WHITE TOYOTA DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Re: WHITE TOYOTA DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by zepplin »

There is an epidemic on Cape Town's roads called 'Fast Lane Fever' & is not restricted to only one make of car.

The first rule of the road in SA is 'Keep Left' - no matter what speed you're driving at.

Most drivers forget this the minute they get their license.
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
cheetah
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 1994 Hilux d/c 2.2

Post by cheetah »

I like my white Toyota, if it is dirty, you can see it from a distance.
DogBotherer
Town: PRETORIA
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux 2.5 d4d SRX 4x4

Post by DogBotherer »

Racists!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

And to see women doing make up in cars while on phones while driving is an everyday spotted thing.
This is Cape Town. Could be guys doing that... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

I would challenge the know it all cool dude author to drive around Mabopane/Soshanguve for a day...where every taxi is a Toyota, be it a Quantum, Venture, Condor, Siyaya and they're mostly white. Where stopping at stop sign is taking your life into your own hands....
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: WOLSELEY
Vehicle: '96 HILUX 2.8 HILUX DC 3i BMW 540 RANCHERO UTE 4 Li

Post by KOBUSL »

.......where a 44 Magnum is part of your make-up kit .......
Word te vinnig oud en te stadig wys.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

There is an epidemic on Cape Town's roads called 'Fast Lane Fever' & is not restricted to only one make of car.
The first rule of the road in SA is 'Keep Left' - no matter what speed you're driving at.
This is not a Cape Town thing only, I remember when we still stayed in Gauteng, if I had to go from Pretoria to Jo'burg in a hurry, the fastest way to get there on the Ben Schoeman was to switch between the middle and left lane all the time. If you try the right lane you get stuck.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

KOBUSL wrote:.......where a 44 Magnum is part of your make-up kit .......
and if you don't have one we'll give you one :laugh2:
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

I have spent many kilo's driving most of our country's road's in different vehicles.

Urban drivers are the worst there is!! Irrespective of what make it is, or even what colour it is, right hand lane syndrome is there because, " i wanna over take the truck doing 80 km/h that is still 5 km's away from me. SO now i'm sticking it this lane. People forget that they are blocking the flow of traffic and yes sometimes you do get cut off because the other driver is a jerk," but sometimes i will admit to also cutting people off because they are a serious danger to me in that particular situation that can end up in a nasty accident.

I do get really annoyed when people think its you driving slow in the right hand lane and then jump all over your bumper with lights flashing.

I think that the writer had a nasty incident with a white Toyota, but if I should start writing about the incidents with BMW, Audi, Merc, VW, Opel and some other manufacturers it will be a news paper on its own.

I think he should have rather just mentioned the wrong doing of the drivers and leave the car maker and colour out of the picture as the car is not to be blamed but rather the driver.

Also maybe the driver was driving a company car (unmarked) and owns a BMW or other car.

Cars cant drive themselves so leave the name of the car and rather print the name of the driver and his face. But then again newspapers only sell on sensation.
Johan Marais
bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: 97 Hilux SFA ,31 BF's, Bullbar,Warn winch, Hunting frame, 2 spare wheels, Long range tank, High lift jack, Gearmax rear locker diff, Suspension unknown but very soft)

Post by bosjakkals »

This weekend in Moz it was again apparent when all and everybody sticks to the flow and motion except the TAXI's from GP. They would come with their wild driving style qand endanger the locals who divert off the road to accomadate these idiots.
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
05 - Pajero 3.2 DID SWB ( Ma se kar)
01-Prado 3.0 d (Gesien -Geniet - GEROL))

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”