Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday

XJ Junkie
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Jeep XJ

Post by XJ Junkie »

Hello Hilux People

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, but I couldn't find a section for ACTUAL 4x4'ing.

Anyways, the annual Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday will be taking place at Ou Trek Pad on the 10th of November. So far only a few clubs appear to have signed up & I was wondering if you guys have thrown in the towel or will be entering again this year, to defend your position?
Attachments
r17brmp1iwzm9y98zbx6iccwo2bntq-org.png
apocalypse
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: Jeep, Land Rover, Ford

Re: Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday

Post by apocalypse »

Neil, it takes a LOT more than that to poke the bakkie brigade into action.

if you really work hard at it though, eventually they form a pretty reasonable lynch mob....
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

apocalypse wrote:Neil, it takes a LOT more than that to poke the bakkie brigade into action.

if you really work hard at it though, eventually they form a pretty reasonable lynch mob....
This time of the morning they are all running anti-virus programmes and browser updates.. very essential stuff to enable successful web-wheeling... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Sorry guys, I've got a date with the wife and kids that day, Tygervalley mall crawling, Toyota style(nothing too challenging, althought I hear granny is joining us this time), along with my Hilux club members! :twisted:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Drivers:
1 the BuTch3R (Shaun) :dance1:

Marshalls:
1 apocalypse (Neil) :twisted:

Back-up Drivers:
apocalypse
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by apocalypse »

A slight misunderstanding it seems...

Neil is XJ junkie, I am Apocalypse (alex)

we both drive real 4x4s and we are here to cajole you into entering a team like last year.

after all, every event needs someone to come stone last.

you guys don't need to worry about marshalls. the idea is to build a challenging obstacle reflective of the capabilities of the clubs vehicles.

so you guys should be fine with a few shopping mall car guards and a couple of trolleys placed here and there...
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Apologies for the misunderstanding. Great to hear you both have transport that should get you to the venue. :wave:

Marshalls:
1 apocalypse (Neil or Alex?)
2 XJ Junk (Alex or Neil?)

Back-up Drivers:
apocalypse
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by apocalypse »

the BuTch3R wrote:Apologies for the misunderstanding. Great to hear you both have transport that should get you to the venue. :wave:

Marshalls:

Back-up Drivers:
you are still confused... XJJ and I will be in the winning team... we have proper 4x4s - you guys are simply there to make up numbers.... and to take the last place trophy AGAIN :)

I am glad to see that you have the right idea with the competitors though - looks like everyone from the mall will be along - I assume the baker, the tobacconist, Edgars and so on will all be joining the butcher in the team ? :twisted:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

What impressed me most was that you boys(Friday Arvie) went from last(2010) to first(2011)... :clap: we were last... so hopefully we'll be first! :thumbup:

Ummmm... Alex... I don't remember seeing you there...?? :problem: :acute: :twisted:
apocalypse
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by apocalypse »

Mr_B wrote:What impressed me most was that you boys(Friday Arvie) went from last(2010) to first(2011)... :clap: we were last... so hopefully we'll be first! :thumbup:

Ummmm... Alex... I don't remember seeing you there...?? :problem: :acute: :twisted:
I was disappointed to have not been able to attend.

I had to go and witness a Toyota being thrown off a cliff.

it was still a VERY good day :lol:
SideKick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

1 the BuTch3R (Shaun)
6 SideKick (Hopefully!!! But only maybe :problem: )

Marshalls:

Back-up Drivers:
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

C'mon guys! Where is your Team? If you like, we have 2 Hilux's in our Friday Avie Club (although we don't like to talk about it) that we haven't entered in our tam. Would you like us to ask if they are interested in joining your team? Or do they have to be members here?

However, none of these 2 Hilux guys that I mentioned have put in either a Lexus V8, Ford 3.0L or a Cressida gearbox into their bakkies. Does this matter?

We seriously would like you guys there!
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

apocalypse wrote: you are still confused... XJJ and I will be in the winning team... we have proper 4x4s - you guys are simply there to make up numbers.... and to take the last place trophy AGAIN :)

I am glad to see that you have the right idea with the competitors though - looks like everyone from the mall will be along - I assume the baker, the tobacconist, Edgars and so on will all be joining the butcher in the team ? :twisted:
:laugh2: Good one Alex.

Jokes aside, those Jeeps are REALLY capable vehicles. So easy to drive anywhere in fact...so little driver skill required. :shifty:
XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

the BuTch3R wrote: Jokes aside, those Jeeps are REALLY capable vehicles. So easy to drive anywhere in fact...so little driver skill required.
Thsi is actually very true!

But we are not only entering Heeps.

Defender 90
Disco 2 V8
Wrangler TJ
SVM
Jeep XJ
Pajero 3.8
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

XJ Junkie wrote:

Defender 90
Disco 2 V8
Wrangler TJ
SVM
Jeep XJ
Pajero 3.8
Yikes! That's it....my Hilux is no match for these vehicles. I hereby wish to formally tender my resignation from this event.
(truth is, it turns out I'm due at a wedding on this day. sucks!!! :| )
SideKick
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock

Post by SideKick »

the BuTch3R wrote:
XJ Junkie wrote:

Defender 90
Disco 2 V8
Wrangler TJ
SVM
Jeep XJ
Pajero 3.8
Yikes! That's it....my Hilux is no match for these vehicles. I hereby wish to formally tender my resignation from this event.
(truth is, it turns out I'm due at a wedding on this day. sucks!!! :| )

Haha!!! That's what I said last year!!!
XJ Junkie wrote:C'mon guys! Where is your Team? If you like, we have 2 Hilux's in our Friday Avie Club (although we don't like to talk about it) that we haven't entered in our tam. Would you like us to ask if they are interested in joining your team? Or do they have to be members here?

However, none of these 2 Hilux guys that I mentioned have put in either a Lexus V8, Ford 3.0L or a Cressida gearbox into their bakkies. Does this matter?

We seriously would like you guys there!
WHAT?!?!?! I can get a V8?????????????? :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

You can only get a V8 when a taxi driver steals your current motor! :cooldude:
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Re: Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday 2012

Post by Royco »

1 the BuTch3R (Shaun) (?is the wedding still on?)
6 SideKick (Hopefully!!! But only maybe :problem: )

Marshalls:
1 Royco

Back-up Drivers:
1 Royco
Image Image Image Image
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Re: Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday 2012

Post by the BuTch3R »

Royco wrote:1 the BuTch3R (Shaun) (?is the wedding still on?)
Afraid so :thumbdown: ...still thinking of ways to sabotage :twisted:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

XJ Junkie wrote:Hello Hilux People

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, but I couldn't find a section for ACTUAL 4x4'ing.

Anyways, the annual Cape AAWDC Interclub Funday will be taking place at Ou Trek Pad on the 10th of November. So far only a few clubs appear to have signed up & I was wondering if you guys have thrown in the towel or will be entering again this year, to defend your position?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oops, sorry we did'nt get earlier notice about the event........ just checked our event calender for that date... and it appears we have a western cape GTG at Klein Tafelberg that weekend....what a pity :slap: :slap: :slap:

http://www.hiluxclub.co.za/events-calender.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

Toyota sell a Gazilion Hilux's every month. Can't you guys find 6 to enter? :crazy:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

XJ Junkie wrote:Toyota sell a Gazilion Hilux's every month. Can't you guys find 6 to enter? :crazy:
So far it does'nt seem like it....
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

XJ there are probably 8 or 9 Hiluxes capable of real trails .... but they will all be at Klein Tafelberg on that weekend ....
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

1 SideKick (Spikkels will be working so I'm busy window shopping for a co-pilot))

Marshalls:
1 Royco

Back-up Drivers:
1 Royco
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Can we move this thread to the Western Cape page?
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

SideKick wrote:1 SideKick (Spikkels will be working so I'm busy window shopping for a co-pilot))
Stephan. Try your best to get a female co-driver or at least a male who is willing to dress up as a female :lol: . Also be sure chuck 2 kids in the back seat for maximum points. I'm not even joking. This was one of our shortcomings last year. Too few SWAMBOs and kids. We should have as few single cabs (preferably none) as possible.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Correct.

IF the Hilux team do take part in this event, make SURE to read the rules and communicate it to the team ahead of time.

LAST year the rules were all about FAMILY, with an extra points section for "dressing" .....

If the Hilux team got half of these extra points they would have scored a LOT better.

NOTE: in 2011 the rules differed from 2010, and I expect subtle changes to 2012 rules as well. These rules are handed out to the team captain at a meeting a week or two before the event. STUDY this and adapt as needed to maximize points !!!
Royco

Post by Royco »

Yip.... :thumbup:
Lets see which of the Hilux manna are men enough to wear a skirt ... :shock2: :shock2:
Attachments
Who_is_this.jpg
Who_is_this.jpg (24.04 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
Image Image Image Image
Royco

Post by Royco »

Come to think of it....
Why are these guys not in the Hilux team ... :acute:
Image Image Image Image
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

the BuTch3R wrote:
SideKick wrote:1 SideKick (Spikkels will be working so I'm busy window shopping for a co-pilot))
Stephan. Try your best to get a female co-driver or at least a male who is willing to dress up as a female :lol: . Also be sure chuck 2 kids in the back seat for maximum points. I'm not even joking. This was one of our shortcomings last year. Too few SWAMBOs and kids. We should have as few single cabs (preferably none) as possible.
Does it have to be my wife and children or will any female and kids do? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

SideKick wrote:
the BuTch3R wrote:
Does it have to be my wife and children or will any female and kids do? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

take your neigbours kids along, just get the points .... :boss:
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

ChrisF wrote:take your neigbours kids along, just get the points .... :boss:
And the co-pilot? Do I take the neigbours wife too? :twisted:
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

SideKick wrote:And the co-pilot? Do I take the neigbours wife too? :twisted:
just dont get caught.. :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Come on guys! We need 5 more drivers!!!
SideKick

Post by SideKick »

Bump! Bump! Bump!

Any more drivers for this event guys?? Or am I going to have to do every obstacle 6 times???? :wth:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

boys and girls... THERE ARE ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT !!!! :shock:

....are we participating this year are WHAT :blink:
swifty
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Sutherland
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 SC

Post by swifty »

the BuTch3R wrote:....are we participating this year or WHAT :shock2:
Shaun, the urbandictionary.com describes a web-wheeler as:

"a know it all, well informed (or so they think) 4 wheeling poser that doesn't have any real world experience or factual knowledge, spends all their time interneting behind fake identities"

So looks like either you or SideKick will have to do each obsticale 6 times........ Or if you share it between the two of you, 3x each :mrgreen:
2003 HILUX 2.7i SRX S/C; Solid front axle conversion with Cruiser coil springs, 4.88:1 diff ratios, Iron Man rear suspension with extended greasable shackles, Gearmax diff lock, 150 liter feul tank, NudgeM bumper with recovery shackles, BF Goodridge Baja 33x10.5x15 tyres
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Martin, i'm in utter disbelief at the lack of response from the cape town folk. Feels like i'm in the twilight zone or something. The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that Alex and Neil have recruited our Hiluxers to drive for their club?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

I think the event organisers are a little too sticky with their plans. This is an event that the Hilux club has been part of for the last 3 years. It's an awesome event to be part of and as much fun as a weekend trippie.

I'll put myself down as a marshall...

Marshalls:

1. Bretton E

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling... and the wheels turning. You guys better check with Niel/Alex if they didn't invite another club in our place???

Mr B
Last edited by Mr_B on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Mr_B wrote: You guys better check with Niel/Alex if they didn't invite another club in our place???

Mr B
I'll be very surprised if there is still place for our club at this late stage :(
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Shaun get a team together and then approach the organisers. :)

sad reality is that the active Hilux club members are already booked for that weekend, thus it will take a serious effort to get a team of drivers and marchalls .... :(

(I have been actively involved for the last years with this event and want to take a step back and just enjoy it this time round)
Derren
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 2001 Hilux KZ-TE D/C

Post by Derren »

There is still space for two more clubs :wink2:
Toyota Hilux D/C KZ-TE 2001
TJM Bumper, TJM XGS Suspension (with Bilstein shocks), Gomad Alu-Canopy, Snorkel, Chip & Intercooler, Dual Battery
Hyundai ix35 2.0 2011

Four Wheel Drive Club - Western Cape
Hilux4x4.co.za Club
Gerrie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: 1998 Land Rover Disco 1

Post by Gerrie »

If you guys can organise me a Hilux, I will take part... but I doubt (although it is a Toyota and very capable) if my Camry will do the course... I was a Marshall last year and I admit that the Hilux-club was the only club without any female co-pilots or kids along. So we must make a plan for that this year... If we do take part... So who wants to buy a Camry and sell their Hilux - I'm not too picky... will take an SFA... :lmao: :twisted:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

ChrisF wrote:Shaun get a team together and then approach the organisers. :)
Chris, sadly I am not available on this weekend either. I too have been involved in the last two events and it was great fun (both as a marshal and as a driver).

Just disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm this year compared to that of the previous 2 years......

But perhaps, as you say, all the regulars have coincidentally been booked for this weekend :|
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Shaun the way I see it - this OPENS it for the newbies ! :)

guys and gals this is LOADS of fun !!!!!!!!

if you ever wanted to "take part" but was a bit scared, THIS is the event you were waiting for ! :)
HennieJ2
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: Hilux D/C D4D 4x4, Hilux KZ-TE D/c 4x4

Post by HennieJ2 »

Maybe somebody needs to put this into perspective: The AAWDC is not one of the hot favourites up in GTeng. There has been some negative connotations and even some scraps.

BUT:
The WC branch are a total different crowd - with very good leadership. I would like to urge each and everyone to support them (Fred Baartens, Dicker von Brandis, Morne Binedell,etc.) They really do care (and work) for their members and it would be bad if the Hilux club let them down. So please :beg: :beg: :beg: - if you guys could put together a team, please do so.

Thanx

Hennie
Hilux D/C D4D 4x4 ; Hilux 2700i S/C 4x4
Bees
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6, 4x4, D/C, A/T. En een gevaarlike petrol voet.

Post by Bees »

Royco wrote:Yip.... :thumbup:
Lets see which of the Hilux manna are men enough to wear a skirt ... :shock2: :shock2:

So by the way....Dit is ek daai met die oulike bokkie rokkie, en Christian Kuun met die doek, ek het saam met hom en die Cruiser club gery. ( Jammer manne, nie eers geweet die Hilux club sou daar wees nie.)

Ek sal dalk graag die dag 'n bietjie driving doen, dit lyk julle sukkel om drivers te kry, so ek nomineer myself as 'n driver.

Wat kos die besigheid, waar kry ons reels, ens....

Of moet ons eers genoeg drivers en marshalls kry of wat?
Die lewe is 'n lied, sing blik$em sing
Stubs
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Post by Stubs »

you can add the "flying stubster" in as driver participant,,,, not a fan of the AAWDC but ja lets show some toyota spirit....dont have a co driver or a wife or kids so cant help in that respect....LOL :taunt:

Return to “Western Cape”