Fortuner Resale Value

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota FJ Cruiser

Fortuner Resale Value

Post by Agteros »

I have posted this on the 4x4 Community Forum in the Toy Section as well.

Fortuner Resale Value

We frequently hear about the apparent good resale values on Toyotas - this "fact" sometimes being contested by some.I have just sold my 2007 Fortuner 4x4 V6 4litre (manual) for R 225 000. It is a private transaction. The selling price I got means that I got back 67% of its original purchase price of R 336 000. I think the "trade-in" value is something like R 179 000 which means I got R 46 000 above "book"(?). The best deal I could get from a (Toyota) dealer was R 195 000 for a trade-in on an FJ (which means 58% back on the original purchase price). Thought I'd share this info with you...
2020 FJ Cruiser
1986 Hilux DC 4x4. Sold to the Boss :cooldude:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Fortuner Resale Value

Post by OOOOMS »

Most 'other' vehicles on the road you loose 67% of the value when yo drive it off the showroom floor....fact Tattta is one of them :thumbup:

That's one reason why we drive TOYOTA's......
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

Daihatsu Terios is another.

With the amount of repossessed cars you can buy these days, the pre owned market has taken a dive.

I bought an off road caravan last month and the customer services department from Jurgens wanted to know if I thought my purchase was "Value for money" I said hell no, 200k for some kitchen cupboards on wheels can't be a good deal. She wasn't too impressed with me.
T
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

Yes second hand Toyota's are in demand, and not even necessarily to trade in. I sold both my hilux's out of hand above the book value within two weeks after starting to look for a buyer.

Before this new hiluxes came out I drove Isuzu's. Was in demand but only at book values, won't get better and it took some time to sell. And when GM took over it took me more then a year to sell the last one. Eventually trade in for a hilux far below the value, just to get rid of it.

I did bought Toyotas previously but land cruisers The local Toyota dealer reckons he was never had the opportunity to trade in a land cruiser, the guys sell it out of hand before buying a new one.

As mark said,
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Johan Kriel wrote:Yes second hand Toyota's are in demand, and not even necessarily to trade in. I sold both my hilux's out of hand above the book value within two weeks after starting to look for a buyer.

Before this new hiluxes came out I drove Isuzu's. Was in demand but only at book values, won't get better and it took some time to sell. And when GM took over it took me more then a year to sell the last one. Eventually trade in for a hilux far below the value, just to get rid of it.

I did bought Toyotas previously but land cruisers The local Toyota dealer reckons he was never had the opportunity to trade in a land cruiser, the guys sell it out of hand before buying a new one.

As mark said,
Actually Johan, that's only one....but there are many more, I am sure you know that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

:D:
Johan Kriel

Legend 50

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”