Pit Bulls

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Pit Bulls

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Guys

I have a mate who owns a 2x4 Isuzu DC who is looking for 15 inch Pit Bulls but has been told by the local suplier who I think also manufactures the tyres says there is a shortage is this true :?: and what sort of price is it say in JHB and CT :?: Secondly have any of you ever tryed getting steal pressed in the same pattan as the load bed :?:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Jurgen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 1998 LR D1 V8i

Re: Pit Bulls

Post by Jurgen »

Hi CM,

I fitted Pitbulls today at the Dunlop (old safari tyres) at the end of Kempston road (traffic dept road) for R450 a tyre.

Unfortunatily I dont have any contact details.

Cheers
Jurgen
1998 LR D1 V8i
1989 Toyota Hilux 2200 DC 4x4 - sold with fond memories
Zantus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Hilex

Post by Zantus »

Justin, as far as I know, Pitbulls are only made in PE and they only come in one size. The reason why there is a shortage is because the manufacturer only has one moulding machine and either this machine might be broken or the demand is too high.
Barto de Koning
2008 Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 Clubcab
4x4 Trail & Overland Guide - GP3442
http://www.4x4tec.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Contact Ralph at Supa Quick here in Queenstown 045 839 2646, he has four 2nd hand tyres that one of his customers want to sell, the one tyre has had a seperation ,thus it is no good to anybody, the other one has got some tread left and the other two are much better, not sure price but give him a ring if you are wanting some spares just in case.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Barto

Thanks I know the guy who is making them localy he used to be a customer of ours but I was not sure if he was the only one making them I think he just cant keep up with the demand. :(

Thanks Simon I will pass the number on to my friend :mrgreen:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

Sorry I'm so ignorant - but what is a Pitbull?
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jurgen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Jurgen »

Hi Harold,

A Pitbull is a remould tire with a lot of grip for the money you pay. See pic.

It comes in one size - 245/75R15

Downfalls are a lot of road noise, reduced road handling and you wont get as many km out of them as with "new" tires. Oh and they are only rated 120km/h - not a downfall for me but maybe for others :)

But for the money (R450) they provide unrivaled offroad grip.

Cheers
Jurgen
1998 LR D1 V8i
Jurgen
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Jurgen »

Sorry - forgot the pic :)
Attachments
DSC00363.JPG
1998 LR D1 V8i
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Ja it is such a pity they don't come in 31s and 33s :( :(
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

I agree Bennie I know the guy who is making them here a friend of mine with the DC Isuzu also knows him however when he phoned him to buy the tyres at a lower price as this friend of mine has done lots of expensive favours for him he told him that he cant help him with a slightly lower price because of the demand I hope this makes sence :roll:
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Just slightly off-topic, if you have a look at The Bridgestone mud terrain tyres, you will see that they also have this agressive type tread, and also in various sizes, up to 35's, I have been using 33" x 1250 x 15" muds for a few years now, yes I abuse them, I use them on rock, sand and they perform very well through mud. With these Bridgestone muds fitted I travel sometimes at 120 to 130km per hour, no problems, just awesome tyres. :D
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

I agree with the capabilities of the BFGs Simon but since I run a tight budget it would have been nice to buy "cheaper tyres" to go and trash in the veld. I am seriously considering a second set of rimms and tyres just for when we want to go and play at the quarries etc, wherethere is a lot of wheel spin etc involved. If I then stuf up a R 500 tyre it would not be as eina as stuffing up a R 1500 one :wink: I still want to go around to places like Bandag and see if they would not be willing to retreat 31's or 33's with a lekker aggressive thread.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”