Hilux diff information

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Dolf
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 01 Hilux Raider

Hilux diff information

Post by Dolf »

Morning all.
Following an article in SA 4X4 on the new Auburngear limited slip diff for Toyota's I located a distributor and obtained a price of approximately R8000.00 (give or take exchange rate etc. at the time of order) .

I think this will be a good option condidering the alternative is an ARB locker at a much higher price. What are your comments on this ??

Further more, I am driving a 2001 Hilux 2.7 Raider DC and I am not sure if this has an 8.4" Toyota front diff. Can anyone assist in confirming this.

If you want to look at the Aburn gear stuff, visit their site on Auburngear.com.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux diff information

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi and welcome Dolf! :thumbup:
My initial impression is that the cost is very high for a LSD. I'm not sure about your model diff but for the older ones you can get the carriers and LSD components fitted for less than half that price. I also understand that you can get the Toyota electrically operated difflock for the older diffs fitted for about 5K, but admittedly that's used spares, but apparently still with a warranty. I suppose that a lot depends on the quality of the Aubumgear stuff, though, and if it's tried and tested over the years like the ARB stuff. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Riceburner
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: JHB
Vehicle: D2 V8

Post by Riceburner »

If you have free wheel hubs in the front you can fit a Ausie or Lockrite. Been using them for years.
Dolf
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 01 Hilux Raider

Post by Dolf »

Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumbup:
Much appreciated

Return to “The Workshop”