Ford 3.4 V6 motor in Hilux SFA

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Schalk396
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 2000 Toyota Hilux 2.7 4x4
Club VHF Licence: scalla

Ford 3.4 V6 motor in Hilux SFA

Post by Schalk396 »

I can buy a Hilux SFA now with a 3.4 V6 Ford motor in it. Any advise? Is it a good engine :thumbup: , or should I rather stay far away? :thumbdown:
Be all you can be!
jan30
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: brackenfell
Vehicle: HILUX 2.8 D DC

Re: Ford 3.4 V6 motor in Hilux SFA

Post by jan30 »

I would say if you want to go that route i would just make sure of the cooling system since i have the V6 in my bakkie and im really strugling with getting the cooling system sorted. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I dont think its a bad convertion since the parts are cheap and it has allot of power. :silent: :silent:
I just spent the same amount to redo my motor than i spent on doing the head on my 2.8 diesel engine.
Is the price good since it is supposed to be allot cheaper because its a convertion?
IF YOU EVER FEEL TO TIRED TO CONTINUE, JUST DO IT ON YOU KNEES
Kat
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kraaifontein
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Post by Kat »

Schalk396 wrote:I can buy a Hilux SFA now with a 3.4 V6 Ford motor in it. Any advise? Is it a good engine :thumbup: , or should I rather stay far away? :thumbdown:
:thumbup: :thumbup: Bought my hilux 4 years ago with a 3l ford v6 fitted. If the motor is in good condition :thumbup: , and the cooling system is right :thumbup: you wont have problems.Had a 3 core radiator made up at WDT motors in stikland. I added an electric fan and still uses the viscous fan, no overheating problems. Good low down torque and more than enough power. Parts are lekker cheap, but those engines are getting scarce now. If you look after that engine you wont have problems :thumbup:
Schalk396
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 2000 Toyota Hilux 2.7 4x4
Club VHF Licence: scalla

Post by Schalk396 »

The price for the bakkie is R45000. It is a 1988 body though, but the body is in very good all round condition. :clap:
Be all you can be!
jan30
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: brackenfell
Vehicle: HILUX 2.8 D DC

Post by jan30 »

If the bakkie is that old i would also look at body putty. Allot of people just spoeg and plak boddy putty over rust spots and sells the vehicles. :silent:
IF YOU EVER FEEL TO TIRED TO CONTINUE, JUST DO IT ON YOU KNEES

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”