EFS

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

EFS

Post by Hilux 1 »

Weet iemand enige iets van EFS suspension af en is dit hier in die Kaap beskikbaar
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: EFS

Post by OOOOMS »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19677&hilit=efs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=14740&hilit=ifs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Post by Dingo »

Hi Tertius

I have just fitted EFS to my SFA, nice suspension and so far happy, although I haven't done any real off road / gravel driving as of yet. The ride on gravel is excellent and I felt a lot more comfortable than what I had in.

I had tremendous body roll and the vehicle was unstable on the road and EFS has definately sorted this out.

I did have a small fitment issue, but CJ from EFS sorted that out without any questions/ queries.

I have further discussed the suspension with CJ as I feel that the front suspension is a little hard ( heavy duty springs are in ) and he is more than happy to remove a leaf for me to try and if not happy he'll fit the leaf back.

I've had so far excellent service from EFS and am happy thus far with the suspension. the warranty is also the better warranty due than most other products. Hopefully will test the 4x4 capability of the suspension this weekend or next.

Maybe give CJ a call and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction as to who thier suppliers are down there - 011 397-6553.
RooiLux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria-Mayville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2-EFI Hilux 4x4 with Maus conversion,freeflow,Rear Electric Locker'2005 BMW 320i, 2015 Hilux 3d4d dc 4x4

Post by RooiLux »

Dingo wrote:Hi Tertius

I have just fitted EFS to my SFA, nice suspension and so far happy, although I haven't done any real off road / gravel driving as of yet. The ride on gravel is excellent and I felt a lot more comfortable than what I had in.

I had tremendous body roll and the vehicle was unstable on the road and EFS has definately sorted this out.

I did have a small fitment issue, but CJ from EFS sorted that out without any questions/ queries.

I have further discussed the suspension with CJ as I feel that the front suspension is a little hard ( heavy duty springs are in ) and he is more than happy to remove a leaf for me to try and if not happy he'll fit the leaf back.

I've had so far excellent service from EFS and am happy thus far with the suspension. the warranty is also the better warranty due than most other products. Hopefully will test the 4x4 capability of the suspension this weekend or next.

Maybe give CJ a call and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction as to who thier suppliers are down there - 011 397-6553.
As ek mag vra wat het jy vir die suspensie betaal?En is dit 'n full suspension upgrade?
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Post by Dingo »

Hi Marius

I did a full suspension, leaf springs, shocks, shackles bushes, etc. i also added a extra load leaf to the rear for when fully loaded for camping.

when the shocks were replaced some time back ( before I bought the bakkie) the shock mounting brackets on the front diff were butchered cos the shocks didn't fit, so I had to have new ones made up and welded on.

All in all I paid just over R16k
witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: D4D 4x4 Lux + D4D 4x4 Tuna

Post by witmamba »

Some interesting info on a mail I received the other day.....

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know regarding the origin of EFS suspension:

• Shocks are made in Brazil
• Coils are from Australia
• Leaf springs are from Malaysia.

Please don’t be fooled, there is STILL ONLY 1 SUSPENSION – OME!

Guys, I know there’s been negative feedback regarding OME and I still believe 90% is due to incorrect fitment or incorrect application.
If the customer’s vehicle is carrying no extra weight in front and rear, the worst thing you can do is apply heavy duty shocks & coils / leaf springs
as a desperate effort to supply an OME suspension when light / medium duty is not immediately available. If you’re ever in doubt as to whether you are offering the correct
OME application, please contact us at Head Office and we will guide you in the right direction.

OME is the best in the world and the Megaworld family is fortunate enough to be the importers and suppliers into Africa.
Our growth is largely owed to our dedicated staff who strive for excellence and excellent products!
You need to recognise this advantage we have over any other suspension distributor who have for decades tried to come up with a similar product and to this day, have not even come close.
They will use unethical methods to try and penetrate the industry. We only have to be patient and welcome the customer into our workshop to remove and install the best we have to offer!

Take this confidence into your shop knowing you can make a difference to your customer’s pride and joy!

Regards,
Life only starts . . . . where comfortlevels end
Mikem1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.0 D-tec

Post by Mikem1 »

Hi Hans.
Well with all that input I'm intrigued.Personally have not actually used it yet but back to your claim ome made where?
Have you pysically tested your own product on a load tester or shock tester?Don't believe all you read you might be suprised!
The proof is in the pudding and its not only about who can spend the most!

Regards
Mikem Suspensions.
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Ek dink hier kom 'n bar fight... Dis soos kompetiese in die bande bedryf, Maxxis, BF's, Good Year Wrangler etc. Daar is nie meer daai ding van die een is beter as ander nie. Solank jy nie 'n geretentionde spring of 'n stik staal as 'n bladveer gebruik nie, so is TJM, OME, Mikem maar almal dieselfde... Koop natuurlik wat jou sak pas....

Ek moet se, as 'n buite staander sal ek beslis die ouens van Mikem 'n kans gee.... After sales service klink nie sleg nie. En dis van manne wat saam my werk wat die produk self by hulle gekoop het.
Sent from my iPhone
Mikem1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.0 D-tec

Post by Mikem1 »

Thomas.
No need to fight but if you so quick to down other products
By proclaiming you have the solution to all and still acknowledge you
have got some issues with your own product its very suprising to state that.
That tells me that the statement made was purely too boost its own ego.
Rather give facts what you believe in not snippets of what you heard about the rest!
Where is toyota built?malaysia?

Regards
Darrell
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Ek stem 100% saam. Ek dink nie dis nodig dat ouens moet bakly nie. Die feit is, AL daai produkte is goed.
Sent from my iPhone
witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by witmamba »

Hi Guys!
Thomas, nothing bad intended, just sharing what info I have - besides my good experiences with OME! Darrell, Mikem suspensions has the only positive feedback besides OME in my experience. I'm not knocking any other brands off here, just sharing my opinion (what the forum is all about?). Especially with Hiluxes, Mikem have proved itself well. I would even want to see them promoted better in S.A. as it is a good value for money suspension with flexibility to cater for different aplications i.o.w. its not just a suspension, it is specially designed for each individual model vehicle, as is the case with OME. Unfortunately i'm limited to selling only OME otherwise I would have promoted Mikem to a great extent. Now, I believe I have enough experience to part-take in this discussion as I deal with suspensions every single day of my working life. A while ago, (my ad on this forum), I had a customer who said the worst things about his brand-new EFS suspension. We made a deal, I said that I'll sell his EFS if he settles for the OME. I sold it to someone who brought it back to me that same week - very disgusted. He got his money back after he showed me the test from a AA aproved Dekra testing centre - no two shocks tested the same after only 3000kms!
My 2c worth.
Cheers!
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Ok, all brands have their pro and cons. Some good other not so good. I always say any after suspension is better than std.

But, as far as I know Ome really go into the research for their suspension, before every model per manufacturer get launched they buy a vehicle about six to 8 months before the launch.

The inspect the std suspensions, strip and test the components. The re-assemble it.

They probe that vehicle that only the driver and the analyse equipment fit in it, they start driving in any conditions that they can find, on - offroad.

Then they use the readings to design the suspensions on the data they collected. Then they make prototype suspension and the probe the vehicle again driving with different loads. Analyze the data again and then do modifications to it to better it.

They then contact the manufacturer of that vehicle and get min and max specs that the drivetrain can operate in.

Then they develope the different grades of the light, medium and heavy duty suspensions.

Usually the Ome are ready when a Manufacturer launch their vehicle, sometimes it will be available about 3-6 months after it get launched.

How is that for testing?

Look at the test on the Nitrocharger sport: http://store.geo4wdparts.com/uploads/PD ... mall-2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Also remember 1 thing, I took TJM, Ome, Bilstein And Iron shocks once to a testing centre to test if they still fine. Verdict, all tested faulty( They were all new)....
witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by witmamba »

Yes, I believe the main deciding factor in choosing a suspension will always be the budget, but I also believe in OME as the best suspension currently available.
Gunta
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

I have had my OME in since 2004 and have done a tad over 200 000km on them and they are still performing like they were when I installed them. My mate put in the XGS shocks and springs and after 4 years and 80 000km the car is all over the road when he drives on a corrugated sand road. I have driven a few vehicles with different suspensions and none of them perform like the OME. I have to say I have not driven in a vehicle with the Mikem suspension but I have been in the others. OME is made to be comfortable and have the flex and stability traversing rough terain. Its like comparing a Tata to a Toyota there is simply no comparison in my opinion.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.

Return to “General Mods”