Berakah quickie

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Berakah quickie

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

I went with SWAMBO and my daughter to Berakah last Saturday(spur of the moment). The drive from Boksburg is 118km, but interestingly the Garmin said 142km before I started the trip?
I arrive early in the morning. The trail took me 3.5 hours, stopped for lunch 30min. Therefore, the map guide was correct. The trail is very challenging and really tests if you know your vehicle. The steep downhill/uphill if you back track, are very steep, but concrete and rocks are placed to give good traction. I did not have to use diff lock at all. (All though recommended by the trail reviews in magazines).
I enjoyed the trail so much that I forgot to take pics, especially Elephant hill. I only took these few.
Attachments
Image142.jpg
Image142.jpg (47.52 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
Image143.jpg
Image143.jpg (46.74 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
Image144.jpg
Image144.jpg (38.27 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: Berakah quickie

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Mooi :thumbup: :thumbup:

Arrggh John, I wish we had a "Berakah" down here :wink:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Nice place! We camped there a couple of years ago, in JULY!!! Vrek koud....
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bronkhorstspruit
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX 4x2

Post by klippe »

I have driven it twice now and it was great fun :lol: Must admit the last time we were accompanied by a Colt Rodeo, they didnt enjoy the trip as much. R5000 afterwords to fix all of the nicks and bumps :shh: :shock: ...........Will go again leading a Cruiser next time :clap:
Joshua
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brakpan
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 KZ-TE 4x4

Post by Joshua »

Very nice John.

I'd love to go there myself.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Post by Bfreesani »

We had an interclub outing in Feb with bloues and suidwes from this forum and had a great time. The frirst day we were joined by a few others which included a Fortuner. The poor gentleman found out the hard way that side step do not work well at that place. We had 3 weeks of constant rain and it even rained the first day we were there. The rain caused closure of the first tight section along the river, but the rest was very nice.

I have never needed diffloc on Berakah, but the guys that do use it say it makes some sections much easier. We camped over Friday and Saturday night, so we only did the first section on the Saturday. Rain stopped us as the second picnic spot and some guys had to go help a Pajero that fell over. Check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVLMepJF ... annel_page

Second day was seriously lekker. The second stage is a fair challange at the best of times, add 3 weeks of rain to that and it's cooool fun.

Check here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9lXEjH ... annel_page It took us more than an hour to get 4 cars 500 meters up the road. This is where the Pajero had fallen over the previous day.

Berakah is good fun and like most places gets better with a bit of rain. Only problem I have with it is that the camp site has no level ground. The rest is good fun, the ablutions are not bad and the cost is average.

Eish, hoe soek ek nou kort stok satisfaksie. Ek was lank laas uit gewees, die kar kry nou baie skade op die teer pad :twisted:
Later....
David
Hillbilly
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

I think I did not use diff lock as the diesal you just crawl along :thumbup: , no hurry pleez. Also my tyres (BFG mud, my first upgrade/mod))give me fantastic grip :D compared the old worn Firestones.
I luv my diesal dawg :P :lol:
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

sounds like you had fun John, Lekker! :D: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Berakah is a bit far, but a "quicky" on a trail is always a bargain :angel:
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

:o: :lol: :lol:
Allan I more than strongly suspect you have the same naughty streak that I was blessed / cursed with (depending on how you look at it) :twisted:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

MD, sure you only spotted this post, as 'Quickie'

and entered.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Aw gee Mark, now you caught me out on the open forum :D: .... and I was thinking that 'Berakah' was some form of exotic mid eastern eroticism .. :o: :wink:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Yeah right, but don's warry we will catch u out....just wait... :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Nou raak ek benoud! (Hope that means 'anxious') :D:

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Mud Dog wrote:Nou raak ek benoud! (Hope that means 'anxious') :D:
:thumbup:
ImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Also known as 'benoude boude' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

'benoude boude' kan ek nog miskien handle, but if it becomes 'benoude boude odour' I'm gone :wink:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Return to “Trail Reports”