Taking 4Y Efi to newer Injectors

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

So in the time I got I always had the newer type of Gwm 2.2 Mpi Injectors and fuel rail.

As the imports of the Older 3Y/4Y Efi engines got to a minimal with the intake manifolds especially the injectors and fuel Regulators parts I decided to "UPGRADE" mine.

Another option will be to change the injectors to a Ford 1.6i , these injectors will work but Damn Ford injectors are scarce and pricing not nice. Then the Regulator, this is almost not possible to get or cross fit from another engine. (Yes you get the set able Fuel regulators but I choose to keep the Engine bay not cramped up)

Today was to take off the old rail, retrofit the Gwm rail and injectors. Took up to about 4:45pm from this morning to change it. Well it works out fine with minimum mods to the new rail. The lower intake manifold stay the same. I just made clamps to bolt down the new rail.

Top Picture will be the before or old rail with injectors, Bottom picture the new rail and injectors(Denso) already bolted down.

Tomorrow just the change the injector plugs and then to assemble the rest and see if it works.
Attachments
before.jpg
after.jpg
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Interesting, Louis. I had a fuel leakage from one of my injectors which concerned me because the chances of obtaining a new injector are pretty scarce. Luckily, in my case we just changed a rubber ring on the injector and all is good again.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Ek hou die een dop. Baie angstig om te hoor wat die fimale resultaat is. :subscribed:
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

So the new Plugs for the injectors is done. I for now had to make due what I got and made the fuel piping longer.

Then assembled everything. :think: Wanted to start but then nothing. :lmao: :slap: Battery not up to the starting part. For now it is wait till its charged then I turn that ignition again :siffler:

The new Fuel Regulator will be easier to change too. :thumbup:
Attachments
Rail on.jpg
top manifold on.jpg
vacuum piping.jpg
vacuum pipng 1.jpg
fuel regulator.jpg
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121

Louis ,
It will start the 1ste turn of the engine when the battery is fully charged.

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Hi

Alles in orde. Eerste draai toe start die Hilux Dawie. Ek net die Ecu se idling gestel, bietjie vinnig ge idle in die begin. Sal maar as ek weer oormore gaan melk koop met hom ry.
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

:thumbup:

nols27
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Thabazimbi
Vehicle: 2000 HILUX 2.7 4X4 SC

Hi Louis hoe loop jou hilux met die nuwe injectors ?
Is hy ligter op petrol ?

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”