Hilux Centre Caps becoming a popular item to part with...

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Andrew Schmidt
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Meadowbrook
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3 D4D 4X4 D/C

Hilux Centre Caps becoming a popular item to part with...

Post by Andrew Schmidt »

Hi all, had mine "repossessed" on Saturday morning whilst stocking up for the "rugby braai" at Checkers. The place was very busy I must add...

Bloke at Toyota giggled when I ask "do you sell many of these?"

Is there a way to secure them to the rim to prevent this happening again?

Thanks
Andrew Schmidt
KZ-TE 2x4 D/C WLH 914 GP - Fatally injured by a Cement Truck
2005 Nissan Hardbody 3L TD 4X4 Double cab - SWJ 947 GP The Silver Bullet!!!!- Sold
Toyota Hilux 3 D4D D/C 4X4 CK 43 SB GP Needless to say anymore...
grobbepj
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux legend 35 4x4 3.0kzte D/C

Re: Hilux Centre Caps becoming a popular item to part with..

Post by grobbepj »

Ja this is a real nuisance. Had to replace mine too regularly on my legend 35 for my liking.

I then had an accident with the bakkie and in place of going to full mag repair route I decided to go on all my rims darker colour and powdercoated the rims (at a fraction of the cost). Then spraypainted the centre caps black... and since this is not the standard color anymore I have not yet needed to replace them in almost two years :yahoo:

But this is not a solution for all... :surrender:

A friend of mine just ordered a new set fir his land cruiser as well and they are very much more expensive than on my legend. And they come off just too easily for their own safekeeping. Would like to hear if there are any clever plans out there to stop this

Return to “Open Discussion”