RIP - Missing Airplane: MH370 - Now another has crashed

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux Raider 3.0 D-4D D/C 4X4
Club VHF Licence: X209

RIP - Missing Airplane: MH370 - Now another has crashed

Post by Samurai »

Almost a week has passed since the Air Malaysia flight, ‪‎MH370‬ disappeared off the radar screens. The disappearance is still a mystery for the investigators and nothing has been found of the plane in the South China Sea.

I found this on the internet:

"Now you can contribute to the search. Tomnod is a service that lets you use satellite images from DigitalGlobe and tag suspicious sights. Over 200 000 volunteers have so far helped with the search operation and you could be one of them.
Visit the site below and let us find this plane once for all!"

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/

http://www.digitalglobe.com/
Last edited by Samurai on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today shed his blood with me shall be my brother."
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Re: Missing Airplane: MH370

Post by Ou vale1 »

Het iemand al gaan kyk of hy nie op Waterkloof geland het nie?
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

Wat van Google Earth?
Kan jy dit nie daarop soek nie?
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

Hoor vanoggend toe Riaan (Jakaranda 94.2) met n si-kick praat en die se dat die vliegtuig blykbaar ge-hijack was en op n eiland staan, dit is blykbaar n politieke issue en daar sal die naweek n uitruil plaasvind. Wel met geen ander verduideliking nie lyk dit na n moontlikheid??? Wonder maar net of die twee lande dit nie al lankal weet nie!!!!
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

this is so cool! Thanks
Real drivers use three pedals
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

There are so many reports of sightings of debris, to officials saying that there wasn't even a flight MH370... :twisted:

I'm waiting for the report that says the plane was plucked out of the sky by an UFO. :slap:

But at the end of the day, I feel sorry for the families of the people on board the flight... :sos:

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Ou vale1 wrote:Het iemand al gaan kyk of hy nie op Waterkloof geland het nie?
security has been tighten up there

so it's no longer so easy to get in there

The air force hired a private security company to secure the Waterkloof
:laugh2:

Google Earth images are oldish
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

kfxnando wrote:

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I never knew :roll: :roll:
Omo
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Ford Ranger super cab 3.0 xlt 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC236

Post by Omo »

Met vandag se tegnologie kan ek nie sien hoe is dit moontlik dat n vliegtuig net kan verdwyn nie. :naah:
There a two kind of people. Those who pushes a door when it says pull and they who pull a door when it says push.
kfxnando
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Omo wrote:Met vandag se tegnologie kan ek nie sien hoe is dit moontlik dat n vliegtuig net kan verdwyn nie. :naah:

Abra cadebra

sim sababim

gone

:lmao: :lmao:

:surrender:

just really feel sorry for the families, who have no idea what happened to their loved ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

"This Is The Most Plausible Theory For The Plane's Disappearance We've Heard Yet ..."

http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia ... ire-2014-3

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Very plausible theory ... he's probably right, but after so many days will there still be trace evidence of a crash at sea? .... debris scattering, currents carrying it away and bits even becoming waterlogged and sinking, reducing / spreading the tell-tale signs. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

the Helderberg had fuel exellerant on board, much more flammable than jet fuel, but lots of debris were found.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Toppie4x4 »

uiteindelik iemand wat iets gesien het wat sin maak:

Residents on the island nation, in the Indian Ocean about 700 kilometres south-west of Sri Lanka, have reported seeing a ‘‘low-flying jumbo jet’’ on the morning that the missing plane with 239 people on board vanished from civilian radar and lost contact with ground controllers.
The large plane was reported to be white with red stripes, which is consistent with the Malaysia Airlines fleet, and was said to have made an incredibly loud noise as it flew over the the island of Kuda Huvadhoo at about 6.15am on March 8, according Maldives newspaper Haveeru Daily.
Advertisement
"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before,’’ one unnamed witness told the newspaper.
‘‘We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly... It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."
Mohamed Zaheem, the island councillor of Kuda Huvadhoo, told the newspaper that other residents had also spoken of the incident.
The residents claimed the plane was flying towards the southern tip of the Maldives, the Addu Atoll.
The Maldives sighting appears to fit in with a theory proposed by an experienced pilot, Chris Goodfellow, whose blog earlier in the week has gained much online support.
Mr Goodfellow believes that the pilot on MH370 may have been heading to the Malaysian resort island of Langkawi for an emergency landing after the transponders were knocked out by a fire on board.
Mr Goodfellow said he believed the pilots were overcome by smoke and the plane continued on autopilot until it either ran out of fuel, or crashed.
"The reported sighting over the Maldives coincides with the time line well," Mr Goodfellow said in an updated post.
"The aircraft is probably a small distance west of Maldives.’’
Investigators have not commented on the reported sighting in the Maldives, which is thousands of kilometres away from where an Australian-led search has begun in a massive stretch of ocean west of Perth.
That search operation, covering an area the size of France, began on Tuesday afternoon when an Australian P-3 Orion surveillance plane set off from RAAF base Pearce, outside Perth.
Aircraft from the US and New Zealand will join the search on Wednesday, and China has expressed interest in helping.
On Wednesday morning, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said three merchant ships near the search area also had responded to a broadcast issued by AMSA’s rescue co-ordination centre.
The search area is more than 600,000 square kilometres, and the search is likely to take weeks.
John Young, from AMSA’s rescue co-ordination centre, said that search area was the ''best estimate'' of where the plane may have came down.
It is a considerably smaller area than the massive arc previously outlined by Malaysian authorities.
But Mr Young said it would still be a massive job, and repeated several times it was only a ''possible search area'', underscoring the uncertainty that still surrounds the whole episode.
''A needle in a haystack remains a good analogy,'' he said. ''The sheer size of the search area poses a huge challenge.''
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Ek hoor vanmore op die radio dat hulle wrakstukke op satelietfotos opgetel het, Australie stuur blykpaar vandag recce vliegtuie uit
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Samurai wrote:There are so many reports of sightings of debris, to officials saying that there wasn't even a flight MH370... :twisted:

I'm waiting for the report that says the plane was plucked out of the sky by an UFO. :slap:

But at the end of the day, I feel sorry for the families of the people on board the flight... :sos:
Being wondering what Ali3n's been upto :cooldude:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Thunder02 wrote:Being wondering what Ali3n's been upto
Spit it out!
aev@iburst.co.za
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

Things like this are going about:

Caption: "I told the bloke next door if he hasn't moved this by tomorrow I'm calling the council"

:slap:
Attachments
Malaysia.jpg
Malaysia.jpg (25.89 KiB) Viewed 3552 times

4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
b4runner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: oregon US
Vehicle: 1981 Toyota Trekker

Post by b4runner »

1981 Toyota Trekker. Full internal Roll Cage, Dual Transfer Cases (2.28x4.7) 5.29 gears = 220:1
35" Goodyear Kevlar MTR's
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

4x4BEES wrote:
kfxnando wrote:

We have a project in Hermanus (3000m2 building taking up half a street block), the basic building structure is more than a year in the building proces .... Google Earth still shows the vacant lot ....
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

I never knew google earth worked like that until I looked at my own house.
Been living here for more than 1 year and in the image is still the previous owners car in the driveway
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by 4x4BEES »

:mocking:
Attachments
777.jpg
(93.18 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Re: Missing Airplane: MH370 - RIP

Post by Samurai »

24 March 2014 Last updated at 15:55 GMT

Malaysia's prime minister has announced that missing flight MH370 crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

Najib Razak said this was the conclusion of fresh analysis of satellite data tracking the flight.

Malaysia Airlines had told the families of the 239 people on board, he said.

The BBC has seen a text message sent to families by the airline saying it had to be assumed "beyond reasonable doubt" that the plane was lost and there were no survivors.

There were 227 passengers on flight MH370, many of them Chinese.

Relatives of those on board who watched the announcement at a Beijing hotel wept with grief, and some were taken away on stretchers by medical teams, news agencies reported.

Flight MH370 disappeared after taking off on 8 March from Kuala Lumpur.

A big international search operation has been taking place in the southern Indian Ocean, along the southern arc or corridor of the plane's possible route, more than 1,500 miles (2,500km) off the south-west coast of Australia.

In the past day, both Australian and Chinese air force crews have reported spotting debris.

The unidentified objects have been seen in separate parts of the vast search area, in some of the world's most treacherous and remote waters.

Heartbreaking
Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived”

Malaysia Airlines statement
It was based on new analysis by British satellite firm Inmarsat, which provided satellite data, and the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB).

The firms "have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth," Mr Razak said.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

Mr Razak appealed to the media to respect the privacy of the families of the passengers and crew, saying the wait for information had been heartbreaking and this latest news harder still.

The text message sent to families by Malaysia Airlines announcing the loss of the plane said: "Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived... we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

Selamat Omar, the father of a 29-year-old aviation engineer who was on the flight, said some family members of other passengers broke down in tears at the news.

"We accept the news of the tragedy. It is fate,'' Selamat told Associated Press in Kuala Lumpur.

Fresh analysis methods
The Malaysian prime minister said Inmarsat had been able to shed further light on the plane's flight path by performing further calculations on the MH370 data "using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort".

According to Inmarsat, this involved a totally new way of modelling, which was why it took time.

The company told the BBC the new calculation involved crunching far more data, which included what other aircraft were doing at the time.

Inmarsat gave the AAIB the new data on Sunday, it said, which had to be checked before it could be made public.

Officials said earlier that the plane automatically sent an hourly "ping" - a brief signal - to the Inmarsat satellite even after other communication systems on the plane shut down.

Initial analysis showed the location of the final "ping" was probably along one of two vast arcs running north and south.

:thumbdown: :silent: :(
Attachments
MH370Map.jpg
(153.97 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

ChrisF wrote:
4x4BEES wrote:
kfxnando wrote:

Yep
self built a 10.1m X 14.5M carport, and been watching Google for the new image, not even the frame :laugh2:

now extending the carport by another 60sq, maybe they will update after the extensions

bad about the plane

been suspecting as much

if it had been hijacked then by now there would of been some demands and someone claiming responsibility

:cooldude:

We have a project in Hermanus (3000m2 building taking up half a street block), the basic building structure is more than a year in the building proces .... Google Earth still shows the vacant lot ....
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Re: RIP - Missing Airplane: MH370

Post by Mud Dog »

Please Spare a thought for Prakash who told his wife Reenie, he was going to China on that Malaysian flight MH370 and now can't come out of his girlfriend's flat.! :D:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Toppie4x4 »

The free version of Google earth is outdated, BUT if you want life Google earth, you will have to pay an arm and a leg..................same as for fuel now days.
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

Another Air Malaysia Boeing 777 has crashed in eastern Ukraine en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, 295 souls on board. :shock:

Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Re: RIP - Missing Airplane: MH370 - Now another has crashed

Post by Thunder02 »

Just heard on the news that they where shot down,is this true :shock2:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Samurai »

Thunder02 wrote:Just heard on the news that they where shot down,is this true :shock2:
It's not confirmed, but they think there is a strong possibility that it might have been shot down. So Sad...

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Ukraine says Malaysia jetliner shot down by rebels' missile

Scott Rose and Daryna Krasnolutska, Bloomberg

A Malaysia Airlines jet was shot down over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board, in an attack that the government in Kiev blamed on pro-Russian rebels. The separatists denied the accusation.

Ukraine’s state security service said it intercepted phone conversations among militants discussing the missile strike, which knocked Flight 17 from the sky about 30 kilometers (18 miles) from the Russian border. U.S. officials said the weapon probably was a Russian-made model used widely in Eastern Europe.

The Boeing Co. 777 crashed en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam in the main battleground of Ukraine’s civil war, threatening to escalate tensions in Europe’s worst geopolitical crisis since the end of the Cold War. A European air-traffic control agency shifted planes away from the region, which sits astride some of the busiest routes to and from Asia.

President Vladimir Putin, who has repeatedly denied Russian involvement in the fighting, said Ukraine’s government bore responsibility because the crash wouldn’t have occurred without the current strife. U.S. President Barack Obama said the U.S. was investigating whether any citizens were aboard.

“That is our first priority,” Obama said in Wilmington, Delaware, echoing comments from leaders around the world as countries including Malaysia and the Netherlands sought an accounting of their nationals among the 283 passengers and 15 crew members on the Malaysian Airline System Bhd. plane.

Dutch Travelers

Flight 17 carried 154 Dutch travelers, the biggest single group, Huib Gorter, the Malaysian Air executive in charge of Europe, told reporters today at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport.

U.K. Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond called for an international inquiry, saying in a television interview in London that “We believe the United Nations is the right body to lead that investigation and we will provide it with all the support we can.”

Putin said he also directed Russian military and civilian authorities to “investigate this crime,” according to a transcript of his remarks to Cabinet ministers after returning from a trip to Latin America.

Russia’s ruble tumbled 1.2 percent to 40.2691 against the central bank’s target basket of dollars and euros, the most on a closing basis since March 3. The Micex index of 50 Russian stocks slid to 2.3 percent to 1,440.63, the lowest since May 30.

Closing Airspace

Flight 17 was at about 33,000 feet (10 kilometers) when it was struck, according to navigation agency Eurocontrol. Ukrainian authorities previously barred use of that route below 32,000 feet, so the airspace “was open at the level at which the aircraft was flying,” Brussels-based Eurocontrol said.

Airlines are now being denied permission to fly over eastern Ukraine, according to Eurocontrol. “The routes will remain closed until further notice,” the agency said in a statement.

U.S. military and intelligence officials said that while they’re still investigating, it increasingly appears that Flight 17 was downed by a Russian-made surface-to-air missile known by its NATO designation SA-11 Gadfly.

There is a growing belief that Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine or Russia may have mistaken the jet for a Ukrainian military transport, said two Pentagon officials who asked not to identified because the details are private. Some rebels are Russian or Ukrainian military veterans who may have been trained on the Gadfly, a U.S. intelligence official said.

Gadfly Missile

The Gadfly missile, known locally as the BUK-M, is a radar- guided weapon that can acquire a target at a range of 140 miles and reach altitudes as high about 72,000 feet, according to the army technology.com website.

“The separatists could have only gotten that capability from Russia,” U.S. Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican, said when asked what the ramifications would be if pro-Russian forces shot down the jetliner. “Therefore the culpable party here is Vladimir Putin.”

Ukraine has more proof beyond the telephone intercepts of rebels’ involvement, Valentyn Nalyvaychenko, acting chairman of the state security service, said in Kiev, without immediately giving details.

Insurgent leader Andrei Purgin denied the rebels were behind the attack, telling Bloomberg by phone that the Ukrainian army had shot down the plane by mistake and that the rebels didn’t have a weapon that could reach that altitude.

Malaysia Tragedy

Malaysia isn’t yet able to verify why the plane went down, Prime Minister Najib Razak said at the Kuala Lumpur airport, which was linked for the second time in four months to an aviation tragedy after the disappearance of Flight 370 while en route to Beijing. Flight 17 was carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew members, according to the Interior Ministry.

The incident just days after the U.S. said pro-Russian rebels are getting weapons from Russia and tightened sanctions against the country. After Russia annexed Crimea earlier this year, the U.S. accused the country of trying to foment unrest in Ukraine’s eastern regions, a claim that Putin rejects.

A White House official, who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly, said that over the past month, the flow of heavy weapons from Russia and support for Russian separatists has increased. The training and tactics of rebels in eastern Ukraine has also grown more sophisticated, the official said.

Ukraine has already lost multiple aircraft to the rebels and earlier this week the government said an An-26 transport plane was hit by a “powerful weapon” not previously used by the separatists, probably from inside Russia.

Insurgents’ Demands

The insurgents want to become part of Russia and have appealed to Putin to send military assistance. Putin has refused, and last month asked lawmakers in Moscow to rescind the authorization they gave him March 1 to use force in Ukraine.

Both Russia and Ukraine have a history of shooting down passenger planes. In 1983, the Soviet Union shot down a Korean Airlines flight traveling from New York to Seoul, killing 269 passengers and crew, and souring relations with the U.S. It was a repeat of a 1978 incident in which Soviet jets shot down a Korean Air Lines flight after it failed to respond to interceptors. Two passengers were killed; 107 other passengers and the crew survived after an emergency landing.

In 2001, during exercises on the Crimean peninsula, the Ukrainian military accidentally shot down a Siberian Airlines flight, killing 66 passengers and 12 crew on board.

In 1988, a U.S. Navy warship shot down an Iran Air jetliner, killing 290 people, after what the military said was a misidentification of the Airbus plane for an Iranian fighter.

©2014 Bloomberg News

Return to “Open Discussion”