Berakah 2008-04-11

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Berakah 2008-04-11

Post by BenHur »

Ons gaan more Bulldog se nuwe Cooper STTs daarso uit toets. Wie kom saam? Sal probeer om so tussen 9 en 10 uur daar te wees , as ons nou hierdie Eric uit die bed uit kan kry. Vanmore moes ek hom om 10:30 met 'n emmer water uit die bed kry. Hy wou net nie opstaan nie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Berakah 2008-04-11

Post by Family_Dog »

Guys,

Bennie posted this on a Friday evening. He would never be able to post such blatant lies on a Sunday.

Anyway, we went to Berakah, Bennie, Charmaine, Eddie & Corne (Cheetahs Supporter!!) as well as Cassie, Linda & Klein Cassette :mrgreen:

We had a great time, ran out of battery power on the Videocam & out of space in the DSC memory stick. We also met another nice bunch of North Westerners (Cheetah Supporters), including two people that I know, from Klerksdorp and Zeerust respectively.

We also came across some other Cheetah supporters attempting the Rhino in a special roller-caged LR, but he was only able to get up about three-quarters of the way. It seems Al. K. Hol might have been influencing some of their decisions.

We rescued a Ford driver who got lost and eventually returned home in the late afternoon, after once more inflating our tyres from 1.1 bar to the normal 2.1.

The Cooper STT's performed flawlessly, as did the EFI conversion on Bulldog, and impressed quite a few bystanders.

We will post some photos later on, just trying to catch up our posts first :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Eric, sounds like a lot of fun :D What size Coopers dit you fit 31'?
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Post by Bfreesani »

Can't wait for the photos :mrgreen:
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Niel,

31 x 10.5 x 15 tyres. We deflated tp 1.1 while on the trail, and it took about 10 minutes to re-inflate to 2.1 bar afterwards, using two compressors, the ARB for the one fitted for the diff-lock and also the little R500 NNB that I bought a while ago.

David,

I had every intention of doing so this morning, but can't find my camera's USB cable :( It's not the normal mini-USB one, it uses a sort of micro-USB connector on the camera. It might be at work.

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Engel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: Datsun & Nissan 4x4

Post by Engel »

Toppie,

1] thanks for the invite.......probably scared the datsun was gonna kick your ass :shock:
Ons gaan more Bulldog se nuwe Cooper STTs daarso uit toets. Wie kom saam? Sal probeer om so tussen 9 en 10 uur daar te wees , as ons nou hierdie Eric uit die bed uit kan kry. Vanmore moes ek hom om 10:30 met 'n emmer water uit die bed kry. Hy wou net nie opstaan nie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
2] thanks for sharing the pics :?
All in good time - I'm not a computer geek! :twisted:

3] glad you went the stt route....nothing better imho. 8)
Your friendly and wise words of wisdom inspired me! :P

4] thanks for being at home last week when I came to visit you! :twisted:
Dont'cha read the posts? I was at Sani Pass! Where were you? What happened to "I'll phone you in the week when I come to Civilaisation" :wink: But, sorry to have missed you :cry:

5] Glad you're at home withe the sfa traveling the 100km in 2 days :twisted: back from berakah
It went like a dream! We even had offers from strangers there to buy it, but we decided against it, it's a long walk home :shock:

From the laaitie
44 year-old laaite? Tell me another! :lol:

-F_D
For anything offroad: herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Pofadder recovery kits @ wholesale prices
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hay FD were the pics :?: glad you like the STT's me have STT's too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

I only have a couple of pics, mostly of Cassie's Hilux! Wasted too much time playing with the camera at the star, not realising my mem stick was nearly full. But I have quite a bit of video footage, so just have to learn how to edit it and save to youtube.

Here we go...

Deflating the tyres

Cassie approaching base of Mineshaft

Mine Shaft successfully completed by us both

The modified, noisy & dusty Land Rover attempting Rhino. he was not successful. Takes a highly modified LR to attempt what a standard Hilux SFA is capable of... :P

More pictures later from Bennie & Cassie.

-F_D

Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Eric you mean IFS Hilux. This Landy came no further than Wade did in his lux. Got stuck at the same place the very last hump before victory lane
HannesCreamsoda
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: Landi Series 3

Post by HannesCreamsoda »

*shaking head* Ai QP!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO HAAA for effort!

Guy in Landi.....know him very well.....he still has a lot to learn........give the guy credit...he is young, the landi is homebuild(part of the roll cage is my old roll cage) and he was with his family... :?

Still want to try Rhino challenge....

Otehrwise looked like you had a ball of a time!

And the comment about a standard Hilux.....I do not think so.....but I am always up to be proven wrong..... :twisted: :lol:
As ek nie daarheen kan ry nie, is dit nie die moeite werd om daarheen te gaan nie..............
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

We did not say the std Hilux made it up all the way but he made it to the same place this Landy did. There are a few of the members here that was there the day. Wade (iHilux on this forum) got his front wheels up this ledge but then his rear diff caught at exactly the same place the Landy did. The arrow indicate the highest point both vehicles went.
wade on rhino.jpg
landy on rhino.jpg

The only difference was that Wade did it slowly and controlled with the minimum of amount of wheel spin (this is an eco trail after all - there are places all over where the owners laid cement pieces or logs to stop erosion) but this Landy did it all guns blazing wheels spinning rocks flying etc but did not get any further in any case.

But what actually upset me was the fact that the rest of the group standing cheering from beneath was kuiering lekker on the lawaai water whilst still on the trail. After the Landy abandoned with what at that stage sounded like a busted engine, another alcohol powered standard colt tried it up there. This poor vehicle was getting stuffed big time as this guy bumped it over bumps and rocks not even halfway up. That was when we decided to leave as I did not want to witness what might have happened next. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think its time that the NOW forum gets the off-road licensing sorted now, to make the trails safer (from reckless off-roader) for us all.

BTW this is not really a Landy thing as I think our buddy Tiaan Strydom's D3 will go up Rhino easy, but what we tried to say is that in this case the heavily modified Landy did not do any better then the Std Lux. If someone like Herman (Engel on this forum) were behind the wheel of the Landy he probably would have made it as he is a real kamikaze driver.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Almost forgot here are one or two of my pics

Bulldog in its natural Habitat

Oupa Eric

When the day gets too long

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Eric, Bulldog really look great after all the work :D
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

What an awesome trail. Had heaps of fun and enjoyed everybid. I will hopefully post some pices tonight of and some video footage of the landy trying his best up Rhino. I didn't attempt it this time round as there were to much lawaai water in the vacinity and I can't afford to damage my vehicle now as I am marchalling at the Swazi Reg Raid in two weeks time. But Barakah will see me again and I most defenitely will try Rhino then!

Eric, just want to thank you again for your hospitality. We had a lekka time and realy enjoyed it. Wa very nice to meet 'the' young man in person :)
To God be the glory
HannesCreamsoda
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: Landi Series 3

Post by HannesCreamsoda »

Sorry Bennie- het gelees met sand in my oe..... :oops:
As ek nie daarheen kan ry nie, is dit nie die moeite werd om daarheen te gaan nie..............
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

HannesCreamsoda wrote:Sorry Bennie- het gelees met sand in my oe..... :oops:
Solank die sand in jou ore net gekom het van 4x4 en nie van iets anners nie :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Cassie moet ons altyd wag vir jou fotos en goet. Ek dog jy sal dit al gisteraand gelaai het :evil: :evil: :evil:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Jy sien nê, die storie staan so..... Toe ek gisteraand by die huis kom, die deur oopsluit en gou draf om die alarm te de-aktiveer toe val ek amper my gaaaat af toe ek op water gly wat in die gang lê :shock: :shock: :shock: Jip, lyk vir my die geyser (en ek praat nou van 'n geniune geyser en nie 'n ou ballie of so nie) het begin lek.

So tussen die uitpak en geyser check het ek nie by my pc uit gekom nie :(

Ek weet dit klink nou als net soos verskonings nê maar dit is als net verskinings :)
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune. Please accept my sincere condolences and sympathy. Now piepie off and go and annoy someone else :twisted: :twisted: (after posting the Berakah pics pretty please :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

You see now!? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Bennie & Cassie,

It was great having you guys here for the weekend, even though you Gautengers slept late on Sunday morning and I had to wake you all up at 9:00. After all, I was invited for breakfast and was starving..... :mrgreen: What happened about the breakfast, by the way - I never got any!! I am still starving. :twisted:

Cassie, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully, your Insurance will sort you out.

Bennie, Why did you photoshop my natural-born hair snow-white? Cassie will vouch for the fact that this young man has got the most perfect crop of brown hair that anyone has ever seen. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Bennie, the Inlaws/Outlaws that were to have visited today are only due next Monday - my Mom got her dates mixed up (again!). This after I had already ordered R170 worth of snacks form Chicken King... :shock:

-F_D

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Bennie, the Inlaws/Outlaws that were to have visited today are only due next Monday - my Mom got her dates mixed up (again!). This after I had already ordered R170 worth of snacks form Chicken King...
Eric, you must recognise your dinner, breakfast and lunch for the next few days :)
Cassie, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully, your Insurance will sort you out.
Luckily not that much damage was done. just need to replace the presure valves this weekend :shock: :shock: Hope the temporary fix holds till then
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Mmm Eric by the time you pitched we already had breakfast - left over pizza. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Oupa Eric het jy nie ook meer fotos geneem nie?
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Messed around too much in the beginning, didn't realise my mem stick was nearly full. I only took about 7 phots and then could take no more. Still had some photos there from December ;)

Have emptied the data card now. Still have to sort out some more movie clips, but that is for another time, I'm too slow with these things, being old anol, y'know...

-f_d

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Copy it to disk in raw DV format and mail it to me.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Bennie. Hulle sê goeie goed kom na die wat wag :)

Soos belowe, hier is 'n paar fotos wat ek die naweek geneem het:

Donderdagaand terwyl die vleisie op die vuur was en ons heel gesellig gesit en kuier het, het ek die foto's van bulldog en my bakkie geneem

Vrydag so bietjie rondgery en allerhande goed gedoen en selfs Klerksdorp se trail gou gedoen :shock: Die aand het Bennie gou 'n paar 'Bush-repairs' gedoen. Vir een of ander rede was die window winder gebuig en kon die venster nie op draai nie.
Die deur gestrip met binnegoed uit
Bennie hard aan die werk met 'caveman' tools tot sy beskiking:

Saterdag op die trail het ek nie baie tyd gekry vir fotos neem nie want was te besig om te bestuur. Hier is weer 'n foto van Bulldog en my bakkie terwyl ons wag vir 'n Colt om 'n obsticle (highway) te clear

Ons eie paparazzi (nee daar was geen girls of iets behalwe Bulldog buite view nie)

Fastest vinger first

Bennie, trots by die projek wat hom amper 4 maande in die moeilikheid gehad het by SWAMBO ( :twisted: )
en die trotse eienaar wat met trots na die projek staan en kyk (note, the grey hair is only an opticle illusion)

Sondag was lekker rustig. Hier sit Bennie en wonder... een hap of twee

And then the shocker :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (where's Bulldog?)

And then finaly, Bennie, Charmaine, Eddie and Cornè saying bye to Oupa Eric :twisted: :twisted: and posing for a family photo

Thanks again to Eric for your hospitallity en dankie aan Bennie, Charmaine, Eddie en Cornè. Dit was 'n baie lekker naweek en het lekker gekuier en strooi gepraat :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

BenHurBul wrote: But what actually upset me was the fact that the rest of the group standing cheering from beneath was kuiering lekker on the lawaai water whilst still on the trail. After the Landy abandoned with what at that stage sounded like a busted engine, another alcohol powered standard colt tried it up there. This poor vehicle was getting stuffed big time as this guy bumped it over bumps and rocks not even halfway up. That was when we decided to leave as I did not want to witness what might have happened next. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Here is footage of the colt trying and if you listen carefully you can hear the lawaai water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DjLgGNd8c8
To God be the glory
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Cassie,
Bennie. Hulle sê goeie goed kom na die wat wag :)
All your photos are the same.... I don't recognise anything! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-F_D

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I forgot to put in the UV filter :)
To God be the glory
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

Post by Rampie »

My hart is diep Diep seer dat ek julle gemis het en nie kon saamry by Berakah nie.
Ek sulk nou amptelik vir 2 weke!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Andre, Jy het 'n jol gemis :cry: :cry: Sou lekker gewees het as jy ons kon gejoin het. Maar dit sal nie te lank wees nie dan sal ons weer daai trail kom doen want ek moet vir Rhino try :)
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

dom vrystaater wrote:Fastest vinger first

Cassie Right back at ya

Jy moet sien wat vang my laaitie en jou dogter aan as ons nie loer nie :twisted: :twisted:

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lyk my ons sal die twee moet mooi dophou :twisted: :twisted:

Ek dink ek en Cornè moet dalk so bietjie gesels :)

Ek het natuurlik klaar my rympie uit gedink wat ek gaan sê wanneer die eerste laatie opdaag om haar op 'n date te vat :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Ja dis jammer ons het jou gemis Andre en daai banggat (vir sy vrou) Riaan ook. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Ja gelukkig het ek net twee revolvers om oor te worry jy het die hele dorp sin :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Apparently het Riaan se werkers hom die hoenders in gemaak....er.... hoenderloos probeer maak :shock: :shock: :shock: Hy het van hulle vang hoenders steel en moet hulle nou weer soos 'n valk dophou :evil: :evil:
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

BenHurBul wrote:Ja gelukkig het ek net twee revolvers om oor te worry jy het die hele dorp sin :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ek sal die outjie so in die oë staar en sê:"Ek het nie 'n probleem om terug te gaan tronk toe nie. So hou hou kop laag en hardloop in S'e!" :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

CasKru wrote:Apparently het Riaan se werkers hom die hoenders in gemaak....er.... hoenderloos probeer maak :shock: :shock: :shock: Hy het van hulle vang hoenders steel en moet hulle nou weer soos 'n valk dophou :evil: :evil:
Nee man hy was seker weer chicken gewees.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Another video Clip - first Bulldog, then Cassie, doing the Mine Shaft. (6 Mb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDcWmxOIkns

-F_D

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks for the video young man :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I need to get my self an action camera :twisted: Cause I love watching 4x4 action videos
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

It is just a pity that the camera seems to loose some perspective, it is better if you watch it in full screen but you still can not really appreciate the angles of the actual obstacle, maybe a bumper cam or something like that will work.

Cassie next time we will use some of your ducktape and secure Eric's camera to the bullbar :twisted: :twisted:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Eric

Where is the one showing bulldog climbing up the hill without me touching the accelerator. If more guys can see that it will settle the Mr Turbo, Gotech etc vs Dicktator discussion once and for all.

When Louis picked up his van last night I took him to a spot nearby to test his van's climbing abilities and he too was amazed. :wink:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

BenHurBul wrote:It is just a pity that the camera seems to loose some perspective, it is better if you watch it in full screen but you still can not really appreciate the angles of the actual obstacle, maybe a bumper cam or something like that will work.

Cassie next time we will use some of your ducktape and secure Eric's camera to the bullbar :twisted: :twisted:
Daai is juis die rede hoekom ek vir my 'n action camera will koop. Kan op die bullbar of spieeltjie vasgemaak word en kan maar nat word, skud en al daai lekker dinge. Dit sal vir impressive footage sorg :)
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Family_BullDog wrote: Bennie, Why did you photoshop my natural-born hair snow-white? Cassie will vouch for the fact that this young man has got the most perfect crop of brown hair that anyone has ever seen. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

-F_D
Eric

I came across this nice piece of statistic about age:
Birthdays are good for you!
Statistics show that the people who have the most birthdays, live the longest!
So there you have it, do not worry about your age any more it is actually an honour to be 105 years old :twisted: :twisted:
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Bennie,

It is not the age that counts, it is the experience! :P

I drove Bulldog yesterday, today and most probably tomorrow. I still have to get the exhaust sorted out, just don't get the opportunity to get away from work for a few minutes. I will be a-washing & a-polishing Bulldog this weekend, unless the reported crappy weather does actually arrive as predicted :cry:

-F_D

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I will be a-washing & a-polishing Bulldog this weekend, unless the reported crappy weather does actually arrive as predicted :cry:
Eric, Is there a flock of pigeons going to fly over?
To God be the glory
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Geez, Cassie... I wish I only had pigeons to worry about. We have a flock (more likely dozens of flocks) of Hadedahs (sp????) that fly here and bombard the place. These giant flying dinosaurs never seem to rest and the racket they make directly above my bedroom at night first of all wakes me, and then sets all the neighbourhood hounds wailing & barking for the next 30 minutes. And their droppings! I now wear a steel helmet when I venture out in my back yard.

Tammy actually caught one when she was only four months old and dragged it into the house. After throwing both her and the bird remains out, I dug a deep hole and buried it. She dug it up again and this time only brought the long beak (yuck!) inside. I shudder to think of what happened to the rest of the prehistoric vulture.

-F_D

Return to “Gauteng”