Anyone fitted 31' Maxxis Bighorns to IFS?

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
Jackal
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: CTN
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i D/C 4x4 2002

Anyone fitted 31' Maxxis Bighorns to IFS?

Post by Jackal »

Hey guys,

I'm going to be fitting a set of muds soon (2002 2700 Hilux DC 4x4) and am thinking of going for a set of 31' Maxxis Bighorns. Has anyone fitted these to a IFS yet? Do they fit? Any other comments on size (I was also considering going for 30's) or brand (BFG KM2's are also on the shopping list but just so expensive) welcome.

Thanks!
Toyota Hilux 2700i DC 4x4 2002
KTM 300 XC-W 2008
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Re: Anyone fitted 31' Maxxis Bighorns to IFS?

Post by Hilux 1 »

31" fits nicely. I heard the km's on Maxxi's aint that good. my 2c worth
Mountain Man
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 Series 4.5 EFi

Post by Mountain Man »

Hilux 1 wrote:31" fits nicely. I heard the km's on Maxxi's aint that good. my 2c worth
I fitted the Maxxis Big Horn to my SFA, they were brilliant in the mud and snow, wet tar and the like. However as with anything there is always compromise, you cannot have a tyre that is brilliant in traction and mileage. Anyone that watches F1 will be able to understan that. So I was happy with the prospect of getting 60,000Km from the set, which would have taken me about 4 years to do. Remember that a tyre should not be used longer then 4-5 years no matter what tread is left because the casings perish and can fail. So work out what milage you do over about a 4 year period and then fit a tyre suitabe to that. It is pointless fitting a tyre that can do 120,000Km and be sliding all over a wet road risking your life foe a couple of thousand Km. Pay the price and get a tyre that will do its job and that is give you traction.
Just because it says "4WD" doesn't make it an off-road vehicle.
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

I had 33" Bighorns with 7J rims on my 2002 IFS, then I upgraded to 33" KL71's on 10J's.

Can be done with the appropriate mods, but it never ends, big wheels means more stress on diffs and side shafts.
Not that I mind upgrading those as well but it becomes expensive and spacial part are only available by importation.

Money money money.........Good luck :thumbup:
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”