FJ Cruiser launch

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

FJ Cruiser launch

Post by Thabogrobler »

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the launch of the FJ Cruiser, organised by the Land Cruiser Club.

Got there and had a nice lunch and chat with the guys and gal.

Then we got round to some tar(high speed) driving and after than a off road trail with 4 Grade 4 obstacles.

My impressions of the car:

Definitely is a very nice package, was really impressed by the handling dynamics although when braking hard at high speeds the tail end does feel a bit loose which was not confidence building - but I must state clearly that it was from highish speeds - 160+...++ The V6 is super smooth coupled to an even smoother 5(?) Speed auto box with selectable 4x4.

Off road the traction control made all obstacles feel like your average pavement- nothing was an effort at all!

The way our car was driven it used almost a half tank of fuel but in real life situations it would not be driven in launch like fashion?

Getting in and out of the rear was easier than I imagined but it still take some effort.

The big question: Would I buy one? Plain and simple No.

Ok, rather then not now. My current needs(young family) would be better suited to a Hilux, 70 series or Prado(perhaps a Disco 4???)

But will it still be on the short list of dream vehicles? A big definite YES!!!

Sorry no pic so I guess it didn't happen then...

For those that can access:

http://www.landcruiserclub.co.za/cms/in ... 736#674736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Modder
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: West Rand
Vehicle: 2009 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4

Re: FJ Cruiser launch

Post by Modder »

Ek hou van hom!

My swambo wil ook nou net haar merc (3 maande oud) inruil op een...
''Life is an adventure! Cheers!'' - Kingsley Holgate
Born to hunt, forced to work!
My hart is die bosveld, maar my gat is in die stad!!!

Return to “Trail Reports”