WHICH HILUX IS THE BEST BUY ?? YOUR HELP PSE !!

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
DustyDre
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Mossel Bay
Vehicle: NONE (CRASHED)

WHICH HILUX IS THE BEST BUY ?? YOUR HELP PSE !!

Post by DustyDre »

Hi everybody ,
At last i'm in a position to replace my crashed Lux. Funds are limited to R85000 so i've been looking around and found these three vehicles. :thumbup:
What I would appreciate is your informed opinions about these 3 vehicles which regards to prices asked , value for money , viable options etc. as you guys know them better than anybody else. :boss:

http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve ... Z257148753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve ... Z256046989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Hilux Surf is a 1990 model Gen 2 with the 2.0 EFI Petrol motor in. Got mags , suspension upgrade. Done 218000 km's .

http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve ... Z255217487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanking you in advance for your time and your opinions which by now I know will be well worth it as is with everything else on this forum. :thumbup: :thumbup: :yahoo: :thumbup: :thumbup:
bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: 97 Hilux SFA ,31 BF's, Bullbar,Warn winch, Hunting frame, 2 spare wheels, Long range tank, High lift jack, Gearmax rear locker diff, Suspension unknown but very soft)

Re: WHICH HILUX IS THE BEST BUY ?? YOUR HELP PSE !!

Post by bosjakkals »

They look nice but black in the African sun Shoe!!! look at this link
http://www.automart.co.za/cars/search-r ... eyword/4x4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a few nice bakkies
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
05 - Pajero 3.2 DID SWB ( Ma se kar)
01-Prado 3.0 d (Gesien -Geniet - GEROL))
bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: 97 Hilux SFA ,31 BF's, Bullbar,Warn winch, Hunting frame, 2 spare wheels, Long range tank, High lift jack, Gearmax rear locker diff, Suspension unknown but very soft)

Post by bosjakkals »

Another briliant buy
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
DustyDre
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by DustyDre »

bosjakkals wrote:They look nice but black in the African sun Shoe!!! look at this link
http://www.automart.co.za/cars/search-r ... eyword/4x4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a few nice bakkies
Ja kan jy glo dat al 3 swart is ??? Ek dink weer net aan die krapmerke ??
bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by bosjakkals »

Dis wat my so bly maak van my bakkie se kleur Vuil Vaal parkeraad groen en lekker verdof. Ek weier om politoer naby hom te bring
CJ
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The Surf looks very nice and reasonably priced .... I think the km's should read 100,000 and not just 10,000. But it's an IFS model and components are pricey ... also don't last so good by comparison to an SFA model. Body panels if required could be problematic (grey import).

Of the three that you listed, the '97 model ( http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... Z257148753 ) is definitely the better buy by far IMO .... perhaps a tad overpriced although the condition looks good on the pics, even the interior. Maybe they'll accept 72k almost certainly 75k. This would leave you a little extra to do a suspension upgrade and later to replace the bullbar which I think spoils the appearance as well as hinders the approach angle. The nice thing is that it's all original and looks well cared for. That would be my choice. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

This one:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=16351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
DustyDre
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by DustyDre »

Mud Dog wrote:The Surf looks very nice and reasonably priced .... I think the km's should read 100,000 and not just 10,000. But it's an IFS model and components are pricey ... also don't last so good by comparison to an SFA model. Body panels if required could be problematic (grey import).

Of the three that you listed, the '97 model ( http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... Z257148753 ) is definitely the better buy by far IMO .... perhaps a tad overpriced although the condition looks good on the pics, even the interior. Maybe they'll accept 72k almost certainly 75k. This would leave you a little extra to do a suspension upgrade and later to replace the bullbar which I think spoils the appearance as well as hinders the approach angle. The nice thing is that it's all original and looks well cared for. That would be my choice. ;-)
Thanks Andy :thumbup:
DustyDre
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by DustyDre »

pietpetoors wrote:This one:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=16351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ek het ook na hom gekyk , maar gaan die km's nie vinnig 'n probleem word nie , aangesien 'n ou al op 255 000km wegspring ???
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

That van of IrishB's (Bryan & Lani) is without doubt a good guy IRO all the extras that are included in the deal. The high mileage is a draw-back, but when cared for, those motors can pull off twice that mileage with ease. One of the issues that concerns me a little is the water getting into the cab. It may be as Bryan said that it comes in at the window rubber, but if one looks at an engine bay pic you can see rust stains at the drivers side bonnet hinge. Could be that the firewall tray is rusted through a little and the water is entering the cab at that point.

That said, you could offset the cost of new tyres, rust repair and other minor issues against the benefit of the substantial extras which you could sell to recover the cost (I'm not sure if the rear seat is still available to be re-fitted). Personally I would keep most of the extras as long as they were still in good serviceable condition, but sell the drawer system since this is just permanently added weight. I prefer to make use of modular packing with ammo boxes, packing only what I need at the time for each trip with the ability to distribute the weight practically. I would also sell the RTT, also tends to be permanent weight (how many guys actually remove when not using), and you have a ground tent already. Those two items alone should bring you a fair sized 'rebate'.

M2CW ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

DustyDre wrote:maar gaan die km's nie vinnig 'n probleem word nie , aangesien 'n ou al op 255 000km wegspring ???
Net lekker ingeloop Andre... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”