Old Hilux parts

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
misterhound
Town: cullinan
Vehicle: toyota

Old Hilux parts

Post by misterhound »

Hi everyone. I would like to purchase an old SFA Hilux 2.4 petrol year models between 1995-1998. Can anyone tell me if spare parts are still readily available ? I have heard some people say that it is difficult to get parts. I just want to make sure before I invest in an older Hilux, otherwise I will have to look at a newer model ( I prefer the older ones !).

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: Old Hilux parts

Post by Niel »

If all else fails there is always the stealers. But as a last resort.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Nee wat spares will not be a problem for many years to come. You will be amazed to see that you can find OE and "Pirate"/replacement parts for these cars at many places like Midas/Autozone and other. I recently saw a complete steering column switch assembly for my 82 hilux (they are older and differ from the one you are looking at) for R 250 at a place which deals only in Toyota parts.

You can buy a brand new complete engine for about R 7000. I saw a complete gearbox with transfer case at one of these engine importers a while back for R6K.

Thanks to our buddies driving their SIYAYAs (which has a lot of common spares to our vans) the market is still quite alive for stocking spares on the "older" Hiluxes. :wink:

I see even the Nissan guys use Toy spares to improve their Nissans :twisted: :twisted:
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Agreed Bennie, Spare parts wont be a problem for a very long time to come.... :)
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”