Advice on tyres

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Hilux.e.cape
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East London
Vehicle: 1989 Hilux dc 4x4 lexus

Advice on tyres

Post by Hilux.e.cape »

Wat dink julle manne van safari se tyres.
Dis die bulldog brand..
Image Link Broken
Image Link Broken

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Farmerbrown
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Mooi River KZN
Vehicle: 96 SFA D/C 4x4 2.4

Re: Advice on tyres

Post by Farmerbrown »

I would give them a go . For that price , Cant go wrong. If you only get 15000km out of them ..who cares , They cheap
2.4 1996 SFA D/C
2.5 2015 hardbody 4x4 S/C
2013 Everest 4x2
2.5 2012 AWD Kuga(SOLD)
yz250 2 stroke
tw 200 farm bike
Scott
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Post by Scott »

At least you wont cry if you slice a side wall and depending on use but I would give them a go.
Dirka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Doornpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Auto DC

Post by Dirka »

I think they might be remoulded tyres. I would pass.
For a grand extra / tyre I'd rather get a decent set of tekkies like the Grabbers or something similar.
I got arrested for driving naked. I guess I shouldn’t have put four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel on my bathtub.
I’m a do-it-yourself kind of lover.
” ― J. Kintz
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

JP .Years ago I fitted a set of those Safari tyres to my 2,8 d hilux 4x4 and found the tyres to be excellent on the gravell and in the bush with very good traction. The set I bought had very tough side walls and I never had any puncture issues with them. I am not sure which brand of tyre the factory had used to remould my set with.I understand they use the casings of various tyre brands to produce their Safari tyres.
The Safari tyres were NOT very good on the tar road.I found them to be very noisy and very slippery on a wet tarred surface.The tyres droned and made an unbearable sound whilst travelling long distances on the tar.

These tyres are remoulded tyres and the set I purchased had a speed restriction moulded onto the sidewall.

These tyres are value for money if used on the farm or for bundu bashing, but not on your everyday run a bout vehicle.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”