Be on the lookout

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Be on the lookout

Post by 4x4BEES »

Hi guys, especially Brackenfell and surrounds.

Yesterday late afternoon, about 17:30, I came home from buying pizza.
I drove through Brackenfell industrial and stopped at the stop street at Kruispad coming from Gemini street.

I noticed a White Condor standing in Lelie street facing Kruispad. I drove past and went home. As I got out of my garage and opened the gate I saw the same Condor driving past and look at me. He turned around and drove slowly past and stopped a few meters past my house. I could see he was on his cellphone. I then took out my phone and he could see I was taking a foto of him. He quickly sped away and almost drove into a VW Golf.

His Reg is CA 694-264.
scumbag.jpg
Just be aware that they are looking for us
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2004 Hilux KZ-TE 4x4. Intercooler. Chip. Dyno. tuned
Club VHF Licence: X07

Re: Be on the lookout

Post by Rattlesnake »

Het jy dit by SAPS aangemeld
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

Die ou het niks gedoen nie. Ek is self n lid van SAPS en ek weet wat van daai informasie gaan word. Solank julle weet is dit amper 100% beter om te keer dat iets gebeur.

Wees net op die uitkyk vir voertuie wat julle gewaar al is dit paranoid maar ry eerder net weer om die blok as jy iets vermoed.

In my geval het die ou my nie agervolg van n plek af nie, ek het hom gesien en toe weer opgemerk toe hy by my verby ry en omdraai en stop. Aders het ek net n paar draaie gery en van hom ontslae geraak voor hy weet waar ek bly.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Kevin dink jy dit sal help om dit aan die sekuriteits maatskappye in die area te stuur ? Of self s die buurtwag WhatsUp groepe ?

self laas maand so wit Etios Sedan gehad in ons area. Toe ek die foto neem JAAG hy weg, en los sy twee maatjies in die huis oorkant die pad ....

Die gemors het ook so stadig rond gery, en eers op die derde sirkel het hulle ingebreek ....

Wees maar bedag vir die "trollers" ...
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

Die whatsapp buurtwag groep, ja.

Maar met die ander word die informasie verloor van een tot n ander en dit sal net belangrik wees vir een dag.
Dan vergeet hulle.
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: capetown
Vehicle: 97 Hilux Raider 2.4

Post by Rusti »

Why don't the police react(in some way) to these instances? One of our neighbours was being followed home and drove straight to the police station around the corner from our place.. The mini bus following him drove right past the police station and the cops didn't even want to get off their chairs... Surely the cops can pull them over for suspicious driving? There could easily be an illegal gun in the car and even known/ wanted criminals...
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

There is no law saying you may or may not drive in specific residential areas. The best we could do as cops is to pull over a vehicle we find and look for the obvious things to try and detain them. BUT, at the end the day, if don't do anything but drive behind you, they are not breaking the law and there is nothing we can do as cops.
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

Hi Kevin,

I really do take my hat off to you guys for the job you do. My uncle served as an officer for over 20 years. But after seeing lazy cops being promoted above him he finally threw in the towel and now runs his own joinery business.

In the past I have had to deal with very good officers and sometimes very bad ones. I'm afraid that these days there seem to be more bad ones. Considering you own a Hilux you are obviously one of the good ones..

I just think that if this government of ours wanted to it could far better train new officers and also change the law to give officers better opportunities to catch criminals. Along with better equipment like license plate scanners and dash cams to record when cars are pulled over etc. This could have helped catch the guys that shot the traffic officer by the airport last week. I once caught 2 guys trying to steal my golf. One got away and we took the other to court. He got off saying that he is an auto electrician and was unknowingly helping a new client steal my car and that's the guy that ran off.. In this case the cops did well and responded quickly and acted professionally but the law failed us and the prosecution was weak.. I'm afraid that the whole system needs to change.. And that's why I take my hat off to you good cops.. It can't be easy to work under these conditions..

All the best!
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

Thanks Duane.

It's not easy, never was. But I agree. It has become a lot worse and unfortunately most of the good cops are seeking employment elsewhere. It's a downward spiral from there.

I am currently not working and am in the process of being medically boarded. I do however know exactly how the system works and what one can report or not.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Duanne what describe have been tried .... hawks .....

problem with good cops is that they catch high profile persons, and their connected buddies ..... we have seen some good teams broken up when they got too effective ....

seriously frustrating for the good people in the legal system .....

my own family in this game packed and left the country .... getting the lives of your family threatened by "fellow police" aint a nice situation .....

RESPECT for the few good ones left in the system !!!
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

ChrisF wrote:Duanne what describe have been tried .... hawks .....

problem with good cops is that they catch high profile persons, and their connected buddies ..... we have seen some good teams broken up when they got too effective ....

seriously frustrating for the good people in the legal system .....

my own family in this game packed and left the country .... getting the lives of your family threatened by "fellow police" aint a nice situation .....

RESPECT for the few good ones left in the system !!!
And in my case it was not just threatened. That's why I am the way I am now.
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

These stories are making my blood boil.. This country has a ton of potential and allot of good people but it's being ruined.

Like Chris said.. Respect to the good people that are out there!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”