WHAT TO DO TODAY TO GET POSTS ERASED

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
ForYota
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: Sold my beloved Lux..

Re: WHAT TO DO TODAY TO GET POSTS ERASED

Post by ForYota »

:boredom: :boredom: :boredom:

:reading: :reading: :reading:
ImageImageImageImage

If I can't go in my Hilux I ain't Going
4 runner oldie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brisbane Australia
Vehicle: 1985 4 runner sr5 3y engine

Post by 4 runner oldie »

Hi Jeepie Shaun ,
Perhaps your sfa buddys decided long long ago . They,d have more enjoyment doing you slowly . :twisted:

:yahoo: :lol:
No one has ever made it out alive yet .
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Post by JEEPIE »

4 runner oldie wrote:Hi Jeepie Shaun ,
Perhaps your sfa buddys decided long long ago . They,d have more enjoyment doing you slowly . :twisted:

:yahoo: :lol:
wow check a sheep shagger from down under.
glad to see we getting so international attention here
do you guess down there even know what a jeep is ?
as far as i can gather , the land cruiser is your weapon of choice ?
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

Run Jeepie, run
Here come the Hilux
phpBB [video]

View Original
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

lyk my daar was weer 'n tekort aan pille
To God be the glory
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

bbwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dis nou kek snaaks

maar eish daai is n stok ou jeep

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 97 SFA Hilux

Post by roeland.vlok »

Hehehe! Mooi Tony! :lmao:
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

And the Hilux does it again...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
phpBB [video]

View Original
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

see jeep went first and had to be recovered

4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4x4 DC A/T

Post by 4x4 Junkie »

This is the bottom line ... every vehicle has a purpose. Fact remains that only about 1% of all 4x4 owners use it for what is was intended. As a case in point; take for instance the Golf GTi or a Ferrari. If you think about it logically, how often will the two owners get to drive their vehicles at its limit?? I guarantee you not that often and if they do, they're probably doing it illegally, but we have become so caught up with KW, Torque and 0-100km/h that most have actually lost sight of the practicality of it all. The same goes for 4x4's; how many people owns cruisers, but rarely does what it was intended for; ... working hard on a farm or overlanding ... probably 2 in 10.

So why do we drive Hilux's?

Over the years it has been proven that the Toyota target market has been the more practically minded, conservative buyer. Those that don't need to show off their muscles, but seek reliability. My experience has been that my Hilux has taken me places that I wouldn't have gone to under normal circumstances. The fellow Hilux owners that I have met along the way have been pleasant and like minded people, people that I don't mind sharing a braai with.

Now I ask you this, would you rather share a braai with someone that share a good few stories with you about where they've been in their Hilux or a fecknut that keep bragging about his good for nothing else Jeep?

I rest my case.
If you still have blank pages in your passport, it's probably time for a road trip.
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

4x4 Junkie wrote:This is the bottom line ... every vehicle has a purpose.
as i have stated very early on
Fact remains that only about 1% of all 4x4 owners use it for what is was intended. As a case in point; take for instance the Golf GTi or a Ferrari. If you think about it logically, how often will the two owners get to drive their vehicles at its limit?? I guarantee you not that often and if they do, they're probably doing it illegally, but we have become so caught up with KW, Torque and 0-100km/h that most have actually lost sight of the practicality of it all. The same goes for 4x4's; how many people owns cruisers, but rarely does what it was intended for; ... working hard on a farm or overlanding ... probably 2 in 10.
wise words herre , very well stated

(uuhmm cause you can ?)

Over the years it has been proven that the Toyota target market has been the more practically minded, conservative buyer.
Those that don't need to show off their muscles, but seek reliability. My experience has been that my Hilux has taken me places that I wouldn't have gone to under normal circumstances. The fellow Hilux owners that I have met along the way have been pleasant and like minded people, people that I don't mind sharing a braai with.

Now I ask you this, would you rather share a braai with someone that share a good few stories with you about where they've been in their Hilux or a fecknut that keep bragging about his good for nothing else Jeep?

up to here you were in the pound seats and had me interested
no i dont know anymore
did you start out your reply at your desk , then decided to jump up , go outside stare at the mountain , jack up a slow boat and finish off your post with this reply ?
as a matter of interest , i enjoy the braai with my fellow club / forum members talking about related stories etc (pity most run home and dont stay for a while)
i dont brag about things i havent done or achieved with the JEEP . never once stated that it was unbeatable.
with the right driver , a less capable vehicle is better off than having a clown behind the wheel of a very capable vehicle.

i wouldnt rate myself as total capable , and still learning every time i get behind the wheel venturing offroad .

its the hilux boys that want to challenge and i just reply with a "lets go"

so put that in your pipe and smoke it !

I rest my case.

MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Post by MOFASA »

Is the fire to hot for you now Jeepie???

You want to play in the lions den.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lets all play nicely and make sure there is enough recovery equipment so we can help that jeep when he needs it..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:lmao: :lmao:

So how many posts have you had erased so far?????????
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

MOFASA wrote:Is the fire to hot for you now Jeepie???

cool like a fool

i run with the pack , dont pee like a puppy

Lets all play nicely and make sure there is enough recovery equipment so we can help that jeep when he needs it..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

can you hilux boys play nicely with others ?
i can !

NOT 1

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

JEEPIE wrote:
MOFASA wrote:Is the fire to hot for you now Jeepie???

cool like a fool

i run with the pack , dont pee like a puppy

can you hilux boys play nicely with others ?
i can !

NOT 1
I beg to differ :siffler:
To God be the glory
roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by roeland.vlok »

Hoeveel Cassie?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Ek weet van ten minste 2
To God be the glory
roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by roeland.vlok »

Ekt dit gemis... Dis die werk se skuld! :lol:
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Jissie Shaun, jy kry dit reg om van die manne lekker op te rev.. :twisted: :twisted:

It's been a while since a "nonsens-praat" thread racked up 820 views and 135+ responses in 3 days.. :lol: :lol: :lol: And it spawned 3 seperate Jeep related threads as well!!

Well done Jeepie, you keep the hit-rate on the forum going :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

ThysdJ wrote:Jissie Shaun, jy kry dit reg om van die manne lekker op te rev.. :twisted: :twisted:

It's been a while since a "nonsens-praat" thread racked up 820 views and 135+ responses in 3 days.. :lol: :lol: :lol: And it spawned 3 seperate Jeep related threads as well!!

Well done Jeepie, you keep the hit-rate on the forum going :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
thanks for the compliment

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by 4x4 Junkie »

JEEPIE wrote:
4x4 Junkie wrote:This is the bottom line ... every vehicle has a purpose.
as i have stated very early on
Fact remains that only about 1% of all 4x4 owners use it for what is was intended. As a case in point; take for instance the Golf GTi or a Ferrari. If you think about it logically, how often will the two owners get to drive their vehicles at its limit?? I guarantee you not that often and if they do, they're probably doing it illegally, but we have become so caught up with KW, Torque and 0-100km/h that most have actually lost sight of the practicality of it all. The same goes for 4x4's; how many people owns cruisers, but rarely does what it was intended for; ... working hard on a farm or overlanding ... probably 2 in 10.
wise words herre , very well stated

(uuhmm cause you can ?)

Over the years it has been proven that the Toyota target market has been the more practically minded, conservative buyer.
Those that don't need to show off their muscles, but seek reliability. My experience has been that my Hilux has taken me places that I wouldn't have gone to under normal circumstances. The fellow Hilux owners that I have met along the way have been pleasant and like minded people, people that I don't mind sharing a braai with.

up to here you were in the pound seats and had me interested
no i dont know anymore
did you start out your reply at your desk , then decided to jump up , go outside stare at the mountain , jack up a slow boat and finish off your post with this reply ?
as a matter of interest , i enjoy the braai with my fellow club / forum members talking about related stories etc (pity most run home and dont stay for a while)
i dont brag about things i havent done or achieved with the JEEP . never once stated that it was unbeatable.
with the right driver , a less capable vehicle is better off than having a clown behind the wheel of a very capable vehicle.

i wouldnt rate myself as total capable , and still learning every time i get behind the wheel venturing offroad .

its the hilux boys that want to challenge and i just reply with a "lets go"

so put that in your pipe and smoke it !

I rest my case.
:disgust: Ja, you're probably right. I allowed you to get under my skin. I got more and more revved up the more I wrote. I walked right into that Jeep trap ... sorry. You know what they say; you allow someone to drag you down to their level and they WILL beat you by experience.

See you on the other side, I'll have my recovery gear ready for you. :bye:
If you still have blank pages in your passport, it's probably time for a road trip.
4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by 4x4 Junkie »

4x4 Junkie wrote:This is the bottom line ... every vehicle has a purpose. Fact remains that only about 1% of all 4x4 owners use it for what is was intended. As a case in point; take for instance the Golf GTi or a Ferrari. If you think about it logically, how often will the two owners get to drive their vehicles at its limit?? I guarantee you not that often and if they do, they're probably doing it illegally, but we have become so caught up with KW, Torque and 0-100km/h that most have actually lost sight of the practicality of it all. The same goes for 4x4's; how many people owns cruisers, but rarely does what it was intended for; ... working hard on a farm or overlanding ... probably 2 in 10.

Over the years it has been proven that the Toyota target market has been the more practically minded, conservative buyer. Those that don't need to show off their muscles, but seek reliability. My experience has been that my Hilux has taken me places that I wouldn't have gone to under normal circumstances. The fellow Hilux owners that I have met along the way have been pleasant and like minded people, people that I don't mind sharing a braai with.

...allow me to continue from here - just before I got revved up and missed the opportunity to make my point ...

We all drive what we love, but we love them for different reasons

If your initial post was intended as a pissing contest, you win. Hands down.

Is the Jeep a capable vehicle? Absolutely. The Rubicon has been voted the most capable 4x4 vehicle in many countries, including South Africa. With diff locks front and rear, you will probably tip that thing over backwards before it will stop climbing. It will almost go anywhere.

Will I ever buy one? HELL NO! Just like with the GTi and the Ferrari, i don't need all that capability because I will NEVER use it. I regularly use my 4x4, but never in grade 5 situations. So I drive a Hilux because it is a comfortable every day car - one that my wife enjoys driving too, when we go away as family it has all the packing space you will require and driving long distances is a dream. It is relatively affordable to maintain and extremely reliable.

So Jeepie, if you only need two seats (or four in the case of the LWB), but require very little other practicality because you drive Baboonspass at least four times a year ... you've got a winner! If you only drive a Jeep to win pissing contests (like with the guy that drives the boy racer with 223KW and 388Nm of Torque and goes from 0-100 in 6sec flat) well then my friend I think you're missing the point of owning a 4x4 altogether.
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

4x4 Junkie wrote:
4x4 Junkie wrote:This is the bottom line ... every vehicle has a purpose. Fact remains that only about 1% of all 4x4 owners use it for what is was intended. As a case in point; take for instance the Golf GTi or a Ferrari. If you think about it logically, how often will the two owners get to drive their vehicles at its limit?? I guarantee you not that often and if they do, they're probably doing it illegally, but we have become so caught up with KW, Torque and 0-100km/h that most have actually lost sight of the practicality of it all. The same goes for 4x4's; how many people owns cruisers, but rarely does what it was intended for; ... working hard on a farm or overlanding ... probably 2 in 10.

...allow me to continue from here - just before I got revved up and missed the opportunity to make my point ...

We all drive what we love, but we love them for different reasons

If your initial post was intended as a pissing contest, you win. Hands down.
thanks

Is the Jeep a capable vehicle? Absolutely. The Rubicon has been voted the most capable 4x4 vehicle in many countries, including South Africa. With diff locks front and rear, you will probably tip that thing over backwards before it will stop climbing. It will almost go anywhere.
too true

Will I ever buy one? HELL NO! Just like with the GTi and the Ferrari, i don't need all that capability because I will NEVER use it. I regularly use my 4x4, but never in grade 5 situations. So I drive a Hilux because it is a comfortable every day car - one that my wife enjoys driving too, when we go away as family it has all the packing space you will require and driving long distances is a dream. It is relatively affordable to maintain and extremely reliable.

my wife likes driving it too
ok the long distance family vehicle , packing space and so far for maintanace , dunno yet so far so good
also so far since 2007 , no reliablity issues

So Jeepie, if you only need two seats (or four in the case of the LWB), but require very little other practicality because you drive Baboonspass at least four times a year ... you've got a winner! If you only drive a Jeep to win pissing contests (like with the guy that drives the boy racer with 223KW and 388Nm of Torque and goes from 0-100 in 6sec flat) well then my friend I think you're missing the point of owning a 4x4 altogether.

ha ha ha
you made me laugh now . very good reply i enjoyed that
as you have stated , different strokes for different folks
and what do you want and for what purpose
you hit the nail on the head
well done

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ForYota

Post by ForYota »

i wouldnt rate myself as total capable , and still learning every time i get behind the wheel venturing offroad

:lmao: :lmao: Is dit nou in jou Jeepster of in enige 4x4 aangedrewe voertuig??

Cause in the Jeep almost everything gets done for you :surrender:
ImageImageImageImage

TOYODA
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 YN67R with Ford V6 3.0

Post by TOYODA »

Shaun,

Seems like your Jeep was built on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, if it is still reliable.

Monday the guys are not in the mood for working, after the weekend... Hangovers and all.

Tuesday they work well.

Wednesday is hump day... Middle of the week, going over the hump.

Thursday they still work hard.

Friday they are looking forward to the weekend and does not concentrate on their work.
4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by 4x4 Junkie »

JEEPIE wrote: ...also so far since 2007 , no reliablity issues
LOL I find it quite interesting that you drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Anniversary Edition, but experienced no reliability issues since 2007. You owned a Hilux before the Jeep?
TOYODA
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 YN67R with Ford V6 3.0

Post by TOYODA »

4x4 Junkie wrote:
LOL I find it quite interesting that you drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Anniversary Edition, but experienced no reliability issues since 2007. You owned a Hilux before the Jeep?
:lmao:

His vehicle description is actually backwards... it's a 6002 model in stead of a 2006 model.
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

4x4 Junkie wrote:
Sorry but I would have to defend him on 1 point at least. 2006 is his year model and backwards as in his vehicle discription is is thus 6002. Jeepie, You can thank me later for this 1 time only event... :twisted:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
ForYota

Post by ForYota »

4x4 Junkie wrote:

:naah: 2006
ImageImageImageImage

4x4 Junkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by 4x4 Junkie »

:lmao: :lmao: Bwaaahhh!! :lmao: :lmao:

Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.

Okay my bad
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

4x4 Junkie wrote:
its actually a 2006 65th anniversary edition
bought it in 2007 , NEW off the floor

i can add and subtract

JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

ForYota wrote:i wouldnt rate myself as total capable , and still learning every time i get behind the wheel venturing offroad

:lmao: :lmao: Is dit nou in jou Jeepster of in enige 4x4 aangedrewe voertuig??

Cause in the Jeep almost everything gets done for you :surrender:

i still have to point it in the right direction , so that entails holding and turning the steering wheel

JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

4x4 Junkie wrote::lmao: :lmao: Bwaaahhh!! :lmao: :lmao:

Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.

Okay my bad
easy on the slow boats there junkie

4 runner oldie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brisbane Australia
Vehicle: 1985 4 runner sr5 3y engine

Post by 4 runner oldie »

JEEPIE wrote:
4x4 Junkie wrote:

i can add and subtract

So please tell all now Jeepie .You looked in cookie jar not enough money too buy hilux ...mmmmmmmm , :D:

haha... :taunt: :taunt: :tease:
No one has ever made it out alive yet .
4x4Maniac
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (JKU) 3.8 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X120

Post by 4x4Maniac »

I personally don't like a Fortuner even less so a Jeep that has less packing space. I do however like the fact that the Wrangler is agile with its short wheel base and is a nice toy. But I'm all grown up now and for a family car I like a bakkie, which is versatile in so many ways. So I choose a Toyota Bakkie because of its reliability and history. Which Toyota Bakkie, a Hilux, why? Well that's purely because the Tundra is not for sale here. Would I buy a Tundra, Hell Yes! Would I buy a Jeep. only as a toy... So that's my standing...
ORRA CALLSIGN X120
AKA Epsilon on 4x4Community
(2011 JKUR)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 Auto Unlimited

Rugged Ridge Front & Rear Bumpers
Rugged Ridge Light Guards
KC Spotlights
Previous:
2003 Toyota Hilux DC KZTE 3.0 4x4
2001 Toyota Hilux DC 2700i 4x4
AM Racing
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

OK so I took the time to reads through all six pages and came to a conclusion........

Think I'll go for another vasectomy :deadhorse:
This is boring :tongue:
ImageImageImage
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

[
...also so far since 2007 , no reliablity issues

[/quote]

LOL I find it quite interesting that you drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Anniversary Edition, but experienced no reliability issues since 2007. You owned a Hilux before the Jeep?[/quote]

i can add and subtract
[/quote]

So please tell all now Jeepie .You looked in cookie jar not enough money too buy hilux ...mmmmmmmm , :D:

haha... :taunt: :taunt: :tease:[/quote]

wondering if i will ever have a cookie jar for that option
:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by JEEPIE »

AM Racing wrote:OK so I took the time to reads through all six pages and came to a conclusion........

Think I'll go for another vasectomy :deadhorse:
This is boring :tongue:
glad that we could keep you busy over the weekend
not like you have much of any thing else to keep you busy in east londen :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

BlumTRD
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by BlumTRD »

:D
Ek stirrrrr ook maar net so bietjie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Open Discussion”