Hilux 's audio system

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
itsanhthuw
Town: Hanoi
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D SR

Hilux 's audio system

Post by itsanhthuw »

So i want to play music on USB flash drive (and Micro SD card via USD adaptor) on my Hilux. Hope you guys can solve my curiosity on Hilux's audio system. I'm driving a Hilux 3.0 D4D SR, i believe the model was 2011. So my questions are: What are the limitations? Number of songs? Flash drive data capacity? Type of flash drive?
Thank you in advance
itsanhthuw
Town: Hanoi
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D SR

Re: Hilux 's audio system

Post by itsanhthuw »

Please any one help me
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Thu. I'd like to help but I don't know the player unit in your vehicle. I assume that there is a USB input and maybe you can do a few tests with different USB flash drives, each having incrementally more songs / data volume on them. Maybe start with 4GB, then 6GB, then 8GB and 10GB and see if your complete play-list is available with each

My thoughts are that the unit should be able to read them all if they were properly formatted before and that the limitations will be more in terms of data volume than number of songs.

I think the SD card / USB adaptor should work. Something else you can do is to look up the specs on the unit with Google.

Good luck. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

I tend to agree Andy. if it is in the correct format, it should not matter how many songs you have. the amount will be limited to the capacity of the stick.
ash007
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Lakeside
Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Hilux Dakar 3.0D4D D/C 4x4

Post by ash007 »

Im using a 32GB flash without any issues on a 2013 D4D.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”