I was looking around and saw quite a few replacement bumper out there and quite like the tubular designs but there is nothing out there that is really to my taste or what i picture in my head so i thought of building one myself.
I would like to build it with a Wrap around top piece and fender rails that turns into rock sliders.
I already know the winch part of the bumper where the winch would bolt to and where it attaches to the chassis needs to be 8mm thick steel.
Then i would also like to build a load bed rack with the use of rectangular tubing and the legs would be angled to 45 degrees.
So my question would be the following;
- What type of steel tubing should be used would mild steel work.
- what thickness of steel tubing should be used for the bumper.
- what thickness of steel tubing should be used for the Fender Rail.
- what thickness of steel tubing should be used for the Rock Sliders.
- Would 3mm thick steel sheeting be adequate for angling of the rest of the middle winch part of the bumper till it connects to the Bash plate mount points.
- Would 3mm thick steel sheeting be adequate for the Bash Plate and Skid Plates.
- Would 2mm thick rectangular tubing be adequate for the legs where the rack would be connected to the load bed as i would like to load about 200 Kg of weight on top of this rack.
Your help would be much appreciated.