Globes, Bulbs and conversion.

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
petdino
Town: kempton park
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D

Globes, Bulbs and conversion.

Post by petdino »

So, I recently acquired my new Toy. 2014 3.0 D4D 4x4 DC :yahoo: . Upgrading the headlights to Night Breakers was a breeze. So next was the fog lights. This is when I started looking for replacement bulbs. So, I removed the existing one, found the PN and manufacturer (OSRAM H16, 64219 L+). Cool, I thought... Not so easy. I contacted Osram South Africa. Spoke to Gene. I was told that they do not bring these bulbs in to the country, never mind an upgraded like Night Breakers. I was told to go to the manufacturer, but Osram don't stock their own globes.
Anyone know about a replacement HID or Super white fog light bulb for this bakkie. :surrender:
Attachments
20140716_093442.jpg
20140716_093442.jpg (65.62 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
20140716_093413.jpg
20140716_093413.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
BenRich
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4 BF Goodrich KM2 MT Old Man Emu Suspension, ONCA Rocksliders, Safari Snorkel, Stofpad Bashplate's National Luna Duel Battery System, Engel Fridge

Re: Globes, Bulbs and conversion.

Post by BenRich »

Kyk na 4x4 direct se website. Hulle verkoop daai globe in LED.
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kyalami
Vehicle: Hilux 2006 3.0D4D 2x4 DC

Post by Mikie »

petdino wrote:So, I recently acquired my new Toy. 2014 3.0 D4D 4x4 DC :yahoo: . Upgrading the headlights to Night Breakers was a breeze. So next was the fog lights. This is when I started looking for replacement bulbs. So, I removed the existing one, found the PN and manufacturer (OSRAM H16, 64219 L+). Cool, I thought... Not so easy. I contacted Osram South Africa. Spoke to Gene. I was told that they do not bring these bulbs in to the country, never mind an upgraded like Night Breakers. I was told to go to the manufacturer, but Osram don't stock their own globes.
Anyone know about a replacement HID or Super white fog light bulb for this bakkie. :surrender:
My model used the H9 bulbs, I dont get why they change these things
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Mikie wrote:
petdino wrote:So, I recently acquired my new Toy. 2014 3.0 D4D 4x4 DC :yahoo: . Upgrading the headlights to Night Breakers was a breeze. So next was the fog lights. This is when I started looking for replacement bulbs. So, I removed the existing one, found the PN and manufacturer (OSRAM H16, 64219 L+). Cool, I thought... Not so easy. I contacted Osram South Africa. Spoke to Gene. I was told that they do not bring these bulbs in to the country, never mind an upgraded like Night Breakers. I was told to go to the manufacturer, but Osram don't stock their own globes.
My model used the H9 bulbs, I dont get why they change these things
It's a Toyota thing.. you wont understand.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Black Sam
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Mtunzini
Vehicle: Nissan Navara Pro 4x

Post by Black Sam »

Probeer Midas, hulle verkoop die H9, glo hulle sal die een ook kan voorsien.
"LIFE'S A JOURNEY, ENJOY THE RIDE"
"WHERE THERE'S A 4X4....... THERE'S A WAY" .
"LEXUS - THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION"
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux Raider 3.0 D-4D D/C 4X4
Club VHF Licence: X209

Post by Samurai »

Congrats on the new truck!! Have a look at the LEDs as an option for the fog lights, they give off a nice white light, that's what I did for my truck! Very happy with them!

viewtopic.php?t=35214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today shed his blood with me shall be my brother."

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”