KZTE LIFT QUESTIONS

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
morganharris
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bloemfontein
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE

KZTE LIFT QUESTIONS

Post by morganharris »

Hey guys

I am pretty novice when it comes to technical aspects of vehicles, im no mechanic.

Within saying that, I have a 2004 4x4 KZTE D/C with winch and bullbar, soon to add hunting rails.

I would like a lift on this vehicle. My father in law said he can custom make spacers for the front and adjust tortion bars a bit, then have an extra leaf or two added to the rear to give a total lift

I do not have R6000 - R15 000 for a suspension upgrade. Nor do I know anything about spacers, tortion bars or leaves.

So my question is: will my father in laws plans work and would you recommend it?
Or is there other alternatives I can look at that are cost effective to gain a lift on this bakkie.

Thanks for the help.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: KZTE LIFT QUESTIONS

Post by george »

Hi morgan.
Your dad got the right idea.
You can also get the spacers here http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/index.p ... cts_id=234
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Theodorus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Honeydew Jhb
Vehicle: HILUX

KZTE LIFT QUESTIONS

Post by Theodorus »

It works i did it spacers in the front extra blades in the back i do recomend longer safari shocks 1400 for all 4 i paid and it woks then later extended shackes back

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-26.067607,27.876823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mylux

Return to “The Workshop”