Gen1 Chevy 350ci V8 Rebuild

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Gen1 Chevy 350ci V8 Rebuild

Post by ThysdJ »

I guess I can let the cat out of the bag now that the ball is rolling.... :twisted: :twisted:

Ever since I was just a young laaitie it has always been a dream to build my own Chevy 350 V8 motor. It never really mattered which car it was going into, just having one would be enough. The sound and beat of a Chevy 350 V8 connects with me on some primal level and really has an indescribably profound effect on my psyche. At idle, it has a calming, soothing sound and the beat is realy relaxing, but as the rev's pick up it is like a torrent of adrenalin is rushing through my veins. There can be only one, no other V8 sounds like it, no other V8 has the same effect on me. This motor did duty in some legendary classics such as the Corvette Stingray and Camaro, two of the best looking and best performing muscle cars of their time. This is the stuff that dreams are made of. Even today it is still being used in many vehicles albeit in a modernised form. Because the 350 was so popular in the USA, "performance enhancing parts" are available off the shelf and are mostly bolt-on. This is also true for spare parts and even in SA terms they are dirt cheap when compared to the same stuff for some other engines.

One fine day about 6 months ago, I was spending some time with Allan at AEW and along came Leon Rooibakkie with his Chevy V8 Hilux and caught me unawares. They made me listen to it, and revved it just a little, and then switched it off. These guys were cruel, they knew exactly what they were doing, they fuelled my hunger and my addiction became an obsession. I started having dreams at night and they werent nightmares, they were sweet.

Shortly after that, Wynand, the owner of a local engineering firm with a passion for American muscle, arrived on the scene with his Chevy V8 Hilux, also revving it up a bit and adding fuel to the fire burning in my belly. Difference is, this guy came bearing gifts in the form of a recently overhauled Turbo400 Automatic gearbox mated to a Hilux 4x4 transfer case. Got me thinking this one did, and before long the 'box was mine. Safely stashed away in the bowels of the parts-bin at AEW until "one day when we get round to it".

Suddenly an urge took hold and the search was on for a LS1 motor. LS1 for several reasons, one of which is EFI. I was not going to settle for a 4 barrel Holley, as I know too many people had too many problems with Holleys and fuel starvation on steep inclines and angles, and they are horribly inefficient. Problem is that second hand LS1 motors are not that freely available on the open market in South Africa, and the guys who have them want exorbitant amounts of money to part with them. This is where the whole V8 dream sort of faded for a while. Not for long, mind, just a while. Surfing the internet kept me going for a while until one day when Allan sent me a link to the Edelbrock website. The clever dudes in white coats at Edelbrock developed an EFI intake manifold that bolts straight onto the old Gen I cast-iron small block Chevy 350 V8. A quick phone call or 2 to the right people and new doors opened up for me and the 350 V8. No need to go LS1, the older cast iron block V8 will do and it is much more readily available. The dreams came back. At about the same time an Oom with a Jeep Waggoneer built on a Land Cruiser chassis with a Chevy 327 V8 entertained us at Dirt & Dust. It was heavy seriously impressive.

Along came the silly season and everybody wanted to go on holiday. Back popped Wynand of the gearbox on the scene. He knew I had an itch that needed scratching and he had just the right thing for me to scratch it with. He knew somebody who needed some money to go on holiday, (the recession is a female dog), and who had something to trade, so one hand could wash the other. That something to trade turned out to be 1 x small block Chevy 350 V8 complete with steel small journal racing crank. There is minor cleaning up work to be done to the block, but I decided it was going to be stripped down and rebuild completely anyway, so that didnt matter really. Off to the engineering shop with the motor, they miked everything up and came back with a "BUY" recommendation. Christmas was early in 2009, I had my V8, and we stashed it together with the gearbox safely in a corner of the AEW workshop until the new year. I could not sleep at night, the dream is alive.

The first 2 weeks of 2010 dragged by slowly and all I could think of was the V8. This in a time when Ewald (V8 Interceptor) was showing off his 302 Ford V8 Interceptor and Henry (Animul) wanted to sell his Big Daddy with the supercharged Lexus V8. And then there was Jurgen (JVT172) with his EFI LS1 Chevy 350 V8. Jealousy ran hot in my veins, but then I also knew what I had and I have learnt a long time ago that patience is a virtue and that all good things come to those who wait. Besides, these guys were all way up North, so no chance of them popping by to stir up the emotions.

Along came the last week in January 2010. I sat Allan down for a serious chat and asked him to get some quotes and to get the block to the engineering shop to do the required machining and bore and polish the cylinders. The crank was already cleaned up and is ready for action and good for 8500 revs. Allan got his "war-chest" on Thursday last week so for the next week or so he will be chasing down spares and odds and sods so that we can start the rebuild process in all earnest. I aim to build the motor myself, with Allan guiding and advising me along the way.

I would like to end up with a completely overhauled, balanced, fuel injected, Chevy 350 V8 motor built and tuned specifically for maximum torque (and some sort of Fuel Management System of unknown origin, but so, Mr T(urbo) let's get one thing straight, I will not be Dicktat(or)ed to about what I can or cannot use, I dont give a Spit(tronics) so Go-Tec(kle) somebody else about that). Roddy will have to build one of his legendary custom cross-over V8 Lumina exhausts to let the gasses out the back, and to make sure nothing spoils the heavenly music of the V8 beat.

I dont have any output figures in mind at the moment, but I am sure the force is going to be strong in this one. We will take LOTS of pictures as we go along, plus I want to keep a detailed record of every cent I spend on the build, right from start to finish. Will it go into Kaspaas? This will be determined closer to the time of completion, which is only supposed to be in Q2 of 2010, but we all know how these things pan out, once you get going you cant stop. Chances are very good that this motor will end up in Kaspaas. Before that can happen there are also some other drive-train mods that will be required to handle the torque that the V8 will produce. But whether it goes into Kaspaas or not, this motor wont be sold, it will find a home in some sort of hot-rod, come what may......
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
DOELLOOS

Re: Gen1 Chevy 350ci V8 Rebuild

Post by DOELLOOS »

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

SY distributor sit aan die regte kant... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Jy moet passop, daai distributor sit nounou dalk daar waar die son nooit skyn nie...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

DOELLOOS wrote:Jy moet passop, daai distributor sit nounou dalk daar waar die son nooit skyn nie...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In die woorde van Oom Tolla vd Merwe: "Hy kannie daar sit klaar 'n R75 se komkommer".... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

PIPE CAR! :D: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Nee, hy gaan daai motor en gearbox verkoop...die distributor pas nie daar waar hy moet sit nie...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Mud Dog wrote:PIPE CAR! :D: :wink:

As long as the pipe car looks like THIS it is an option... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or even like this!!
Thys de Jager

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

'n Mens moet drome he...

:mrgreen:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Hey, Doelloos. Daai avatar van jou - gooi jy duim omdat jy karloos is...? :twisted:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Nee man, eks gebreklik, dis hoe my middelvinger lyk...

Wild Style
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kuilsriver - CT
Vehicle: Hilux 2200 SFA 4x4

Post by Wild Style »

Hi Thys,
very exciting project. I'll be following the progress closely. Send enough pictures.
Good luck!
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4

Post by jvt172 »

LEKKEiRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
SANY0019.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
SANY0018.JPG
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Kom hulle in wit?

:thumbup:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Jurgen, jy like stir ne?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I will take lots of pics and share the experience... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4

Post by jvt172 »

??? :P :wave:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

DOELLOOS wrote:Kom hulle in wit?

:thumbup:
Maak hom wit..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thys de Jager

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Ai Thys,

Daai Corvette roer my hart snare - en ek is nie baie mal oor plat karre nie!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

That 'Vette is stunning ..... and that old shape will forever remain an all-time classic!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Vrooommm...

Vrooommm...

Vrooommm...

Vrooommm...

Vrooommm...

Vrooommm...

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Kaspaas wrote:SY distributor sit aan die regte kant... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys

Mooi man nou praat jy die regte taal maar met so gaan groot of gaan huistoe attitude kan jy regtig nie settle op 'n distributor in enige kant nie, mo..gooi die distributor weg en gaan wasted spark ou boet :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gaan loer hierso

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Cra ... r_Kit.aspx

hiers een op Ebay maar ek is seker jou local MSD agent sal een kan order

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-32 ... 0001r26098

Kom Hoppy draai sy arm :twisted: :twisted:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

The problem with those old muscle cars is you realy want one untill you've driven and owned one, they corner worse than an '80 hilux 4x4 with town & country's and is even more unstable at speed, the hilux should even outbrake most of them, just like harley's, all about pose, chrome and noise.
Don't be fooled by these coustom programs ot the tele, they are not quick and easy, but very expensive and time consuming to upgrade.
My dad and i owned, restored and modified many classics over the years and he still does, i think it's all the parked car shows i grew up with that got to me, i'll rather build, use and abuse them, so i moved on, maybe if i'm older i will start restoring again.
So i think the hilux would the more practical option for such a sweet sounding motor, or maybe an AC Cobra with 35's and cruiser diff's....... :thumbup: :D
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Nou praat jy Bennie, daai wasted spark kan heel paar probleme in die hilux oplos, maar n opel degree wheel en n dicktator klink na n beter "local" opsie.
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

opel? OPEL?? Is jy bef.....??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Thys de Jager

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Kaspaas OPEL...

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Hoppy

Kyk mens kan seker 'n bestaande kar se pickup modify om te werk maar ek stem saam met Thys - opel - gaga poefie. Maar miskien het jy amper 'n punt beet, CHEV EN HOLDEN EN OPEL is mos almal maaikies :shh: :shh:

EK sal dan eerder 'n Lexus sin gebruik aangesien die motor in 'n Toy gaan loop. Die probleem gaan wees nou moet jy self 'n 36-1 of 60-2 wheel laat teken deur iemand met 'n laser of water cutter en hom laat maak volgens die grote wat jy nodig. Jy sal hom tiepies vooraan die crank fanbelt pulley vasmaak. Dan moet jy nog 'n bracket bou om die pickup te house en reg op te lyn.

EK meen julle het besluit teen die idee om self 'n EFI manifold te bou en eerder 'n EdelBrock een in te voer. In lyn met daai denke is MSD vir ignition triggering en wasted spark coils soos wat Edelbrock is vir die V8 EFI manifold, hulle het reeds die ding gemaak en getoets jy moet hom net istalleer, "why reinvent the wheel" (pun intended) as jy die wiel reeds kan koop as deel van 'n kit.

As Thys eers die MSD triger kit op het het dan begin ons hom arm draai om sommer daai kompleet multi discharge spark ignition systems te koop waneer sy gat jeuk om daai baba te supercharge :twisted: :twisted:

NOW WE ARE COOKING ON GAS - RED HOT BABY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thys

Daai brandgevoel in die pooitjie van jou skouer is nie ek wat jou arm probeer draai nie hoor, belowe. LET wel ek repekteer jou wense en het nog nie vir jou niks gesê oor Watter ECU nie maar onthou dat Chris Dicks te Cobra skoonskip maak op Tarlton en steeds klas records daar hou :twisted: :twisted: .
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Ek gaan jou moet ban van die thread af Bennie, want dis net 'n kwessie van tyd voor jy weer begin "dicktate(r)"... Gaan rus nou eers daai nekkie, want ek kan sien hoe sit en skud jy jou kop heen en weer......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dankie vir die nice input ons sal beslis daaroor dink. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Soos ek gese het, ek weet nog nie of die enjin in Kaspaas gaan diens doen nie, want Kaspaas se 7MGE setup is nou so uitgesort, dit sal 'n sonde wees om hom uit mekaar te haal. Ek moet dan nou glad met Chevy motors begin speel om my besig te hou... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Thys

Jy kan nooit te veel Hiluxe hê nie, koop 'n IFS en sit die mouter in, dan kan hy jou toervoertuig word en Kaspaas jou speelvoertuig :angel: :angel: :angel:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

:twisted: :twisted: dan toer ek van Brackenfell tot by die Hugenote tonnel dan is my petrolgeld op? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Kaspaas wrote::twisted: :twisted: dan toer ek van Brackenfell tot by die Hugenote tonnel dan is my petrolgeld op? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Nee boet 'n goed opgestelde V8 met 'n doeltreffende beheerstelsel kan ekonomies ook wees as jy hom reg ry. Onthou al daai horses kom wel uit die tank.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

A little pic to warm your hearts...

Chev V8 with MSD ignition control box...
V8.jpg
This engine is standing at MasterParts, Kenilworth... just opposite my office!

mr b
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Amen...

:twisted:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Wat draai hy die gebou se aircon of wat?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Ek gaan daai dingetjie zop... pop in the back of the uno... fit it to my lux...
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

IIRC that engine is rigged with NOS too!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Yip! Thys... MasterParts sell all the Holley and Edelbrock bits and pieces you can imagine!
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Yip, indeed true Bretton. We will get stuff in from the States if necessary. Sometimes it is cheaper than Masterparts.. but never fear we shop around.. :twisted: :thumbup: :thumbup:

We did get the pistons, rings, bearings, and other goodies from Masterparts. :twisted: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Did you try StateSide in Stikland... my Ford/Chev crazy friends, the Bastiaans clan, swear by them!

mr b
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Yep, they on the list of "Preferred Suppliers" as well... :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Thys de Jager

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

RustyRod wrote:my Ford/Chev crazy friends,

mr b
And here I thought I was your only friend :shock: :wink:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Keep your friends close... and your enemies even closer!

Ja broer!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Wat stress die oom so, n opel is maar net n Pirate Chev.
Bennie, die goedkoper manier is seker om n nuwe electronic dizzy te gebruik en die management net op die fueling te sit, dan hoef jy nie jou eie timing grafiek te bou nie.
Daar is n voledige manifold met al die injectors, rails ECU ens. by Edelbrock beskikbaar, komaan convince nou vir die oom.
aev@iburst.co.za
Maniac
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 1993 Hilux SFADC
Club VHF Licence: X25

Post by Maniac »

Thys,

my bakkie staan klaar daar by Allen, en julle is welkom om die motor daar in te sit. Ek sal jou nie eers geld vra daarvoor nie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
93 D/C Hilux Not 4Y, 33" Bighorns, 29 MHz, OME 3" Lift
No Ditch Too Deep, No Hill Too High!!!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Jy kan hom inloop totdat thys besluit wat hy met hom wil doen!
aev@iburst.co.za
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Agreed! :thumbup: Sit hom solank in Manie se bakkie ;)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Hoppy wrote: Bennie, die goedkoper manier is seker om n nuwe electronic dizzy te gebruik en die management net op die fueling te sit, dan hoef jy nie jou eie timing grafiek te bou nie.
Ja maar dan kan jy nie die timing perfek aanpas by jou engine se flow en cam profiles om ooral te gee wat die engine soek nie, jou timing sal net perfek wees op een specifieke plek en hopelik nie te ver uit op ander nie. Timing is die maklike gedeelte van die dyno,
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Hoppy wrote:Nou praat jy Bennie, daai wasted spark kan heel paar probleme in die hilux oplos, maar n opel degree wheel en n dicktator klink na n beter "local" opsie.
Okay after my initial shock about the Opel degree wheel suggestion I spoke to Allan and he showed me what he meant. :clap: :clap:

Using the degree wheel in conjunction with either a wasted spark or multicoil setup makes a lot of sense now, and it will save a lot of money as we dont have to buy a new dissy, and it will also mean that we can fit the motor closer to the fire-wall as the Chevy dissy sits at the back of the motor, unlike the Ford that has it in front in the wrong position. :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Also, the engineering company told us they finished their work on the engine block and that it is ready for collection. Build can start sometime soon... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Kaspaas wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Nou praat jy Bennie, daai wasted spark kan heel paar probleme in die hilux oplos, maar n opel degree wheel en n dicktator klink na n beter "local" opsie.
Okay after my initial shock about the Opel degree wheel suggestion I spoke to Allan and he showed me what he meant. :clap: :clap:

Using the degree wheel in conjunction with either a wasted spark or multicoil setup makes a lot of sense now, and it will save a lot of money as we dont have to buy a new dissy, and it will also mean that we can fit the motor closer to the fire-wall as the Chevy dissy sits at the back of the motor, unlike the Ford that has it in front in the wrong position. :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Also, the engineering company told us they finished their work on the engine block and that it is ready for collection. Build can start sometime soon... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cool now your talking my language, Dictator v8 with quad channel ignition output R 3500

http://dicktator.co.za/multicoilv8ecu.html

Quad channel Igniter R 650 (IIRC - I am picking up Scorpion's next week will let you know)

http://dicktator.co.za/ignitermodules.html

Then your Chev will enter the new milenium :thumbup: :thumbup:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Nee wat ek sal maar Go-Tech gaan, want ek weet van 'n Go-tech 4Y wat 'n sandduin KAN uitry, die Diktator 4Y's wat ek al gesien het lyk maar swak... :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Ek wil nie al die geld en moeite doen en dan sit ek met hierdie mrse Chev V8 motor wat cool klink en net op die teerpad kan ry nie... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Ek stem met jou saam Ewald.. dit sal 'n waste wees... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Ek dink jy het nogal 'n goeie idee daar...

Opel Offroad Developments????

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

DOELLOOS wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wie't op jou battery gepiepie?

1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Niks fout met pad bakkies nie...

:wth: :wth: :wth:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

http://www.gotech.co.za/news.html

Met die een kan ons 8 coils gebruik en dan's daar 4 oor vir die winch (die 4Y wat ons dwars op die voor bumper gaan sit om die winch op te rol)

....en hy sal n duin uitry!
aev@iburst.co.za
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Thys if you do not know where to put the V8 you can always mount it on a stand, through the TV out of the sitting room and then at night you can have a relaxed evening listening to your V8 rather than watching all the crap on TV. It will do your soul much more good than a TV.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

pietpetoors wrote:Thys if you do not know where to put the V8 you can always mount it on a stand, through the TV out of the sitting room and then at night you can have a relaxed evening listening to your V8 rather than watching all the crap on TV. It will do your sole much more good than a TV.
Maybe one of Top Gear's "Everyday Household Objects - Powered by a V8" Project :?:

(eeeish another daarn influential Tv Program) :roll: :wink:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Nee dis cool skimp op die trigger wheel en koop ' m0@se overpriced/overkill ECU
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

BenHur wrote:Now now girls B nice...
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

pietpetoors wrote:Thys if you do not know where to put the V8 you can always mount it on a stand, through the TV out of the sitting room and then at night you can have a relaxed evening listening to your V8 rather than watching all the crap on TV. It will do your soul much more good than a TV.
You're right Pieter, and with the right ecu and trigger wheel, it might even be kinder to the environment than TV.... :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”