Vigo DC passenger doors not unlocking with remote or inside.

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
SACruiser79
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 4.2D Pick-Up

Vigo DC passenger doors not unlocking with remote or inside.

Post by SACruiser79 »

Right, so my central locking was working perfectly and then two weeks ago, the problem started just now and then, so when I asked Toyota to check it during a service it worked fine so they said they could not track down a fault.

But as of yesterday, the problem is just there permanently. Now, my vehicle is not going for a service anytime soon, and it is not under warranty so I would rather, if possible fix it myself or more cost effectively than just having the dealers tell me to replace and pay for it all.

What happens is, when I lock the car either with the remote, or with the central locking button on the drivers side door, all the doors lock perfectly. But when I unlock it with the remote, it only unlocks the drivers door, and when I press unlock again on the remote which it used to then unlock all the other doors, it now does not anymore. Even if I then open the drivers door and then press the unlock button on the drivers door inside, it does not unlock the other 3 passenger doors.

Also, usually when switching off the ignition after driving, it would unlock all the doors, but now it just unlocks the drivers door, so I have to manually unlock the other doors.

Now obviously the problem is not with the remote as it locks and unlocks the drivers door and alarm. It is also not with the central locking button inside the drivers door, as this still locks and unlocks the drivers door. So the problem has to be elsewhere. Both the remote and the central locking button still locks all the doors when I have unlocked them, but it just then unlocks the drivers door.

Baffled. Does anybody know where else I can start looking? Like a fuse or something?

It is a 2010 Double Cab 4x4 auto 4.0 V6.
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Re: Vigo DC passenger doors not unlocking with remote or ins

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

do you have a multi meter?

Strip door panel and start measuring voltages and ensure that the lock mech is receiving power when you push your remote.

if you have voltage the problem is between the mech (the mech it self maybe) and door. if no volyage you need to retrace the wiring back to the ecu.

there is an electrical manual somewhere on this forum that you can download for the vigo.

Good luck
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
Club VHF Licence: X298

Post by Oosie101 »

I had the same issue when I bought mine last year. The guys who sold it to me had it fixed at Station Auto Sound in Roodepoort. I had to take the Hilux to them one morning and picked it up again later that day. All works perfectly now. Just watch out, they like to put some stickers on your windows with their logo as if you just installed sound there or something...
SACruiser79
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 4.2D Pick-Up

Post by SACruiser79 »

Thanks Obelix, I am somewhat DIY inclined, but that seems just a bit too much for me, so I think I am going to check the fuses. If they are all fine, I am going to go ahead and take it to my closest trusty autolec like Oosie1 did and have him check it out.

Just thought I would try here if it might be a common problem with an easy fix, but doesn't seem that way.
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

I havent looked at the new models but i assume they work the same way as the older ones.
The central locking mechanism will push a rod to lock/unlock the door.
Open the door pad and ensure that all those rods etc. are seated properly.
Real drivers use three pedals
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

doubt it is "in a door" - then it would only be ONE door acting ....

sounds like a relay or something is acting up that controls all three other doors ....

have you got a wiring diagram ??
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

Apologies, i didnt read it properly. Didnt realise the problem was on 3 doors.
Real drivers use three pedals
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion Gauteng
Vehicle: Mazda Rustler 16v

Post by MCHILUX »

It's the integration relay (the fusebox under the steering wheel)

Return to “The Workshop”