Stop smoking???

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Stop smoking???

Post by Family_Dog »

Hang on tight, Val! You're past the point of no return already.

We're all a-tooting for you! ;)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

For all the smokers that need a little motivation. For me this is a real sad story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLtNgAhPRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

I'm three weeks from 1 year of No Smoking.
What a wonderful feeling and you won't believe how bad smokers smell to me now!
It's absolutely one of the most disgusting habit ever! So glad I stopped.

Good luck to all trying :thumbup:
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Eric.... Sjoe today has been a stinker.... think my body is going through the physical nicotine withdrawal now... The first 5 days were a cruise, it was just a case of keeping myself busy when out of habit I would have lit a cigarette, purely a mental exercise... now it is definitely more a nerves on edge craving, which is nasty.... Am off to the gym and hoping that a 90 min spin session and 2 litres of water is going to get me through....Would have taken my bike out on the road earlier today to try and cycle it off, but have had rain on and off ... Really appreciate the encouragement from all of you...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

jacques kotze wrote:For all the smokers that need a little motivation. For me this is a real sad story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLtNgAhPRg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jacques that was a very, very sad story.... Thanks for the motivation.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Off to the gym now
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

OK... Day 6 and counting...

Dear Diary,

I survived the day without having been darted and and euthanized, to put me out of my misery, or without being incarcerated or institutionalised because I was a danger to the rest of society....Whew.. Yesterday was not a good day....

So for today, so far, it appears my sense of humour is intact.... off to the gym shortly to see whether that does'nt help me to not get ragged towards the end of the day....
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Sterk wees en bly weg van dop af, dit maak dit 1000 keer moeilikker om nee te se.
Image Link Broken
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Johannes van die See wrote:Sterk wees en bly weg van dop af, dit maak dit 1000 keer moeilikker om nee te se.
So nou is dit te erg.... nie meer my glas wyn en ook nie n ou sigaretjie nie.. Aai... lewe word nou net slegter, en slegter..... :tease: :tease: :tease:

Terg maar net :roll: :roll: ,,, ek weet die drank maak dit net moeliker.... Het vir 20 jaar op gehou rook en dit was na n paar glase wyn dat ek weer n siggaret aangesteek het en weer begin rook het..rerig stupid
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 2.7;2012 MB ML350;2016 MB C220 BLUETEC; 1999 VW GOLF 1.6; VW Caddy P/V

Post by HennieO »

When my son turned 5yo I made an oath to him to never smoke again. It worked for 5 years and after a couple of Jagermeisters I thought I could handle a Moods (small cigar). Turned out I could, so I did it again the next weekend. Pretty soon I was smoking a pack of Moods a day! (@ around R90 perpack!)
So last year I renewed my promise to my son and I promised myself never to smoke again. I instructed the bank to deduct R3000 a month extra towards my bond and then read the Allan Carr book. Happy to say that its been 15 months now and I am still clean! Best thing is that I get to spend some money on the Lux!! and the holday to Namibia in July is paid for!

The temptations are many, especially over weekend while having a few drinks etc but the trick is to remind yourself every time that you don't need it any more! Also, what worked for me when somebody offers, is NOT to say "No thank you I just quit", BUT rather to say "No thank you, I don't smoke".

Good luck to all the quitters!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Hennie.... I agree, it is literally one try of a cigarette or cigar that gets that little nicotine monster going again..... The moment you believe that you can't get hooked again, you are beaten...

Yippeee, I'm a non smoker :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

I am sooooooo proud of you, i haven't had a Coke yet, will do the Red Heart and TAB thing this weekend.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Hoppy wrote:I am sooooooo proud of you, i haven't had a Coke yet, will do the Red Heart and TAB thing this weekend.
eeeyyyyyuuucck!
Met daai dop moet jy rook om van die k4k smaak in jou mond ontslae te raak.
Image Link Broken
yotaman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartenbos Western Cape
Vehicle: '99 2.7i Hilux 4x4 S/C

Post by yotaman »

Like they say its not a bad habit, its a deadly one! This 2012 Swambo day @ 11 pm, I shall be "clean" exactly 5 years. After smoking for 30 years (20 -30/day) and 2 failed attempts to stop, I finaly made it (thank the Lord). I could not do it if it was not for a product called Ziban. REMEMBER the latter (and any any other) remedy only works with a good doze of determination, "guts" and the decision to prolong your life with 10 Healthy YEARS. Show this deadly habit who the BOSS really is. Good luck
Last edited by yotaman on Sat May 05, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

okay, hier is 'n paar ouens wat genoeg wilskrag gehad het om op te hou rook, UITSTEKEND vir julle en byt vas :thumbup:

die van julle wat probeer ophou, dis FANTASTIES !, voorspoed vir julle en ek hoop regtig julle kry julle koppe skoon en los die kankerstokkie, hier is baie ondersteuning vir julle op die forum. Vermy versoekings, dis moeilik maar jy moet net volhou, dit raak makliker met tyd :cool: :clap:

die van julle wat soos ek nog nooit gerook het nie, hou uit en moenie enige versoekings duld nie. UITSTEKEND :thumbup:

Hier is 'n paar harde woorde. Jy wat nou 'n roker is en nie van plan is om op te hou rook nie, skrik asb tog net wakker. Dink bietjie aan die nie roker wat langs jou staan daar in die skone natuur op 'n fantastiese 4x4 dag en wat jou rook moet staan en inasem, terwyl hy die skoon lug kon geniet het. Wat is die punt? Dis selfsugtig. :sick: Hoeveel keer het ek nie al kinders in 'n motor gesien saam met hulle ouers ry met albei ouers wat rook in die motor nie. Dis onwettig, maar mense doen dit nog steeds. Dis selfsugtig teenoor die kinders, skrik wakker asb. Ek raak sommer moeilik as dit by sulke goed kom. Hoop jy sien die lig eendag. Ek sê nie alle rokers is soos die voorbeelde hierbo nie, die perde weet wie hulle is. :punch: Dink volgende keer wanneer jy daai ciggie opsteek, kyk wie's in jou geselskap.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
KZNSFA4Y
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Hilton
Vehicle: 92 Hilux D/C 2.2 4x4

Post by KZNSFA4Y »

I stopped smoking two years ago, and every time I feel like a cigarette, which strangely enough is always the day after being around second hand smoke, I just use a play on words that creates a horrible mental image that quickly puts me off. Here it goes, you are welcome to delete this if some find it offensive but I am refering to taking a drag of a cigarette. "Why would you want to suck on the butt of a fa g?" It works for me when I crave, who knows it might help you.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Day 8 and still going strong.... Find the most important thing is to keep busy... It's when I am idle or bored that I feel like smoking a cigarette... But am definitely thinking a lot less about it...Yay
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Just forget about it, its yuck! Don't even count the days, the less you're reminded about anything relating to smoking the less it will bother you.

I don't even know the exact date I stopped, I know it was last year during the last week of May, didn't write down the date and didn't bother counting days, weeks or months, I just convinced myself that I'm done with it so there's no need to remind myself about anything related to it.

Worked for me........... No Ziban, no replacement gum or anything, just pure will power and determination.
I hate being classified as weak, not being able to control cravings or bad habits is weak, not me!!!

Good Luck Val, you can do it!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Link Broken
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Johannes,

Actually think you're right... will stop counting the days... Also not taking any of those formula's that have helped some other people... Just have to keep telling myself that it is a really sh@#t habit and has no place in my life..
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Ek het vroeer hier gelees en wou niks byvoeg behalwe om na die ondersteuning link te gaan en moed in tepraat, maar vir die wat voel sy/haar rook het niks met ander te doen wil ek my storie oor rook vertel.

Ek het nog nooit gerook nie en kon nog nooit sien dat om te rook is bewys jy is 'n ware man nie, dis wat destydse rook adverensies ons probeer wys maak het en as ek gekyk het na die seuns saam my op skool was dit wat kamstig vir hul die manne van die seuns gesky het.

As 'n roker dink sy gerookery raak net hom/haar, dink weer.

In 1993 het my asma alerger geraak die staats dep ek gewerk het kantore geskyf het van 'n goed gewenteleerde gebou na die ou Bosten Gebou in Bellville en ons kantoor waar gemiddel 20 personeel in een vertrek gewerk het was die ou squash baan met geen ordentlike wentelasie en 90% van die personeel het gerook in die kantoor. My longe en sinus het drasries agteruit gegaan en my dokter het begin praat van om my medies ongeskik te laat verklaar teen begin 1994. Toe ek met die kantoorhoof daaroor praat dat die dokter praat van mediesongeskikdheid en of hul nie tenminse die teekamer as NIE ROOK kan maak nie is daar 'n bord op gesit ROOKERS WELKOM.

Wel April 1994 is ek oe medies ongeskik verklaar en afgesien van die geldelike tekort wat daarmee gekom het, moes ek ook die trouma verwerk en aan pas om die sieklike outjie te wees wat by die huis sit terwyl my vrou moet werk.

As jul dink die sogenaamde nuwigheid van die elektriese sigarete is die antwoord, dink weer. Ek stap eendag in die Mall en daar is 'n stalletjie wat dit adverteer. Ek het verby gestap en was nie 10m ver nie toe ek weer moet hastelik na my asma medesyne gryp, gedink dis toeval toe dit weer gebeur. So dit help nie jy vervang rotgif met miergif.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
frik
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: KZTE 3.0 4x4

Post by frik »

Adventures4Christ wrote:Yes yes I know all the answers about will power, determination and all that and I am a child of God but I still struggle!!!

I need some advice, not the electric cigarette, expensive mouth sprays or pills or that, I have tried some of them and now can't afford expensive gimmicks - and tell me "but you can afford cigarettes :blushing: :blushing: ?

How did you stop smoking because I have tried everything but when I get behind my keyboard, drink coffee or drink a beer, I just can't resist?

I really want to quit - sounds funny but eish!

:alvarin: :alvarin:
My Friend

All I can say is determination Thanks God I only smoked for 2 years when I was still young and stupid Army Bravado but thanks I some how managed to give it up or no kiss from my wife to be .
I honestly feel for you as I know close people to me that really struggle with it and the one one thing that makes me sad is how these big Tobacco houses flourish with this legal drug addiction.
As one of our members clearly pointed out what it cost per day per month per life time and eventually a horrible death.I am not trowing punches as too much Heinekens comes down to the same argument.

Its the willpower to break it an I believe no medicine or mutti but willpower is the only cure to it.
Everything keeps going right Toyota
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 2.7;2012 MB ML350;2016 MB C220 BLUETEC; 1999 VW GOLF 1.6; VW Caddy P/V

Post by HennieO »

Actually think you're right... will stop counting the days... Also not taking any of those formula's that have helped some other people... Just have to keep telling myself that it is a really sh@#t habit and has no place in my life..
:thumbup: :thumbup:

That's the spirit! Don't make it into something too big, rather focus on the positive things!

eg. Have you noticed how nice you smell today? How fresh your breath is?

You will actually start tasting your food again!

Whew! Boy I am glad I don't need those foul cancer sticks any more! :yahoo: :yahoo:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

HennieO wrote:
:thumbup: :thumbup:

That's the spirit! Don't make it into something too big, rather focus on the positive things!

eg. Have you noticed how nice you smell today? How fresh your breath is?

You will actually start tasting your food again!

Whew! Boy I am glad I don't need those foul cancer sticks any more! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Me too... :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:
RiyadhFortuner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Lansdowne
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Ranger T6

Post by RiyadhFortuner »

not sure if I posted this already. I stopped smoking about 4 years ago. It is just a matter of very strong will. To cut a very long story short. It took me 3years of trying until one day I looked at my packet and the price of ciggies and I said this is my last packet in my friends shop. This was a wed. The sat I was completely out of smokes. I was so desperate for a smoke I started to scratch around home looking for one. I realised what i was doing and decided to past time somewhere else. I went to my friends shop. Everyone knew I stopped and they all lit up blowing smoke in my face teasing etc. I sat there and told them do what you guys want I aint smoking no more. For me this was the best therapy. Now 4 years later I dont smoke at all. Once a year I will lite someones ciggarette and thats it. No cravings... You guys can do it, just be strong
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

I had my first puff when I was about 5 years old. Easy peasy, I thought. Then someone told me I am supposed to inhale, not just breathe out. I gave up smoking foever just one second later.

When the Government of the day decided they needed me to save the Country from some sort of onslaught or other, we were pitched in Army tents, 9 to a tent. I had just finished Matric and it seemed there were only two of us in the tent who did not smoke. I began to wonder if I was not perhaps missing out on something, still had a very open mind about smoking.

But then I noticed a funny thing: For the first two weeks after pay day, the guys who smoked began hiding their stompies under the entrance mat - one of those thick black rubber woven mats - to the tent and then scavenged them out at weeks 3 & 4 for a few desperate puffs, because they were flat broke and could not afford cigs.

That did it for me! No ways I was to become a slave to anything - be it booze or tobacco - and have managed to stay that way since.

Now Chocolate is an altogether different story... ;)

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

it's nice to see how many people managed to stop smoking :thumbup:
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Well done to all the guys who stopped.
I also only did it in matric, army and first year of study, then just lost interest and left it.

My current addiction is coffee and if I see how hard it is to stop that, then I can imagine how hard it must be for a chain smoker to stop smoking.

For those who are still trying, good luck, I hope you manage to stop.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

pietpetoors wrote:Well done to all the guys who stopped.
I also only did it in matric, army and first year of study, then just lost interest and left it.

My current addiction is coffee and if I see how hard it is to stop that, then I can imagine how hard it must be for a chain smoker to stop smoking.

For those who are still trying, good luck, I hope you manage to stop.
You lucky.... :thumbup:

Me addicted to both..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Gideonvanzyl wrote:it's nice to see how many people managed to stop smoking :thumbup:
Ja ek haal my hoed af vir die wat dit reg kry :welcome: :welcome: en vir die wat nog sukkel, byt vas (nie aan die siggi nie) jul sal daar kom.

En vir die wat dit nog net oor weeg het of daar aan dink :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Eish, I am glad I am not you.
I think the one helps the other, if you had coffee you feel like a siggie and after the siggie you want a mug of coffee and after the coffee you feel like having a ...........................
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

pietpetoors wrote:
Eish, I am glad I am not you.
I think the one helps the other, if you had coffee you feel like a siggie and after the siggie you want a mug of coffee and after the coffee you feel like having a ...........................
:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you put it there..... :shock2:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Is it possible to get addicted to chewing gum? Think I may be going that route..... :blink: :blink: :blink: It certainly tasted better than a siggie..
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

I think if you let yourself you can become a slave to anything.
Watch out for sugar free products that contains Aspartame, it's just as bad when it comes to causing cancer.
Image Link Broken
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

The key word is ADDICTION not coffee, ciggies, gum, ex..........

Die kofi, siggies, gom, dop, porn ens is die simtome van verslawing e verslawing is die wortel van die kwaad.

As 'n mens met die wortel deel gaan die simtome vanself weg.

Om by die wortel van iets te kom moet jy op jou kniee gaan.

Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

GI Jane wrote:Is it possible to get addicted to chewing gum? Think I may be going that route..... :blink: :blink: :blink: It certainly tasted better than a siggie..
Hi Val, gum is just as bad for you and yes you can get addicted to it. You wil end up with a jaw stronger than old Arnold, the terminator.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Gideonvanzyl wrote:
GI Jane wrote:Is it possible to get addicted to chewing gum? Think I may be going that route..... :blink: :blink: :blink: It certainly tasted better than a siggie..
Hi Val, gum is just as bad for you and yes you can get addicted to it. You wil end up with a jaw stronger than old Arnold, the terminator.
Scarry thought... :naah: :naah: :naah: But maybe a stronger jaw will eliminate the need for a face lift when it all starts to sag.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

:lol: en moenie van die maagseer vergeet nie. Elke keer wat jy kougom kou begin jou maag sappe afskei wat jou maag gereed maak vir die kos wat oppad is. In die geval van kougom kou, gaan daar geen kos maag toe nie so die suur wat jou maag afgeskei het kan dan die maagsere veroorsaak. Sterkte, hou maar by die gym.
4X4 Evangelist
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Modjadjiskloof
Vehicle: '92 4Y D/Cab 4x4 Hilux

Post by 4X4 Evangelist »

Piesang wrote:The key word is ADDICTION not coffee, ciggies, gum, ex..........

Die kofi, siggies, gom, dop, porn ens is die simtome van verslawing e verslawing is die wortel van die kwaad.

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

I smoked for 25 years, nearly drank myself to death (as well as some very nasty other habits), but, the Creator (YHVH) found me on my knees (after I was left for dead in the streets - mugged) and healed me emotionally, physically and above all, spiritually - halleluYah!!!!!!!! --- and in the blink of an eye too, without even a craving afterwards!

I have known many people trying to quit many addictions on their own or with human aid - only about a 0.000001% success rate. But each and every person I have known who made the choice to live according to YHVH's Torah, those who made YHVH numero uno in their lives, overcame these stumbling blocks and never looked back.

You're halfway there, mate, don't give up the struggle! Find the Truth of YHVH and continue on His path!

Shalom
Who knew...? Who knows...? Who will ever know...? Well, it all depends on where you are standing....!
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

4X4 Evangelist wrote:
Piesang wrote:The key word is ADDICTION not coffee, ciggies, gum, ex..........

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

I smoked for 25 years, nearly drank myself to death (as well as some very nasty other habits), but, the Creator (YHVH) found me on my knees (after I was left for dead in the streets - mugged) and healed me emotionally, physically and above all, spiritually - halleluYah!!!!!!!! --- and in the blink of an eye too, without even a craving afterwards!

I have known many people trying to quit many addictions on their own or with human aid - only about a 0.000001% success rate. But each and every person I have known who made the choice to live according to YHVH's Torah, those who made YHVH numero uno in their lives, overcame these stumbling blocks and never looked back.

You're halfway there, mate, don't give up the struggle! Find the Truth of YHVH and continue on His path!

Shalom
Amein

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

george wrote:know the feeling :sick:
i am still a smoker and tried various methods.3 weeks ago i got myself hypnotize. But nadda.i am still smoking.
I friend of mine used the following and quit a few people he knows did this program.it is expensive but apparently works very good.he is "clean" for 2 years now. i am going to give it a go. http://www.allencarr.co.za/method.html

Chris I hear what you say. My grandad died of Emphysema and i saw him died.But hell i am still smoking. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Ok just to let you guys and gals know. I had my last smoke on the 24th of August :yahoo: :yahoo:
I read the book Allen Carr-Easyway and stopped.No gum,spray,etc. I feel awesome :celebrate: :celebrate:
I have been smoking for 24 years and for the last 10 I have been on 30 a day :sick:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

Well done, George! :goodjob:
Keep it up :thumbup: :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

george wrote:
george wrote:know the feeling :sick:
i am still a smoker and tried various methods.3 weeks ago i got myself hypnotize. But nadda.i am still smoking.
I friend of mine used the following and quit a few people he knows did this program.it is expensive but apparently works very good.he is "clean" for 2 years now. i am going to give it a go. http://www.allencarr.co.za/method.html

Chris I hear what you say. My grandad died of Emphysema and i saw him died.But hell i am still smoking. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Ok just to let you guys and gals know. I had my last smoke on the 24th of August :yahoo: :yahoo:
I read the book Allen Carr-Easyway and stopped.No gum,spray,etc. I feel awesome :celebrate: :celebrate:
I have been smoking for 24 years and for the last 10 I have been on 30 a day :sick:
Mooi man... lyk my die minder stress en skoner lug doen jou goed :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Well done George!! You are going to feel heaps better for it :)

-F_D

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Just an update.
I am still a non smoker :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by HennieO »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!

You'll be noticing an improvement in your sense of smell and your tastebuds are probably starting to work again! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Open Discussion”