you want or a bag of thorn wood.Obviously bring meat and drinks as required.
The plan is to be there (rain or shine) 7.30am to embark on the drive at 8am.
I have not done this drive before and am looking forward to it. So come along and meet some new faces and hopefully enjoy the days outing... :yahoo:
I can be contacted on 072 611 545two
ImageImageImage
Zantus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Hilex

Post by Zantus »

Wish I was closer and I would have been there as well. Ferndale is my favourite mountainous trail in the Eastern Cape.

Make sure you guys go up and down Diff-lock Alley, it's one of the best obstacles in the Eastern Cape. My triton did it with standard suspension and 32" Muds, so you guys should have no problems. Did it before in my V8 hilux with 35" muds and that didn't even notice the obstacle :mrgreen:
Barto de Koning
2008 Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 Clubcab
4x4 Trail & Overland Guide - GP3442
http://www.4x4tec.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Barto, yes, diff lock alley is on the cards but I think it's going to weather dependant .... I would stay out of there if it's wet or raining (and so far the prediction is for rain). I would also like to try and improve the lack of low end power on this 'new' vehicle (warm cam and maybe bad jetting), as well as get the poor brakes sorted before I go. At least I would like to get it to a point where I have some more confidence in the vehicle. ;-)

AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

Thats the only problems with longer duration cams, you lose the bottom end and end up revving it to get it going. Depending on who did your set up and what cam ure using there are options. A vernier pulley helps to move the power around in the rev range and then playing with ignition timing from there will also help things. at the end of the day its about compromise with any set up away from std. So does this mean we can count you in for Wednesday???
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Doesn't look like it at the moment, but it's still a possibility and I'm afraid it will be a last minute decision at best ....

I know the Henderson / Thomas river area pretty well .... have hunted in that area for almost 30 yrs and have clambered about those mountains more than I care to remember, both on foot and in a vehicle that was not always a 4x4. It's a ruggedly beautiful area that I would love to go back to again (last time was about 2 yrs ago).

AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

Hi everybody. We will be departing from the Sasol garage at 7am tomorrow morning. In light of the weather we intending doing in the mud :yahoo:
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Dylan ... sent you a PM a short while ago .... cannot make it as explained, but enjoy it all the same! :thumbup:

AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

So much space, so little time..... :(
ImageImageImage
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

do you mean to tell me your vehicle actually got up Diff lock alley? It is really buggered up nowdays, really at the top where that huge rock sticks out on the left and it gets very narrow, I call it now days More Alley because most guys have to more it up there to get over and through the top
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “Eastern Cape”