Weight difference between a 7M and standard motor

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Weight difference between a 7M and standard motor

Post by Dingo »

Howdy Forum

Easy question for this morning - does anyone know the weight difference between a 7M engine and the standard 2,2 / 2,4 engines??

I have assumed, assumption is the......... :P , that the 7M would be heavier, but was told this weekend that the 7M is in fact lighter / pretty much the same weight :think: :think: :think:

The reason why I'm interested in this question , is because when I fitted new springs to my Lux the load / performance springs were used due to the engine weight. I think the springs are too hard as the front of the vehicle bounces all over the road.
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Re: Weight difference between a 7M and standard motor

Post by Dingo »

I can't believe that nobody seems to know this infomation, with all the fundi's that have done these conversions somebody must have some sort of an idea.

Come on guys, please don't let me down.
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Re: Weight difference between a 7M and standard motor

Post by Dingo »

Okay, so what I can pick up via Google is that;

7MGE weighs around 199kgs - assume that includes all the add ons, ie alt, throttle body, etc
4Y weighs around 174kgs

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”