after market suspension on a Prado 4l V6 2004

Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

after market suspension on a Prado 4l V6 2004

Post by Dingo »

Hi Folks

This thread is specific to Prado's and (if it makes a difference) 4l V6's

I'm busy looking at replacing my suspension on my Prado and am a little at sorts as to which suspension to go with. According to the dealership when I last serviced, the front shocks are leaking a little and will need replacement soon.

It'll be interesting to see / hear from those who have after market suspensions in their Prados and what you thoughts / feed back is.
- is it worth the money
- whats the ride like
- whats the stability like
- etc, etc

At the moment in my mind it's between EFS and OME.
Boomer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Fortuner

Re: after market suspension on a Prado 4l V6 2004

Post by Boomer »

Hi Dingo,

I am able to comment on the EFS as i have had this on my Fortuner V6 for a year. Awesome peace of kit with value for money attached. I opted for the Elite system and have replaced my front bumper and duel battery system upfront, at the rear i have added a long range tank, frontrunner drawer system and a roof rack and the the suspension handles this with ease. The ride is not that harsh unloaded and i can highly recommend this.
ps iirc the kit is very similar with the Prado.

Regards
Charl
Toyota Fortuner
4.0 V6 4x4
TJM Bumper, Snorkel, 16" BF Goodrich A/T, Stofpad Rock Sliders, EFS Elite Suspension, KC 6" Day Lighters, Frontrunner Roof Rack, Frontrunner Fridge Slide and Drawer System, LED Work Light, Duel Battery System.

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”