St Lucia break in June

witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: D4D 4x4 Lux + D4D 4x4 Tuna

St Lucia break in June

Post by witmamba »

Guys, please give me some advice as to where to go & what to do in St Lucia. I'm planning a long weekend there in June and have never been there before. Would have liked to take the boat with but the old man is taking it to Zongoene for 2 weeks. I am not a man for fancy stuff and would like to camp in a tent but will have to compromise for my 8 month-old son, so will settle for an affordable self-catering something.
Life only starts . . . . where comfortlevels end
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: St Lucia break in June

Post by OOOOMS »

Now here is a nice place we visited last year. Just South of St Lucia

Maphelane http://www.nature-reserve.co.za/greater ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Small and pretty. There are also cottages available however we opted to camp.
DSC02042 (Small).JPG
And about 30km from Richards Bay harbour, a nice outing if the weather is miserable.
witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: D4D 4x4 Lux + D4D 4x4 Tuna

Post by witmamba »

hi oooooooms

Thanks for the info. Is a bit on the expensive side but looks amazing. I'm going to search up some more info but this place really looks awesome.

Thanx!!
Life only starts . . . . where comfortlevels end
oom dan
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: st lucia
Vehicle: hilux

Post by oom dan »

hello hans, did you go to st lucia? if so hope you enjoyed your selves and want to go back again. we live there so should you need any help phone me deane 0845558505 or rory (son) 0836427775 cheers
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Hans in 2007 we did a road trip on a motorcycle - 9 days - 5 000 km. Starting in Bellville and passing through St Lucia.

We did an un planned B&B trip. Each night as the sun started setting we would book in at the nearest B&B.

The day we pulled in at St Lucia we crossed the river and got to the T-junction - to be confronted with boards and more boards of Guest houses ! I am sure 90% of St Lucia is Guest houses ....

My pointed to a board and I followed the sign posting, 2 minutes later we were booking in at the Elephant Guest house. At 4 star it was the most expensive place we stayed in during the hole trip, but MAN it was STUNNING !

Right on the edge of this little "village", with the breakfast deck looking out on estuary. You can sit there the whole day and take hundreds of pictures of different animals.

Return to “South Africa”