Legend 40 4.0v6 auto

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Cybrix
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata 2012

Legend 40 4.0v6 auto

Post by Cybrix »

Good evening guys and girls

As I mentioned in the hello section I'm not a luxer yet but as it so happens there is one on my radar. Before I commit to the buy I would like to know wht you think about the legend 40, the Bakkie looks to be in good condition and only have 90 k on the clock.this is the 4.0 v 6 automatic double cab. If anyone can give me some back ground or experience with theirs I'd appreciate it.

If I go for the deal I would need a standard set of rims as the previous owner went out and got low profile city mags on it. . . .any recommendations ?
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: Legend 40 4.0v6 auto

Post by Hoppy »

Lovely vehicle, the fuel consumption is about the only downside.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

For the mere fact fact that it has racing sleeks, one will assume it has never seen dirt/off road, but just check if all works well when 4x4 is engaged.

Sebata has it, having moved from a 2.7 and to my knowledge is happy with the consumption and grinning all day with the extra power.

Some other members on this forum would say that the consumption may be the same compared to the 2.7 but a lot more grant and energy.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Masekind
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Hoppy wrote:Lovely vehicle, the fuel consumption is about the only downside.
Hoppy is reg maar dit bly lekker sal net moelik raak as petrol +R20/l is. Ek geniet my V6 baie hy drink net meer as ek :laugh2: :laugh2:
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

Cybrix wrote:Good evening guys and girls

As I mentioned in the hello section I'm not a luxer yet but as it so happens there is one on my radar. Before I commit to the buy I would like to know wht you think about the legend 40, the Bakkie looks to be in good condition and only have 90 k on the clock.this is the 4.0 v 6 automatic double cab. If anyone can give me some back ground or experience with theirs I'd appreciate it.

If I go for the deal I would need a standard set of rims as the previous owner went out and got low profile city mags on it. . . .any recommendations ?
believe you me, you will never regret ever buying the Monster..the power under your right foot is corrupitive like the e-tolls,

fuel consumption on the open road is excellent, no complaints whatsoever, you drive it in the city at your wallet peril,

having moved from 2.7 to 4.0, i say consumption is slightly the same but with 4.0 you get raw power,

do yourself a favor, buy it, get rid of the cats & just smile & wave :celebrate: :dance1:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Skurf
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Hilux 4l V6 Auto 4x4

Post by Skurf »

Masekind wrote:
Hoppy is reg maar dit bly lekker sal net moelik raak as petrol +R20/l is. Ek geniet my V6 baie hy drink net meer as ek :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ja, maar nie oor naweke nie :siffler:
Skurf
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Hilux 4l V6 Auto 4x4

Post by Skurf »

Sebata wrote:
Cybrix wrote:Good evening guys and girls

believe you me, you will never regret ever buying the Monster..the power under your right foot is corrupitive like the e-tolls,

fuel consumption on the open road is excellent, no complaints whatsoever, you drive it in the city at your wallet peril,

having moved from 2.7 to 4.0, i say consumption is slightly the same but with 4.0 you get raw power,

do yourself a favor, buy it, get rid of the cats & just smile & wave :celebrate: :dance1:

Dis waar. Ek het n 2.7 in my Surf gehad, en hy was in fact swaarder as die 4l
Masekind

Post by Masekind »

Skurf wrote:
Masekind wrote:

Ja, maar nie oor naweke nie :siffler:
:lmao: :lmao: ek maak nie 1km/l nie :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Philly
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Jhb
Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Prado VX D4D

Post by Philly »

I also had the 2.7 before I bought my 4l a few months ago.. and all I can say is wow!! :celebrate: :celebrate: I love the power the ride and everything of it, great car! Fuel is slightly more but probably because my foot is heavy because of all he power.. gets addictive to put foot and you just take of!! :twisted: :twisted: But like everybody says, you cant go wrong. If you buying from a dealer ask them to take the low profile tires and mags and replace them with original mags, and then you choose the tire you want on there? :cooldude:
Masekind

Post by Masekind »

Maak net seker die engine is nog reg. Ek het baie skool geld betaal :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Jaans
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2005 4L V6 DC Hilux; Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 M/T

Post by Jaans »

+1
1 Kor 1:18 " Die boodskap van die kruis van Christus is wel onsin vir die wat verlore gaan, maar vir ons wat gered word, is dit die krag van God."

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”