1 jz-gte vvti into hilux Raider 2x4 ( Demon mods )

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Re: 1 jz-gte vvti into hilux Raider 2x4 ( Demon mods )

Post by Demon »

Had to do some moding on the bumper to get it around the pipes
Attachments
Photo100 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

The gear change on this auto box is as smooth as ice, the only way you can really tell it's changing is from the change of sound that comes from the exhaust :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Went thru to redhummers shop last weekend and he picked up a few leeks on the vsv which controls the dump valve, got that sorted and the ecu was throwing back one code for the turbo. Turbo came out and sent it to turbo exchange. Turbo is thrusting on the shaft so they are getting it sorted. The boost was all wired when we ran it. I could only get it up to 0.5 boost if I kane it and it was over fueling. Will get it back next week and pop it back in. Guy at turbo exchange says that the turbo was getting slowed down because of the shaft moving back and forth. Cant belive how cool this motor runs even after I closed up the front end :thumbup:
Attachments
Photo103 (Medium).jpg
V8 SOLID
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Nice job, can't wait to see how it runs.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

The truck is running very well, found another turbo and stuck that one straight in. One has to watch out for where you send your turbo in to get a service done on it but anyway a long story. Had to do some changes to the sump because the oil light was taking to long to go out on start up and should have taken rehummers advice from the start.

Another turbo, sump change and got the fan switch sorted :thumbup:

Thing runs very well on the hiway and can sit at one speed all the way, vvti works great for uphills and none of this pushing the pedal to the floor to make it over the hill.

For town driving it feels lazy because of the diff ratios and one has to really get the revs up to get it going. Going to look for the 5.2 diff and stick that in. Anyone got one they wana sell ? or maybe a chicken tooth ? :lol:

Anyways very happy with the mod and it was well worth the efort. Its running at around 7 km per liter, not a spec of smoke from the exhaust and it should get better on fuel with the diff change and the speedo hooked up.

Give me a shout if you want a spin in it. The sound and the smoothness will blow your mind. Im close to the Dome in Northgate :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

What diff have you got in there now. A 5.1 diff I would think is for offroad with big tyres and you will be reving close to 4000rpm at 120km/h with std tyres.
maybe once you have had it on the dyno they will sort out the low down torque. That motor should pull like a steam train from 1st gear. I am in fourways so not far from you.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Im still running the 4,55 diff now. Iv got the auto box so inturn its ratios are setup for a car. I sit on the hiway now between 2500 and 3000 rpm/ 120 to 140 km +-. On pull off it feels a bit lazy but make no mistake when you give it gas like up to 6000rpm it moves :twisted: . Maybe a 5,2 will be a bit high and maybe I should look at the 4.88. No rush thou. Well give me a shout anytime :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
revolina
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 91'hilux 2x4

Post by revolina »

Looking at the pic's of instaling the 7M, it did't look as it was sitting to high. Why did you decide to rise your body?
What did you use, Vesconite or polyurathane?
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Welcome to the forum Leon. What are you planning to do?
revolina
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by revolina »

At the moment I'm in a twist with my Lexus V8. I drive a normal 2x4 longwheel base and the motor is not going in deep enought. The manufold and flanges is in the way and sit on the chassy. The one reply sed I should lift the cab, but on a 2x4 it will look K...
So I posted the quastion what to do next, but got no clever anwser jet.
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Leon,

What manifolds are you using? There are 3 (IIRC) variations to the 1UZ manifold. If you aren't already you should try get hold of the 'log' style manifolds, they should go in without a hitch....
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

revolina wrote:The one reply sed I should lift the cab, but on a 2x4 it will look K...
Have you seen the "Sun Rider" conversion that the guys use to do? that did not look bad at all in fact it looked very good, well I suppose it is a matter of taste.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

I've seen some guys doing a 'moon'... and that really doesn't look good...
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Mr_B wrote:I've seen some guys doing a 'moon'... and that really doesn't look good...
This Sun Rider kit/conversion was approved by Toyota and installed by a authorized dealer, but you won't know, you are from the KAAP, don't know if it ever made it down to "slaap stad" :twisted:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

I just read the thread , woo, nice job
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
revolina
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by revolina »

I have the normal cast manufolds.I'm waiting for a shipment to come in to turbo toys with the smaller manufolds but can't wait anymore(spoornet is striking mos). Where can I find some info on the sunrider lift. "Demon" sorry for intruding on you blog, Bloddy good job on the 7M.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Howzit, no problem. The main reason I went for the lift was the tyers that I want to go for is going to catch the wheel artch and the water inlet was in the way of the 76mm blue boost pipe. I used nylon and only picked it up by 35mm so you dont really notice it much and the handeling is prety good. Maybe look at tightening up your torshen bars a tad and you might just get the space you need
V8 SOLID
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

revolina wrote: Where can I find some info on the sunrider lift.
Daai ouens van Gilo engineering het die sunrider kit gedoen, en dit was ook hulle wat dit ontwerp het.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
spadem
Town: durban
Vehicle: golf

Post by spadem »

Hello.Where did you get the gearbox and bell housing ? and what gearbox did you use along with bell housing
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Hy het n front cut gekoop
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”