HILUX SFA-Cluster Problem

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: '94 Hilux D/C

HILUX SFA-Cluster Problem

Post by Boltz »

Quick question to the experts on the site, Is it possibple to match the Hilux SFA rev counter to the Lexus V8? or do I need to go aftermarket, i really don't want to put one of those ugly POD things on my dash, so either it works or I just don't have a rev counter......any info would be greatly appreciated!! :)
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Re: HILUX SFA-Cluster Problem

Post by Toybox »

AFAIK you can use the negative from one of the coils...
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Toybox wrote:AFAIK you can use the negative from one of the coils...
As jy net van een coil af werk gaan die rev-counter ook net een coil wys, jy sal moet diodes insit en n draad trek van elke coil af na n central point en van daaraf n draad na die rev-counter toe. Het dit gedien op die 7M's maar nog nie op n V8 nie. Jy sal ook die rev-counter moet calibrate vir die V8.
M2CW
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Now this is where I'm stoopid! .... If you have a V8 running off dual coils and you take the rev counter off one coil, you're still running the rev counter off the pulse of 4 cylinders for the same revs. It should work fine, no? :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Boltz
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: '94 Hilux D/C

Post by Boltz »

Thanks for the replies guys....mmmmmm.........seems this is going to be interesting......i'll try these suggestions next week somewhere and lets see if something works......otherwise i'll have to go for the single speedo (diesel hilux) and no rev guage :eh:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Mud Dog wrote:Now this is where I'm stoopid! .... If you have a V8 running off dual coils and you take the rev counter off one coil, you're still running the rev counter off the pulse of 4 cylinders for the same revs. It should work fine, no? :think:
Nee my oom, sal nie werk nie.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Workshop”