4x4 beach ban to stay

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
0000DS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Roodekrans
Vehicle: Tuna, 4X4, Longrange Fuel tank, BF's AT, Intergrated bumber, Roofrack, Awning, Air suspension,winch

4x4 beach ban to stay

Post by 0000DS »

4x4 beach ban to stay

2012-07-17 11:19

Johannesburg - A ban on driving 4x4 vehicles on beaches will not be reconsidered, The Star newspaper reported on Tuesday.

"Neither the prohibition nor the restriction of the recreational use of vehicles is currently being reconsidered due to the positive impact it is having on the ecology of the South African coastal zone," Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said in response to questions by Democratic Alliance.

Molewa said as a result of the prohibition on driving for recreation, there had been an improvement in the ecology of the KwaZulu-Natal coastline.

However, long term research was underway near Cape Vidal to determine if the fish species population, which are targeted by shore fisherman, had been recovered.

There were exceptions to the vehicle ban during fishing competitions, tourism purposes and scientific research.
- SAPA
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Re: 4x4 beach ban to stay

Post by Johannes van die See »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Die onderwerp maak my gat hare tai!
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Dis die Carolina water wat sy drink!
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 86

Post by Borntofish »

Hoe is dit moontlik dat die strandhengelaar n spesie kan uitwis? Vir die hoeveelheid vis wat ek sien uitkom op die strande moet dit onmoontlik wees!
scunick
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: FJ45 & 2004 DC 3,0 KZTE

Post by scunick »

What an unadulterated bucket of snot!!!
This is the same logic that defined scuba diving as consumptive and requiring a permit....
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Once again these rules effect a certain section of of population regardless of scientific facts and total disregard of tourism and financial impact on the relevant areas economy.Also the resources are raped by others because of the absence of eyes and ears of the public who would have had some formof policing our shores had they had the legal means to access our shorelines.
dalkill
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

0000DS wrote:..... tourism purposes ....
- SAPA
so tourist have more rights to our beaches then we do... :evil:
this is why guys ignore this ban... cause it is done with ostrich mentality. I should leave my vehicle at night out of sight to be stolen !! Why no comprimise like they did with the mountain trails. Training and self monitoring !! Needless to say, they ignored my suggestions

@Borntofish...

I tend to disagree with your statement. If you have ever seen the carnage that happens on stump run in langebaan, or elf run at strandfontein, you will be assured, collectively, we as shore anglers can do as much damage as those netters and long liners.
I have been trying to catch a galjoen for last three years now (caught massive one three months ago just to loose at my feet), and can tell you this species is in serious decline. When I started angling, about 10 yrs ago, galjoen was quite common, our go to fish, with the limit still 4 per day. Now it's 2 and you struggle to fill that quota. There is no way netters could do this damage, so that purely shore anglers... same story with my fav fish... the langebaan bloukop... in my early days, 50cm bloukoppe was not uncommon.. now you must be really lucky to find one of that caliber... the 25cm 10 per day lmits not helping either, cause the manne catch undersized , overqouta righ in front of the MCM offices.

All this is part of the reason I gave up the sport... not much of a sport if you go months without catching a decent fish...
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

dalkill wrote:
- SAPA
this is why guys ignore this ban... cause it is done with ostrich mentality. I should leave my vehicle at night out of sight to be stolen !! Why no comprimise like they did with the mountain trails. Training and self monitoring !! Needless to say, they ignored my suggestions

@Borntofish...

I tend to disagree with your statement. If you have ever seen the carnage that happens on stump run in langebaan, or elf run at strandfontein, you will be assured, collectively, we as shore anglers can do as much damage as those netters and long liners.
I have been trying to catch a galjoen for last three years now (caught massive one three months ago just to loose at my feet), and can tell you this species is in serious decline. When I started angling, about 10 yrs ago, galjoen was quite common, our go to fish, with the limit still 4 per day. Now it's 2 and you struggle to fill that quota. There is no way netters could do this damage, so that purely shore anglers... same story with my fav fish... the langebaan bloukop... in my early days, 50cm bloukoppe was not uncommon.. now you must be really lucky to find one of that caliber... the 25cm 10 per day lmits not helping either, cause the manne catch undersized , overqouta righ in front of the MCM offices.

All this is part of the reason I gave up the sport... not much of a sport if you go months without catching a decent fish...
Small hooks catch small fish, you need to put on larger hooks.... :mocking:
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

FIRSTGEER wrote:Once again these rules effect a certain section of of population regardless of scientific facts and total disregard of tourism and financial impact on the relevant areas economy.Also the resources are raped by others because of the absence of eyes and ears of the public who would have had some formof policing our shores had they had the legal means to access our shorelines.
agree, and could not of put it better

sodwana bay is our favorite place, there times when we would go there up to 5 times a year. from just weekends away, to our yearly holidays
have been going there from the time one needed to negotiate the soft sand roads to get to sodwana bay
since then it been restriction upon restriction
the latest has been that the beaches are closed during non school holidays weekdays
so during the school term, the beech is only open on weekends for parking one's vehicle on the beech during the weekend.
this has resulted in business in the are struggling and laying off people, and in SA tradition crime has gone up, to the point that when one goes to 9mile beech one needs to take an armed guard

so, where does this leave us? ?
we go just up the road to Ponta, where we are welcome
yes we can't drive on the beech at ponta either, yes, however We don't need to drive on the beech at Ponta, as or campsite is right on the beech, as are many other lodges and other camp sites
and the risk of being victims of violent crime is less across the boarder

people that I still keep in touch with at Sodwana bay, say that they themselves have visited Ponta and have felt more welcome at ponta then what they do where they live and run a business, sodwana bay

the beech ban and all the other restriction since have hindered development, and don't tell me that too much development is bad for the local economic system, as the Emezvelo or what ever its called has plans for a big hotel in the sodwana bay area. so!!!

the beech ban is like all the other similar issues. so my money will in future be going across the border despite the issues that go with that

there, have had my 2c worth of say :cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dalkill
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Post by dalkill »

OOOOMS wrote:
dalkill wrote:
- SAPA

@Borntofish...

Small hooks catch small fish, you need to put on larger hooks.... :mocking:
You know , I experienced this recently in langebaan... standing at my fav spot Piet se gat, there was some locals to my right. I could feel it was small stumps in the water, and was quite sad they were there as this is normally a sign the big ones are not there or have to fight for food... needless to say the locals got really excited at the nibbles and but failed to hook anything... then one shouted, "die hookies is te groot"... my heart sank on hearing this... they changed their hooks to smaller size , and soon they were pulling in skin and bones like there was no end...

Ja i could go for sharks as a sport, but I'm not really into that.. I like a good fight, but at the end of the day, I too like to take one home for the pan - nothing like a fresh bloukop. Thus I think i rather go for early retirement, as the mentality of "daars baie vis innie see" will be the death of this sport.
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Sorry I am not into fishing, but was just testing the waters...incase... :wink2:
Black Sam
Town: Mtunzini
Vehicle: Nissan Navara Pro 4x

Post by Black Sam »

Ek vang nie vis nie en ek mag ook nie op die strand ry nie, ek dink hulle wil nie he ons moet op die strande ry nie want dan kan die bedreigde kar steeler nie "survive" nie, en dit mag nie gebeur nie :thumbdown:

Wie gaan dan vir hulle sorg :?: :?:

Solank die wat nie 'n 4x4 besit of weet hoe hy werk nie in charge is gaan ons suffer !! :gavel: :deadhorse:
"LIFE'S A JOURNEY, ENJOY THE RIDE"
"WHERE THERE'S A 4X4....... THERE'S A WAY" .
"LEXUS - THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION"
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

Se ek ook!
Wat weet n mol van kaas af :?:
Ek wilie meer hieroor praatie, die onderwerk maak my kwaat!
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters

Return to “Open Discussion”