1UR-FSE

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

1UR-FSE

Post by pietpetoors »

I see in the latest Toyota Zone magazine that this year the Hilux Double cab bakkies will run with the 4.6 litre V8 taken from the Toyota Majesta, seems like it is a 1UR-FSE engine. Apparently they chosen the engine because of its reliability and economy.

Is this the same engine as the Lexus V8?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: 1UR-FSE

Post by OOOOMS »

Korrek Pieter, 1UR-FSE V8 engine, is van die Lexus LS 460 & LS 460 L
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

AFAIK this later generation V8 is not quite the same motor as the Lexus V8 that the guys have been fitting in most of the threads here. The motor featured in most of the V8 conversions is the "UZ" range and to the best of my limited knowledge are electrically supercharged.

The "UR-FSE" suffix to my mind denotes that it is still in the same family, but:

R Low Compression (For 87 and below octane fuel)
F Economy narrow-angle valve DOHC

And then either:

S Swirl intake
E Electronic Fuel injection

or:

SE D-4 Gasoline Direct Injection

Maybe the guys with more knowledge of these motors can shed some more light. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Hilux

1UR-FSE

Post by BlumTRD »

1UR-FSE
The 1UR-FSE V8 engine, introduced with the Lexus LS 460 & LS 460 L luxury sedans in 2006 has a 4.6 liter (4608cc) displacement, which it gets from a 94 mm bore and 83 mm stroke. The engine includes D-4S gasoline direct injection and dual VVT-iE and produces 381 horsepower (283 kW) and 370 lbf·ft (498 N·m) of torque.

Applications:

2007 Lexus LS 460 & LS 460 L

1UR-FE
The 1UR-FE is based on the 1UR-FSE but lacks the gasoline direct injection D-4S technology. The engine produces 342 horsepower (254 kW) and 455 N·m which in comparison with the direct injection engine is less by 40+ horsepower and 40+ N·m. Due to this difference, the LS 460 which is equipped with 1UR-FSE reaches 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds while LS 460 which is equipped with 1UR-FE reaches same in 6.3 seconds (a difference of 0.6 seconds).

Applications:

2007 Lexus LS 460 & LS 460 L (Middle East)

2UR-GSE
This article contains information about a scheduled or expected future product.
It may contain preliminary information that does not reflect the final version of the product.

The 2UR-GSE is a 5 liter (4968 cc) engine and will power future Lexus vehicles. It has D-4S gasoline direct injection, dual VVT-i, and VVT-iE on the intake. Bore of 94 mm and stroke of 89.5 mm, it will produce 417 hp (311 kW) at 6,600 rpm and 373 ft·lbf (505 Nm) of torque at 5,200 rpm.

Applications:

2008 Lexus IS-F

2UR-FSXE
The 2UR-FSXE adds Lexus Hybrid Drive onto the drivetrain, allowing the engine to produce 430+ hp (328+ kW) in conjunction with the electric motor.

The engine head is made from magnesium alloy, while the block is die-cast to save weight.[2]

Applications:

2008 Lexus LS 600h & LS 600h L

3UR-FE
The 3UR-FE is a 5.7 liter (5663 cc) engine designed for use in Toyota trucks, and as a result, the D-4S gasoline direct injection will not be included, but dual VVT-i will be included. Bore of 3.7 in. and stroke of 4.02 in.,it produces 381 hp (283 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 401 ft·lbf (543 Nm)of torque at 3,600 rpm. E85 ethanol capability will be included for the 2009 model year.[3]

Applications:

2007 Toyota Tundra
2008 Lexus LX 570
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 (US)
Agteros
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post by Agteros »

pietpetoors wrote:I see in the latest Toyota Zone magazine that this year the Hilux Double cab bakkies will run with the 4.6 litre V8 taken from the Toyota Majesta, seems like it is a 1UR-FSE engine. Apparently they chosen the engine because of its reliability and economy.

Is this the same engine as the Lexus V8?
Hi Pieter - are you saying that the new Hilux will come with a V8 here in SA? Do you have more info from the magazine?
2020 FJ Cruiser
1986 Hilux DC 4x4. Sold to the Boss :cooldude:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Hugo, I never thought of that, but that would be nice.

I was just wondering, perhaps the Toyota Rally team was reading about all the Lexus conversions on this forum an decided to do the same.

I think it is good to see that they choose that engine on the basis of reliability and economy.
That rally Hilux must be a monster with a V8 in.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

I forsee a problem with transplanting this motor in your SFA if it is a direct injection petrol motor as indicated. No Dicktator or Gotech is going to suffice for the injection side of things and the european ecu's that can, well lets just say you could by another SFA for that price... :shock2: You would need the complete ecu with wiring ect for the thing to work.
ImageImageImage
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Just get a front cut, includes all wiring and cluster... I know RedHummer/Perskers have done this very successfully!
redhummer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by redhummer »

There are a few more problems getting it to run.. There is an ecu under the rear seat that must correspond with the steering ecu, engine ecu, security ecu and fuel pump ecu. All ecu's must come from the same vehicle. The ecu can be reset by the dealer but i takes a half hour to reset. Not the engine ecu though..
These engines have way too much power for a hilux and isnt recomended in my opinion.
A nice option would be the 1UZ or 3UZ all vvt-i.
these motors are all throttle by wire and dual vvt. The UR series is a different technology. They run duel injection Quad vvt and are running much higher fuel pressures than the older generation. Very expensive and very big in size. Dought it will fit in a hilux.
No manual gearbox at a reasonable price will last.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Thanks Mr Red... the right info from a man that knows his story!
Frencho454
Town: Hermanus
Vehicle: Mercedes SUV

Post by Frencho454 »

I have just built a 1UR FSE single intake engine into a F100 and it runs with original ECU and gearbox controller. Tiptronic fully functional. The bakkie goes like the clappers and the UR motors is not to be compared to the UZ of which i have also built in quite a few over the years. I tend to agree the UR engines would be a bit to much on a hilux though but not saying it cannot be done, all though it physically bigger than the UZ range at least this time round the exhaust manifolds is nicely tucked in close to the block and not massive as on the UZ engines. They come in twin intake or single intake versions of which the single intake makes a teed more power. I have had two enquires from land cruiser owners to fit UR engines but i need to do some more homework first in order to see how much of a head scratch that is going to amount to. It is a very nice smooth engine though and no shortage of power. Just some interesting comparisons:

1UR FSE 385hp 500Nm @ 4100rpm 4.6 liter comes with factory ECU and 8 spd gearbox price R40K
LS2 400hp 525Nm@ 4300rpm 6.0 liter comes with aftermarket ECU and NO gearbox price R80K

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”