Help price my vehicle

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Somerset-West
Vehicle: 2.2P Hilux DC 4x4

Help price my vehicle

Post by Jaco »

Hi there,
I would appreciate your valued inputs in what a fair selling price would be for my bakkie. I am on the look-out to replace it with a newer model Hilux.
My bakkie:
1994 2.2 4X4 Raider D/C (white) with service history
A/C, dual battery, ruberised bin, canopy, second spare wheel with removable swing arm thing (Yokohama tyres still good for another 20 000km)

The bakkie has 240 000km on the clock, BUT I have replaced the engine with a brand new Toyota manufactured 2.2 (NOT the Chinese import). Replacement done by Barloworld Toyota with full Toyota warranty. The engin has done 30 000km and is in my mind the "selling" point of the bakkie. It is running very smooth and is more fuel efficient (7.4km/l) (Total spend on new clutch and exh. manifold >R20 000

Also replaced the exhaust manifold (branch), steering s-bend, o/h starter, alternator, new battery recently
I regurlarly "repair" any stone chips with touch-up paint - thus no rust so far.
Why do I want to sell - The bakkie is also my family vehicle and I am looking for something "softer"
Your response would be appreciated
Regards
Jaco
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Help price my vehicle

Post by CasKru »

Hi Jaco,

I believe retail value on your vehicle to be in the region of R55 000. But that is not to say that is how much you can get for it :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

CasKru wrote:Hi Jaco,

I believe retail value on your vehicle to be in the region of R55 000. But that is not to say that is how much you can get for it :mrgreen:
Jaco I reckon you can hold out for a little more than that. The right buyer will come along...
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Nahhh... don't listen to those two guys. I will give you R30,000 CASH now for your OLD bakkie.... :mrgreen: :twisted: :P

I really would, of course! But you will get people looking for a nice DC - there is someone now looking for one on this forum, can't recall who it was.

But I still think my offer is not to be sneezed at :twisted: :mrgreen:

Oh, and welcome to the Hilux forum, Jaco!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Don't listen to that old fart, Jaco! He's senile... I'll give you R31 000.00 CASH now! That's a much better reflection of what it's worth... :twisted: :mrgreen:

Anyway, I agree that the "new" engine is a good selling piont. Personally, I don't think you should settle for less than R65 000.00, but only if you are willing to wait a while. But my offer stands if you are in a real hurry... :wink:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

OK pal, here's the cold hard truth.

In the real world, the one outside of this forum (the romantic SFA place), the SFA Hilux is seen as old and outdated. Half of them cannot be financed, and the other half are owned by foolish romantics who believe that theirs are worth millions, but at the same time will refuse to part with any money to buy any other SFA.

Your single cab is probably worth (in the real hard cold world of reality) R45,000 even with all the mods done. That's if you are serious about selling. Maybe you will be able to get R50,000... Who knows, maybe one of those foolish romantics can scrape some cash together and convince themselves that its absolutely worth it, but that is unlikely to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of those foolish dudes, and for that I will get burned everytime I buy and sell one of these brilliant vehicles. If you can wait a long (looooooooooong) time, you can insist on your price...

Otherwise, accept reality and sell your bakkie for the same amount that you would want to buy it for - out in the REAL world!!!
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

SupraLuxBul wrote:
Your single cab....
Ewald, die man het n double cab. Lees weer :mrgreen:
ImageImage
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Maybe R60K then...
Engel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: Datsun & Nissan 4x4

Post by Engel »

Snaaks maar die sc is skaarser in die kaap as dc, ook soms duurder! I pel van my het nou een, 2800d 1996 ingeruil vir R30 000. Hulle sal hom vir 50k verkoop
For anything offroad: herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Pofadder recovery kits @ wholesale prices
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Lately I see there is a lot of Hilux's(SFA) on the market.Maybe the petrol price?About 2 years back they where very scares.
Like Ewald said in the real world people see that you can get a newer bakkie for what the SFA are going for.Hell you can even get a new bakkie.
You either have to part with it and loose money or keep it and modify it to suit your new needs.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Jaco »

Dankie aan almal wat reageer!
My wens is dat my volgende Hilux se eienaar net so passievol is oor sy voertuie soos ek! Ek weet ek gaan lank soek...
My 2.2 D/C is, en ek probeer hard realisties wees, werklik iets besonders. Ek sal bv. van enige onderdeel op die engin eet - geen teken van vuil, wat nog te se olie!
Die bakkie is ge-overmaintain (volgens my vrou) - as iets verkeerd klink, ruik (of proe) word dit vervang!
Die nuwe enjin trek regtig lekker - het onlangs weer 'n V8 L/Rover by Waenhuiskrans uit die sand gesleep!
Sodra ek 'n ander voertuig opspoor, sal ek 'n paar foto's pos.
Groete - Nog kommentaar asb.
JAco
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Jaco, hoekom nie maar nou al n foto of twee vir ons opsit nie :?: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Jaco »

Aan F-D,
Lyk my Klerksdorp se mense het 'n goeie humorsin!! (he-he)
Het tydens twee mty's se samesmelting in 2001 'n bouprojek bestuur in Klerksdorp - ook so by verskeie ander dorpe. Klerksdorp het egter uitgestaan. Het 'n lokale bouer (pa en seun) gebruik. Op elke fout wat ons uitgewys het, het hulle net harder gelag!
Groete
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Jaco sit daar 'n paar prenkies van jou hilux op toe man, dan kan ons mos nou mooi sien hoe over-maintain hy is... :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Evert Deyzel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 94 Hilux DC 2.2

Post by Evert Deyzel »

Hallo Jaco

Ek is ook nuut op die forum en is opsoek na n SFA Hilux.
Stel baie belang in jou bakkie.
Wat se prys het jy in gedagte?
Ek het ook vir jou n PM gestuur, as jy daarna kan kyk asb.

Dankie Evert
92 Hilux dc 2.2
MikeM suspension with 50mm lift

ImageImageImage
Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Jaco »

Ek sal ook foto's neem - Hoe post 'n mens foto's en hoe groot moet hulle wees om op die forum te laai?

Evert,
Ek sal jou bel. Ek het moontlik reggekom met 'n nuwer model - moet net vannaand eers huisgvergadering hou!

Groete
patrickr
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 1987 SC 2.2 Hilux 4x4, '86 D/C Hilux 4x4

Post by patrickr »

Hey Jaco. Interested buyer here... but you will have to wait 2 years.
Take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

SupraLuxBul wrote:OK pal, here's the cold hard truth.

In the real world, the one outside of this forum (the romantic SFA place), the SFA Hilux is seen as old and outdated. Half of them cannot be financed, and the other half are owned by foolish romantics who believe that theirs are worth millions, but at the same time will refuse to part with any money to buy any other SFA.

Your single cab is probably worth (in the real hard cold world of reality) R45,000 even with all the mods done. That's if you are serious about selling. Maybe you will be able to get R50,000... Who knows, maybe one of those foolish romantics can scrape some cash together and convince themselves that its absolutely worth it, but that is unlikely to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of those foolish dudes, and for that I will get burned everytime I buy and sell one of these brilliant vehicles. If you can wait a long (looooooooooong) time, you can insist on your price...

Otherwise, accept reality and sell your bakkie for the same amount that you would want to buy it for - out in the REAL world!!!
Bliksem, Ewald, maar jy is suur! En jy se nou die dag ek is te ernstig. Sit terug, drink 'n bier, droom van hoe die Blou Bulle hulle volgende game gaan wen (Yeah, right! :twisted: ) en kanselleer SupraLux se verkoop. Jy sal onmiddelik beter voel en dan hoef ons nie meer na jou geneul te luister nie... :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Scorpion wrote:
SupraLuxBul wrote:OK pal, here's the cold hard truth.

Bliksem, Ewald, maar jy is suur! En jy se nou die dag ek is te ernstig. Sit terug, drink 'n bier, droom van hoe die Blou Bulle hulle volgende game gaan wen (Yeah, right! :twisted: ) en kanselleer SupraLux se verkoop. Jy sal onmiddelik beter voel en dan hoef ons nie meer na jou geneul te luister nie... :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Ons praat weer as jy klaar al die mods, moeite, en geld op jou wa gedoen het, en dan eendag besluit dat jy liewer nog 'n ou merc wil koop, en dan jou ou liefling in die mark sit. Kom huil dan maar op my ou skouertjie, ek sal verstaan.

Ek probeer maar net die ou die waarheid vertel. Niemand anders gaan nie...

:roll:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

My Lux word NOOIT verkoop nie! Al laat ek hom op die plaas staan en vrot! Bly sal hy bly! :twisted: Ek voel jou pyn, Ewald, maar moet nou nie so negatief wees nie. Hoekom het jy hom in die eerste plek verkoop - jy't mos geweet jy gaan soos 'n leeu met 'n seer tand wees. :wink:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Dit is maar moeilik as mens nie die broek in die huis dra nie :twisted: :twisted:
To God be the glory
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

A SFA Hilux is Priceless in the eye of the owner it has alot more to do with the dreams and memories then Rands and cents its like your best pal :!: Stop the madness keep the van :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Cookie Monster Bull wrote:A SFA Hilux is Priceless in the eye of the owner it has alot more to do with the dreams and memories then Rands and cents its like your best pal :!: Stop the madness keep the van :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Another poor foolish romantic idiot....

Pull up a chair, and join the club!

:mrgreen:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

CasKru wrote:Dit is maar moeilik as mens nie die broek in die huis dra nie :twisted: :twisted:
Spot on Cassie...

En jou span speel K*K.. :shock:
En jy moet nou met 'n Nissan ry.. :oops:
EN jy moet jouself wysmaak jy geniet dit moerse.. :evil:
En jou vrou spandeer al die geld wat jy vir jou Supralux gekry het op 1 paar skoene.. :twisted:

Dan is dit maar moeilik om nie te lyk asof iemand 'n kaktus in jou h*l in gedruk het nie... :shock:
Thys de Jager

Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Jaco »

Blik..m!
Kan nie kla dat ek nie reguit kommentaar kry! Veral die verwysing na die kaktus in 'n ongemaklike plek ingedruk nogal geniet!!
Jaco
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Jaco »

Ek het besluit om te verkoop.
Sien sien onder second hand corner en foto link ingesluit!
Groete
Jaco

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”