Programmable ECUs - the only option for conversions

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
DOELLOOS

Programmable ECUs - the only option for conversions

Post by DOELLOOS »

Programmable ECUs

A special category of ECUs are those which are programmable. These units do not have a fixed behavior, but can be reprogrammed by the user.

Programmable ECUs are required where significant aftermarket modifications have been made to a vehicle's engine, or where an engine has been transplanted into a different category vehicle such as a 4x4. Examples include adding or changing of a turbocharger, adding or changing of an intercooler, changing of the exhaust system, conversion to run on alternative fuel, and when an engine has been transplanted onto a different gearbox and application other than the original application. As a consequence of these changes, the old ECU may not provide appropriate control for the new configuration. In these situations, a programmable ECU can be wired in. These can be programmed/mapped with a laptop connected using a serial or USB cable, while the engine is running.

The programmable ECU may control the amount of fuel to be injected into each cylinder. This varies depending on the engine's RPM and the position of the petrol pedal (or the manifold air pressure). The engine tuner can adjust this by bringing up a spreadsheet-like page on the laptop where each cell represents an intersection between a specific RPM value and a petrol pedal position (or the throttle position, as it is called). In this cell a number corresponding to the amount of fuel to be injected is entered. This spreadsheet is often referred to as a fuel table or fuel map.

By modifying these values while monitoring the exhausts using a wide band lambda probe to see if the engine runs rich or lean, the tuner can find the optimal amount of fuel to inject to the engine at every different combination of RPM and throttle position. This process is often carried out at a dynamometer, giving the tuner a controlled environment to work in. An engine dynamometer gives a more precise calibration for optimal functionality for the vehicles specific needs. Tuners often utilize a chassis dynamometer for street, 4x4 and other high performance applications.

Other parameters that are often mappable are:

Ignition:
Defines when the spark plug should fire for a cylinder.

Rev. limit:
Defines the maximum RPM that the engine is allowed to reach. After this fuel and/or ignition is cut. Some vehicle have a "soft" cut-off before the "hard" cut-off.

Water temperature correction:
Allows for additional fuel to be added when the engine is cold (choke) or dangerously hot.

Transient fueling:
Tells the ECU to add a specific amount of fuel when throttle is applied. The term is "acceleration enrichment"

Low fuel pressure modifier:
Tells the ECU to increase the injector fire time to compensate for a loss of fuel pressure.

Closed loop lambda:
Lets the ECU monitor a permanently installed lambda probe and modify the fueling to achieve stoichiometric (ideal) combustion. On traditional petrol powered vehicles this air:fuel ratio is 14.7:1. Some of the more advanced ECUs include functionality such as launch control, limiting the power of the engine in first gear to avoid burnouts.

Other examples of advanced functions are:

Wastegate control:
Sets up the behavior of a turbocharger's wastegate, controlling boost.
Banked injection: Sets up the behavior of double injectors per cylinder, used to get a finer fuel injection control and atomization over a wide RPM range.

Variable cam timing:
Tells the ECU how to control variable intake and exhaust cams.

Gear control:
Tells the ECU to cut ignition during (sequential gearbox) upshifts or blip the throttle during downshifts. An ECU is often equipped with a data logger recording all sensors for later analysis using special software in a PC. This can be useful to track down engine stalls, misfires or other undesired behaviors by downloading the log data and looking for anomalies after the event. The data logger usually has a capacity between 0.5 and 16 megabytes.

In order to communicate with the driver, an ECU can often be connected to a "data stack", which is a simple dash board presenting the driver with the current RPM, speed and other basic engine data. These stacks, which are almost always digital, talk to the ECU using one of several proprietary protocols running over RS232 or CANbus, connecting to the DLC connector (Data Link Connector) usually located on the underside of the dash, inline with the steering wheel.

Hilux4x4 rule #1:

Thou shalt not use an OME ECU in an engine conversion application.
Last edited by DOELLOOS on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
blom
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Landrovia
Vehicle: xj jeep & SERIES 3 & Isuzu KB 300 Dtec DC

Re: Programmable ECUs - the only option for conversions

Post by blom »

:twisted:
Thou shalt not question rule 1
:wave:
Grensvegter van LANDROVIA
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

:clap: :lol: :thumbup:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

dont some ECU have Nos control!???? :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Yeah and launch control too.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

DOELLOOS wrote:
Hilux4x4 rule #1:

blom wrote::twisted:
Thou shalt not question rule 1
:wave:
-------Ewald for President and Blom for Prime Minister-
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by King Rat »

Dit smaak my julle verkoop die goed. :twisted: Net uit onkunde die vraag: kan mens die OME ECU chip vir van die parameters om n goedkoper alternatief te kry? Bv soek ek nie launch control as ek 4X4 nie, en meeste van die lys goed wat genoem word doen die OME ECU in elke geval? Ek verstaan party ouens soek daai beheer van met die laptop sit terwyl jy 4X4 en die optimale curve te kry en dan weer die te verander as jy huis toe ry op die teerpad maar vir my klink dit na moeite en in die verkeerde hand n gemors.
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

King Rat wrote:Dit smaak my julle verkoop die goed. :twisted: Net uit onkunde die vraag: kan mens die OME ECU chip vir van die parameters om n goedkoper alternatief te kry?
Ja jy kan maar dis definitief nie goedkoper nie. Doe OE ECU opsie is al reeds baie duurder as aftermarket en om dan te chip kos seker omtrent ook so veel as 'n aftermarket system.
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

King Rat wrote:Dit smaak my julle verkoop die goed.
Nee ons werk vir ons geld.
King Rat wrote:Net uit onkunde die vraag: kan mens die OME ECU chip vir van die parameters om n goedkoper alternatief te kry? Bv soek ek nie launch control as ek 4X4 nie, en meeste van die lys goed wat genoem word doen die OME ECU in elke geval? Ek verstaan party ouens soek daai beheer van met die laptop sit terwyl jy 4X4 en die optimale curve te kry en dan weer die te verander as jy huis toe ry op die teerpad maar vir my klink dit na moeite en in die verkeerde hand n gemors.
En Ja jy is onkundig en klink of jy ook net iets MOET sê.
As jy die gevoel kry dat jy nie weet nie vra liewer of bly net stil moet nie jou onkunde met almal deel nie. :evil: :evil:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

Thou shall use OME ECU...... and you shall be struck upon with great vengeance :twisted: :lol:
V8 SOLID
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Demon wrote:Thou shall use OME ECU...... and you shall be struck upon with great vengeance :twisted: :lol:
Yes I agree, Old Man Emu does great suspensions but suck with ECU's, I will stick to Dicktator thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
redhummer

Post by redhummer »

Nice article that you found on Wikipedia... Why did you take out the bit about how the Toyota OEM ecu has the capability of reprograming its maps according to driving conditions.. It tells how it is the only standard or aftermarket ecu that has the capability of remapping itself on a continuous basis and this is why a person cant chip the std Toyota ecu’s. I guess the only way a person can describe it is like this
Aftermarket ECU = Programmable but the quality ones come at a price
OEM BMW Ford etc = Pre-set but can re re-chipped
OEM Toyota = Intelligent and reliable.
I personally think it is nice being able to enjoy a car once a mod has been done without having to revisit the whole thing now and then to get it to keep on running well. Would rather do another mod to another vehicle rather that run on the same spot. Everybody can try and mock the oem systems as much as they like but the fact remains that everybody has different requirements. There is a market for both systems so that fact speaks for itself. Lol…
Std ecu R1000 but it is a lot of work with the wiring and one must know the intire system in order to be able to wire it maintaining reliability. But once it runs there is no reason to revisit that side of things ever again.
And if you choose your motor carefully you should get the ecu thrown into the deal free.
If you want engines complete with ecu etc there is a shop in JetPark that has them..
So the cheaper and more reliable way is std management..

I was looking at the prices of the aftermarket thing and its like this….the advanced ecu costs three times the price of the oem from a wrecker
Spitronics Price List - November 2009

Retail Excl
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
EMU Advance R 2,900.00 R 2,543.86
EMU Intermediate R 2,400.00 R 2,105.26
EMU Standard R 1,900.00 R 1,666.67
EMU Fuel Only R 1,600.00 R 1,403.51
EMU Timing Only R 1,400.00 R 1,228.07
Lexus Kit (incl Gear, Idle control & Cable) R 3,200.00 R 2,807.02
Gearbox Computer R 1,900.00 R 1,666.67
Idle Control Type 1 - 6 Wire R 320.00 R 280.70
Idle Control Type 2 - 4 Wire R 320.00 R 280.70
MANAGEMENT ONLY
EMU Advance R 2,200.00 R 1,929.82
EMU Intermediate R 1,800.00 R 1,578.95
EMU Standard R 1,400.00 R 1,228.07
EMU Fuel Only R 1,300.00 R 1,140.35
EMU Timing Only R 1,300.00 R 1,140.35
Gearbox Computer R 1,550.00 R 1,359.65
HARNESS ONLY
12 Way R 190.00 R 166.67
10 Way R 190.00 R 166.67
Idle Control R 140.00 R 122.81
Injector Harness R 140.00 R 122.81
SENSORS
Map Sensor 1Bar R 228.00 R 200.00
Map Sensor 2.5Bar R 228.00 R 200.00
Map Sensor 3Bar R 228.00 R 200.00
Lamda 4 Wire Chinese R 514.00 R 450.88
Lamda 4 Wire Korean R 627.00 R 550.00
Lamda 4 Wire Bosch LS05 025898505 R 950.00 R 833.33
Lamda 5 Wire Bosch 0258007351 R 1,900.00 R 1,666.67
Temp Sensor Water 2K 2Wire R 140.00 R 122.81
Temp Sensor Air 10K 2Wire R 140.00 R 122.81
OTHER ACCESSORIES
Fuse Box Chinese 8Way FB4009 R 70.00 R 61.40
Fuse Box MTA 8Way FUSE100590 R 120.00 R 105.26
Fuse Box MTA 6Way FUSE100560 R 100.00 R 87.72
Fuse Box MTA 4Way FUSE100540 R 90.00 R 78.95
Fuse 5A FUSE1005 R 1.37 R 1.20
Fuse 7.5A FUSE1075 R 1.37 R 1.20
Hella 4 Pin Relay R 45.00 R 39.47
Bosch 5 Pin Relay R 90.00 R 78.95
Lexus 36-1 Gear R 136.00 R 119.30
Custom Gear R 171.00 R 150.00
Pick Up Sensor for Gear R 171.00 R 150.00
USB Cable R 228.00 R 200.00
Programmer R 513.00 R 450.00
Cloth Tape R 50.00 R 43.86
Distributor R 1,200.00 R 1,052.63
TIPTRONIC SHIFTERS
Shifter Lexus R 1,800.00 R 1,578.95
Shifter Chev Turbo 350 R 1,800.00 R 1,578.95
Shifter Cable Lexus R 513.00 R 450.00
Shifter Cable Turbo 350 R 513.00 R 450.00
Shifter Side Bracket R 40.00 R 35.09
Gearbox Remote R 350.00 R 307.02

Once you pick everything one needs from that price list it isnt cheap. Actually a lot more than buying a front-cut with a vvt v8

Not sure what the OME system is but even Wikipedia has no detail on that system..
Maybe you thinking of a resister.. So I guess anything is better than that. My preference is OEM…Reason is ..
1.Cost
2.Reliability
3.Time.
4.Parts
5.Support
6.Smoothness
7.Anit theft (Transponder) As we do live in SA…But I guess the older v8’s don’t have that anyway as they are already 25 years old//
There are very nice aftermarket systems out there and there is also a huge market in the racing and dragstrip applications overseas. I went to the show (Cars in the park) and it really wasnt interesting. I was supprised at the quality of work in general.. There were some nice jobs but mostly it was mud.
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hilux4x4 rules apply here, and they are NOT negotiable!!!

You are allowed to appeal this rule in triplicate by no later than 10 February 2010. Your appeal must have 100 signatures of conversion owners who can swear that they have never cheated on their wives or girlfriends, and vice versa.

This is final.

By order

Hilux4x4 Custodians
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Spartan wrote:
King Rat wrote:Dit smaak my julle verkoop die goed.
Nee ons werk vir ons geld.
King Rat wrote:Net uit onkunde die vraag: kan mens die OME ECU chip vir van die parameters om n goedkoper alternatief te kry? Bv soek ek nie launch control as ek 4X4 nie, en meeste van die lys goed wat genoem word doen die OME ECU in elke geval? Ek verstaan party ouens soek daai beheer van met die laptop sit terwyl jy 4X4 en die optimale curve te kry en dan weer die te verander as jy huis toe ry op die teerpad maar vir my klink dit na moeite en in die verkeerde hand n gemors.
En Ja jy is onkundig en klink of jy ook net iets MOET sê.
As jy die gevoel kry dat jy nie weet nie vra liewer of bly net stil moet nie jou onkunde met almal deel nie. :evil: :evil:
Smaak my jy moet nog n bietjie groot word. Om soos n kind te reageer as jy n vraag gevra word wys nogal jou onsekerheid oor jouself. Ek is nie bang om te vra as ek nie weet nie, jy darenteen reken jy weet al's? Ek reken jy mag dalk nie werk vir jou geld nie maar praat vir jou geld :evil: :evil:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hilux4x4 rule #2

No fighting about rule #1
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

DOELLOOS wrote:Hilux4x4 rule #2

No fighting about rule #1
spoil sport! :shock: :shock:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Honorable Presidential Candidate of Hilux4x4,

I beg to disagree with your honour, based on the following:
1.) I wish to transplant a Ford 1600 Kent motor into my Hilux
2.) It is a well known fact that the abovementioned motor runs very efficiently on it's Ford IV carburator.
3.) Any sort of electronic OME/ECU/ OPE gadget would be superfluous, based on 2 above.

I just wished to bring the above to your attention and await your answer.

Yours faithfully,

JGK Scorpion
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hilux4x4 rule #3

Rule #1 does not apply to the mentally insane.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

Sê die man wat sy V8 Hilux vir 'n Navara wil ruil...

:wth: :twisted: :wth: :twisted: :wth:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hey man, ek maak net die reels, ek luister nie noodwendig daarna nie...

Ek leer by die leiers van ons land, en by die prokureurs...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

DOELLOOS wrote:Hey man, ek maak net die reels, ek luister nie noodwendig daarna nie...

Ek leer by die leiers van ons land, en by die prokureurs...

Het jy ook 'n kind of 20 wat jou vrou nie van weet nie... :twisted:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Nee, darem nie, maar daai baie vroue klink darem maar flippin interessant...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Sounds great :thumbup:

Just one question, what's an ecu and where do you use one :shifty:
kfxnando
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:Sounds great :thumbup:

its a thingamagig that lets the carb work!!! :silent: :cry: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

King Rat wrote:Smaak my jy moet nog n bietjie groot word. Om soos n kind te reageer as jy n vraag gevra word wys nogal jou onsekerheid oor jouself. Ek is nie bang om te vra as ek nie weet nie, jy darenteen reken jy weet al's? Ek reken jy mag dalk nie werk vir jou geld nie maar praat vir jou geld
Jy is lekker braaf as jy daar ver agter jou rekenaar sit ou bees :wink: sal jou seker nog ontmoed dan kan jy die goed vir my in my gesig sê :twisted:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hey, julle moenie my stunts hier begin trek nie!!!!

EK sal besluit wie wanneer mag baklei, en wie nie, en op hierdie stadium mag niemand hier baklei nie!

Hilux4x4 rule #2

Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

DOELLOOS wrote:Hey, julle moenie my stunts hier begin trek nie!!!!

EK sal besluit wie wanneer mag baklei, en wie nie, en op hierdie stadium mag niemand hier baklei nie!
Neewat geen bakleiery nie net n friendly warning om nie meer af tebyt as wat jy kan kou nie :wink:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Spartan wrote:
DOELLOOS wrote:Hey, julle moenie my stunts hier begin trek nie!!!!

Neewat geen bakleiery nie net n friendly warning om nie meer af tebyt as wat jy kan kou nie :wink:
My pa het altyd gese...

Bite off more than you can chew, and then chew like hell...

Skud nou hande, kiss and make up!!!!
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

kfxnando wrote:

its a thingamagig that lets the carb work!!! :silent: :cry: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking of fitting a Twin-choke Weber, does that mean I need a twin-ecu :?

R :wink:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

DOELLOOS wrote:My pa het altyd gese
Dit mag jou dalk in die moeilikheid bring :wink: :lol: :thumbup:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Spartan wrote:
King Rat wrote:Smaak my jy moet nog n bietjie groot word. Om soos n kind te reageer as jy n vraag gevra word wys nogal jou onsekerheid oor jouself. Ek is nie bang om te vra as ek nie weet nie, jy darenteen reken jy weet al's? Ek reken jy mag dalk nie werk vir jou geld nie maar praat vir jou geld
Jy is lekker braaf as jy daar ver agter jou rekenaar sit ou bees :wink: sal jou seker nog ontmoed dan kan jy die goed vir my in my gesig sê :twisted:
Ja boetie, gaan ons dan n streep in die sand trek soos op skool? :clap: Sien uit daarna om jou te ontmoet, dan sal ek jou soen en opmaak. :wink:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Is julle twee broers?

Dit verduidelik alles...

kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
kfxnando wrote:

I'm thinking of fitting a Twin-choke Weber, does that mean I need a twin-ecu :?

R :wink:

if you get a Dicktator, then one ECU will do both carbs!!

one carb for each bank!! :clap: :lol: :angel: :mrgreen:
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

DOELLOOS wrote:Hilux4x4 rule #3

This rule still applies...
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

DOELLOOS wrote:
DOELLOOS wrote:Hilux4x4 rule #3

This rule still applies...

now have serious issue with the above!!!

this is discrimination

now you are discriminating about my permanent state of mind!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

This is what I used to run the carburettor on the Interceptor...
Attachments
Interceptor ECU.jpg
Interceptor ECU.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

DOELLOOS wrote:This is what I used to run the carburettor on the Interceptor...
how were you powering up those control units???

were you using one single inverter, or did each control unit have its own dedicated inverter!!

or did you go the trusted route, with a Ford Generator on the back????

would be interesting to know!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

This whole thread are sommer Doelloos!

Doelloos dis tyd laat jy 'n nuwe bakkie koop... so you'll have sumting to do... bru...
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

kfxnando wrote:
DOELLOOS wrote:This is what I used to run the carburettor on the Interceptor...
how were you powering up those control units???

were you using one single inverter, or did each control unit have its own dedicated inverter!!

or did you go the trusted route, with a Ford Generator on the back????

would be interesting to know!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Yes that sounds about right... I'm busy welding my rollbar shut... sealing it... and tapping a filler hole in the top...

That way I can store 20 litres of fuel in them... to feed the generator! Clever ne'...

Mr B
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hierdie is nogal interressante skoene...

:thumbup:
Attachments
large.jpg
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: East London
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4

Post by jvt172 »

Heeltemal iets anders.
Hier is vir jou 'n witte
Attachments
witte2.JPG
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Baie baie dankie...

Wanneer bring jy hom?

:twisted:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

King Rat wrote:Ja boetie, gaan ons dan n streep in die sand trek soos op skool?
Daar is nie sand in die Tranvaal nie :lol: :twisted:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

jvt172 wrote:Hier is vir jou 'n witte
Wat is die storie met die wit van :?: is hy tekoop :?: as hy is hoeveel :?:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Spartan wrote:...as hy is hoeveel :?:

Jaco... sit jou bril op... and lean forward towards your monitor... while looking at the picture of the bakkie... regte kant van die windskerm... wat se' dit??

Dit lyk vir my soos R 89,995.00???

Wat sien jy broer?? :twisted:
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by jvt172 »

Hy is tekoop ja R89950.00 1994 d/c alles std. 299...km op. maar baie goeie toestand.
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

:thumbdown:
Attachments
HijackDeNiro.jpg
HijackDeNiro.jpg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 5815 times
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

DOELLOOS wrote::thumbdown:
ummm... ok... does it have a std or aftermarket ECU in?

and if aftermarket... we'll stop here... maybe... :twisted:

:angel:
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by jvt172 »

This is a f....up don't stick around. Of is dit nou anders om???
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Daai bakkie is heeltemal te duur.

Ek het begin dink uit my eie oogpunt uit. As ek nou daai bakkie wil verkoop sal ek seker gelukkig wees om R50K te kry... So ek sal nie meer as dit betaal vir een nie...
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by jvt172 »

Goeie oogpunt.
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Mr_B wrote:Jaco... sit jou bril op... and lean forward towards your monitor... while looking at the picture of the bakkie... regte kant van die windskerm... wat se' dit??

Dit lyk vir my soos R 89,995.00???

Wat sien jy broer??
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO f..... hulle is mos helemal laf, sien wat gebeur as jy jou bril op het, THX B :lol:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

DOELLOOS wrote: Hilux4x4 rule #1:

Dear Honourable and Large Mudderators,

As official President and founding member of Hilux4x4 (being self righteous and egotistical of mind),

I hereby disrespectfully command that the above rule be implemented as the Hilux4x4 Forum's most impressive law.

Thank you
Dank jou

Mullet van Zyl
Upper than the Uppest Custodian
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Uppity stirrer :twisted: :twisted:
Jouneviraltyd
Vleis Koekemoer.
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”