Roofrack size on grab rails instead of tracks

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
ronnie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Totota Fortuner 2006 4.0 V6 4x4; Long Range fuel tank; AmadaXtreme suspension; C-Tek D250S dual battery system
Club VHF Licence: HC 141

Roofrack size on grab rails instead of tracks

Post by ronnie »

Hi

I currently have Frontrunner load bars (x2) that attach to the grab rails. I want to swap the load bars for a Frontrunner rack but don't want to throw away the grab on feet and have tracks fitted.

So to make a long question shorter, what is the maximum size roofrack I could use if I want to keep the grab on feet?

Thanks
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Re: Roofrack size on grab rails instead of tracks

Post by Blackadder »

I'm not sure about the size, but check out the Frontrunner website….the have options there for with or without removing the bars…Just make sure you check the weight rating, as far as I remember the rack that fits on your rails have a much lower carry capacity.

http://www.frontrunner.co.za/roof-rail-racks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.frontrunner.co.za/roof-racks ... -kits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
warthog
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Barberton
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 V6 Auto, LRFT, Dual Batt, OME's, BFG AT's, ARM comp, 800w inv, Roofrack

Post by warthog »

Ronnie, I have that on Forest. Works well, because I did not want it permanently on- makes fuel consumption even worse... So I take it off when not in use. You can put on any size, but the weight is the thing...

Basically- it's packing space for light things- when I had it fitted, I was told not more than 50kg's- no jerry's, no water tanks... I pack tents, chairs, bedding etc on it.
Hennie
ImageImage

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Jos 24:15: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
ronnie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Totota Fortuner 2006 4.0 V6 4x4; Long Range fuel tank; AmadaXtreme suspension; C-Tek D250S dual battery system
Club VHF Licence: HC 141

Post by ronnie »

Thanks for the responses....yes I don't intend to load too heavy and rather the lighter bulky stuff. I will have to check on the maximum weight though as 50kg may be a bit restrictive. I would have liked to have my two 20L jerry cans on the roof

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”